HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I need the receipts on that one. I remember the arguments but I don’t remember any Avs fans on the other side.
I was definitely one of those voices. Ironically it was a few weeks before the MacK we know now emerged, but yeah I had started to accept that Monahan was better than MacKinnon. There were more than a few people who felt the same, hell I remember him in an interview with Friedman where even he was like f*** ... well I guess I'm a 60ish point guy.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I was definitely one of those voices. Ironically it was a few weeks before the MacK we know now emerged, but yeah I had started to accept that Monahan was better than MacKinnon. There were more than a few people who felt the same, hell I remember him in an interview with Friedman where even he was like f*** ... well I guess I'm a 60ish point guy.

Oof. Dislike. But I guess I missed a lot in the 16-17 season. I didn’t come around here much then except to check in on our saviors Nolan Patrick and Nico Hischier.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
If Seguin is getting 13 M in salary this year, I'd say MacKinnon is worth about 35 M per. Crazy how some of if not most of these huge dollar contracts hamper a teams ability to compete by year 2/3 of the 8 year deal.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
MacKinnon is going for a historical contract, that much we know. In short, his contract will be:

- Fair (according to MacKinnons own reckoning)
- Highest in the league

Considering the projected cap changes, we can conclude he is not likely to sign for anything lower than 14M for a 8-year term contract. Personally, I would say it will be 15M to make it a nice number.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
That’s an Avs GDT. You could’ve probably found some from this year that would’ve said we would never win anything.
The point is there were avs fans of that opinion. It’s easy with hindsight to say monahan>mackinnon is just laughable, but it wasn’t in 2017.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
MacKinnon is going for a historical contract, that much we know. In short, his contract will be:

- Fair (according to MacKinnons own reckoning)
- Highest in the league

Considering the projected cap changes, we can conclude he is not likely to sign for anything lower than 14M for a 8-year term contract. Personally, I would say it will be 15M to make it a nice number.

Hahaha. This should be a fun post to come back on

Reactions: TheRarestDangles

howboutahug

Mar 20, 2018
Rocky Mountains
There was a time avs fans thought so too. Things can change dramatically.
Those people must've been pretty scarce. I don't remember anyone ever thinking that. I do remember the majority of people being disappointed in the production, but being able to recognize the ceiling even with the able the growing pains. MacK has always had it.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Those people must've been pretty scarce. I don't remember anyone ever thinking that. I do remember the majority of people being disappointed in the production, but being able to recognize the ceiling even with the able the growing pains. MacK has always had it.
Back then it was a constant debate, wasn’t very scarce during the dark years.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Mack will sign for 11 and it’ll be front loaded so he’s paid 14 mil in the first season making
Him the highest paid.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
MacKinnon signer a fair deal but went out and far outperformed the contract It’s on him and his agent for not betting he would not reach his potential. I would think they have learned a lesson and will want a deal that reflects him being a top 5 player in the league not just today but also moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad