Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
1. there's no way he said this
2. his next contract won't be in single digits

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Were not saying they couldnt get thoose kind of contracts, just that from a teams perspective theyre not ideal. I would also like to think that players of any team like to win more than lose? To stay competative, you cant max out your earnings in a cap-world. Me for one, would rather leave some money on the table if signing longterm if it means I get to contend each year. It´s not like they would be poor if they took 15-20% less.
They are already taking 15-20% less.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I feel Nichuskin and Lehkonen are 1M overpaid. If MacKinnon wants the rumoured 13M, he certainly isnt underpaid beeing the highest contract in the league.
How so? How many 6'4 forwards with an elite two way game were in UFA this year that signed for 5 MM? How many of those players are signed for 5M period? Even burakovsky got 5.5M and Avs fans didn't give a **** that he left.

Mack if he even gets 13MM will be the highest for exactly 1 year and in the year where EJ's contract declines significantly so it doesn't even matter. It also doesn't even

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
it doesn't even matter.
Are you familiar with agents? I bet Avalanches players agents jumps outta joy if they notice you can milk out as much as you want after the cup. Let`s see what Newhook, Byram, Toews and Rantanens next contracts will be after that.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Are you familiar with agents? I bet Avalanches players agents jumps outta joy if they notice you can milk out as much as you want after the cup. Let`s see what Newhook, Byram, Toews and Rantanens next contracts will be after that.
Are you familiar with agents?

Yes let's see what those next contract look like in a couple of years from now before commenting on it.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Are you familiar with agents?

Yes let's see what those next contract look like in a couple of years from now before commenting on it.

Not that I care. Pay the guy 17M/yr if you want. I find it quite odd that Avalanche fans are the ones that wants to pay the guy top dollars? Usually fans ant their team to succeed.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Not that I care. Pay the guy 17M/yr if you want. I find it quite odd that Avalanche fans are the ones that wants to pay the guy top dollars? Usually fans ant their team to succeed.

Because Avs fans would have no idea what a successful team looks like.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
The Avs are one of the most cap conscious teams in the league. We've let go of Stastny, Barrie, ROR, a vezina candidate in Grubauer when they no longer fit the cap structure. They just let go of Kadri and Kuemper because it didn't fit in the cap structure. So if they think Mack at 13MM is within cap budget, Avs fans are more than happy with it. Obviously we would love Mack at 1MM but thats not reality.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
"The deal I've been on at the time I signed was completely fair," MacKinnon said. "No complaints at all, but you don't want to be labeled as the most underpaid guy for your whole career. But I see some numbers out there of what I'm looking for, it's not true, crazy numbers. But hopefully the deal that gets done people see as fair for both sides."

MacKinnon said his goal is to one day be compared to Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Evgeni Malkin, Kris Letang and Patrick Kane -- all have remained top players in the NHL well into their 30s.

"I plan on being an elite player until [the contract] is over," the 27-year-old said. "I look at Sid, Ovi, Malkin, Letang, these guys are 35, 36 years old and elite players still. Patrick Kane. Hopefully I'll be that as well."

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
How’d that work out for LA and Chicago when they all got their raises
LAs problems were much more than the Kopitar and Doughty contracts which were signed 3 and 4 years after the Cup wins and after they had already started to slide. Trading multiple firsts during those years, crap drafting, losing Mitchell to poor cap management that had nothing to do with Kopitar and Doughtys contracts, losing a solid top 4 in Voynov because of his issues, Richards falling off a cliff, Stoll getting injured and falling off a cliff.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama
Jul 10, 2003
KW
"The deal I've been on at the time I signed was completely fair," MacKinnon said. "No complaints at all, but you don't want to be labeled as the most underpaid guy for your whole career. But I see some numbers out there of what I'm looking for, it's not true, crazy numbers. But hopefully the deal that gets done people see as fair for both sides."

MacKinnon said his goal is to one day be compared to Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Evgeni Malkin, Kris Letang and Patrick Kane -- all have remained top players in the NHL well into their 30s.

"I plan on being an elite player until [the contract] is over," the 27-year-old said. "I look at Sid, Ovi, Malkin, Letang, these guys are 35, 36 years old and elite players still. Patrick Kane. Hopefully I'll be that as well."

Sounds like we'll see a discount.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
You made that same exact post like 6 posts up and three hours earlier. Are you just going to copy and paste your point every time someone else replies to the thread?
1663532537464.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad