Making a Case for Kadri as FLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

Just once can someone defend NK without actually dissing other players?

Who is dissing other players? I only used those because they are the players that people thought are better than Kadri. It seems when a new shiny player comes in, people start trying to hype them up and trying to sell Kadri highly short

mikebel111*

Imo if Holland is going to one day make Kadri expendable (which would be great as it would likely mean we have a legitimate #1C), it should also make Bozak expendable.

As others have stated, both Kessel and Kadri like to control the puck, so it might not be best to have them on the same line. Holland on the other hand is more known as a shooter, maybe he would work better with Kessel and JVR (obviously he would have to play much better than he did this past season, but it might be worth a try if we run into lots of injuries again).

Good post! I am not ripping on Holland. I am a big fan of his game and believe he has a top 6 skillset. I was just pointing out when Holland had not proven anything yet we saw Kadri expendable posts.
Holland made me a big believer during Marlies playoff run.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Good post! I am not ripping on Holland. I am a big fan of his game and believe he has a top 6 skillset. I was just pointing out when Holland had not proven anything yet we saw Kadri expendable posts.
Holland made me a big believer during Marlies playoff run.

Peter Holland since joining our franchise has had a brief stint with our organization. He put up 10 points in 39 games played, with the latter-half of games playing lower minutes. I thought he played great for a rookie considering Bozak/Bolland and even Kadri was out at one point due to a short suspension.

He undoubtedly has nothing left to prove in the AHL as he's been close to a PPG over his whole career. I think he needs to transition finally to the Leafs while providing good two-way play and offensive numbers in a third-line position. The rest will be up to him, he has the talent set to knock both Kadri/Bozak down the ranking if he reaches his ceiling.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
I think a decent comparison for Peter Holland is Danius Zubrus. He posses, size, speed, two-way awareness and scoring potential. However, I can't see him every being a 60+ point player IMO.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
If Kadri has god like hands and amazing vision like every says, and he skates just like Gretzky did, how come hes not as good?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
To be fair, how many 2nd line centers put up that many points?

That's an almost impossible mark to hit without getting 1st line PP minutes.

Only 14 centers had 65 or more points last season, and of those, only Pavelski and Thornton played on the same team. Everyone else is a 1st line guy.

That trend continues throughout the top 30, with only a handful of teams having multiple centers in there.

Colorado happens to have 4 centers in the top-30, likely because at least two of them spend more time on the wing (Duchene, Stastny, O'Reilly and Mackinnon).

He'd be over a PPG, easily, if he was playing with Kessel and van Reimsdyk.

So 85-90 points on the 1st. line, 65-70 on the 2nd.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Who is dissing other players? I only used those because they are the players that people thought are better than Kadri. It seems when a new shiny player comes in, people start trying to hype them up and trying to sell Kadri highly short

So it is a knock against Kadri just because someone hypes up a new shiny player? Defend NK on his merits.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Okay buddy.

I'd try try comparing Kadri to a Ribeiro before Gretzky...

Yes, but that wouldn't as clearly demonstrate how you can be a high-end offensive player without elite skating ability, which was the point of the comparison in the first place.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Tangent.....I never said any thing of the sort......I was talking about skate profiles and edge control....things that you have no idea about.

I did however disprove that your opinion that Gretzky was fast was wrong.

My Mistake about Wilson being number 26, I should have not used my memory but it was almost 30 years ago. Sorry I was wrong about that.

Now back to our real debate that you have been avoiding. Kadri is as I said, a good skater and very skilled. You disagreed and I stated why he was a good skater and even posted an opinion that supports my opinion. If you care to debate this lets....

I don't know, you are the poster that bought up Gretzky and Kadri in the same sentence, they cut similar edges/radius with their skates or something vague that attempted to sound hockey related. Bottom line is they are not the same skaters, speed, balance, one step quickness, Gretzky is much better. It is a bad comparison and opinion. Maybe Kadri tapes his sticks the same way Gretzky does, it doesn't mean he can handle the puck or shoot like 99 either. See how silly using this type of comparison is to begin with. I do see why you would want to link Kadri's name with Gretzky. Nice try!

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Yes, but that wouldn't as clearly demonstrate how you can be a high-end offensive player without elite skating ability, which was the point of the comparison in the first place.

Kadri is no where near Gretzky's level...Skating or overall. Hell hes not even at Ribeiro's level yet...

mikebel111*

Kadri is no where near Gretzky's level...Skating or overall. Hell hes not even at Ribeiro's level yet...

Did you even read what the conversation was about?
No one said anything like that so stop saying "wow you guys think he is on same level"!

Similar skating ability. Not level. That is all being said
Stop making up stuff
This board sometimes:shakehead:

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I don't know, you are the poster that bought up Gretzky and Kadri in the same sentence, they cut similar edges/radius with their skates or something vague that attempted to sound hockey related. Bottom line is they are not the same skaters, speed, balance, one step quickness, Gretzky is much better. It is a bad comparison and opinion. Maybe Kadri tapes his sticks the same way Gretzky does, it doesn't mean he can handle the puck or shoot like 99 either. See how silly using this type of comparison is to begin with. I do see why you would want to link Kadri's name with Gretzky. Nice try!

Give up....this is not figure skating back in the day with they had to cut a figure out in the ice....

I compared the radius of the skate blade of both Gretzky and Kadri and stated that the both use a similar radius on their skates and the reason why.....no where did I compare them and if fact stated I was not making any comparison.....all that you have done with the above post is again prove you never should be giving opinions about skating when you have clearly demonstrated you know very little about skates and skating.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
there is no case for kadri as a #1 center on the leafs.

1. he is below average defensively
2. he cant take a face off to save his life
3. he is on the smaller side
4. he is a poor possession player.
5. pretty limited leadership skills.

kadri is a 50-60 point center but his points come at the neglect of his defensive duties. he also struggles with faceoffs, a skill that top line centers should at the very least be average at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad