M_B's Mock Draft - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Its good that you made a discussion thread.

I was never satisfied with my first line.

Tanguay - Yzerman - Gaborik made sense to me.

Yzerman for his leadership and Gaborik and Tanguay can be scoring threats anytime :eek: what do you think ?

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
MaDdY said:

Yzerman for his leadership and Gaborik and Tanguay can be scoring threats anytime :eek: what do you think ?

Yzerman is a playoff stud, but his eye injury might hinder him. Tanguays Playmaking skills and Gabby's scoring is the icing on the cake. Fast and Smart first line.

About Calgary's First Line..Well, what more can be said about that line?

NYI, I think, though has a great top number of players, I think the no picks in 7 rounds will cripple NYI.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
NeoCanuck said:
Yzerman is a playoff stud, but his eye injury might hinder him. Tanguays Playmaking skills and Gabby's scoring is the icing on the cake. Fast and Smart first line.

About Calgary's First Line..Well, what more can be said about that line?

NYI, I think, though has a great top number of players, I think the no picks in 7 rounds will cripple NYI.

yeah. thats harsh...well i hope he learns from it :)

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
monster_bertuzzi said:
I'm geeked about my line of Tkachuk-Weight-Iginla. :)

It IS a good line. Just hope Tkachuk works in the playoffs. Such an amazing player but moves a notch down in the playoffs.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
All teams are looking good so far.. Though there are still a few who prefer youngsters over experienced playoff warriors.

Anyway, luckily my draft is going as planned. I've nearly managed to draft every player I wanted with the pick. All of my forwards chosen so far are players who step it up during the quest for the cup. Ofcourse, there are a lot of good players left who don't have a playoff card with impressive stats, so it's all up to the GM to mix, combine and put together thoughtfull lines.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
MaDdY said:

I'm sorry but Yzerman and Mario are NOT first line centres anymore!!! Mario is a winger because his back can't handle the face-offs and Yzerman is a second or third liner now, occasionally getting more minutes when the game is on the line. Move Stevie and get a passing centre. There are several adequate guys left who could make Alex and Gabbie even better.

wolfen

Jan 26, 2003
seattle
Visit site
NeoCanuck said:

I think he could wind up with a really good team.

he won't have big name wingers, but there are a lot of guys who could score enough goals playing with sundin or lang for them to win the cup.

that defense is scary.

wolfen

Jan 26, 2003
seattle
Visit site
I'm curious to see what people think of my 1st line (ovechkin-lecavalier-jagr).

obviously ovechkin is a gamble, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that he could step in and do what heatley, kovalchuk, nash did... he was old for his draft year and he's had time to develop since then... also he'd be the 3rd defensive priority behind jagr and lecavalier... still, if he isn't ready yet, I have frolov.

this line wouldn't play much defense, there could be issues about who does the dirty work and about showing up to play every night, and they're all used to being the one holding the puck.

but IF things clicked I think they have enough size, skating, and raw offensive talent to dominate games.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Vinny tends to be inconsistent sometimes. Jagr is still good but not what he used to be. Ovechkin...i cant say anything about it. Its a good line anyway..

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
wolfen said:
I think he could wind up with a really good team.

he won't have big name wingers, but there are a lot of guys who could score enough goals playing with sundin or lang for them to win the cup.

that defense is scary.

No doubt he'll walk away with the best defense.

The problem is i can bet each team here is going to walk away with a good defense and they can be competitive. Its about the supporting cast too. Lets see what happens in the end.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
wolfen said:
I'm curious to see what people think of my 1st line (ovechkin-lecavalier-jagr).

obviously ovechkin is a gamble, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that he could step in and do what heatley, kovalchuk, nash did... he was old for his draft year and he's had time to develop since then... also he'd be the 3rd defensive priority behind jagr and lecavalier... still, if he isn't ready yet, I have frolov.

this line wouldn't play much defense, there could be issues about who does the dirty work and about showing up to play every night, and they're all used to being the one holding the puck.

but IF things clicked I think they have enough size, skating, and raw offensive talent to dominate games.
You took the words out of my mouth. You know what to do. ;)

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I think San Jose has chemistry problems: four left wingers and no right wingers? Trade a guy or two and let them play their natural position where they play best.

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
VanIslander said:
I think San Jose has chemistry problems: four left wingers and no right wingers? Trade a guy or two and let them play their natural position where they play best.
Yeah, I've been thinking about that. Though Shanahan and Havlat are right wingers even if they do shoot left.

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
BlueBleeder said:
Any thoughts on NJ?

Morrow - Richardson - ?????
Zherdev - Gomez - Hull
????? - Conroy - Fisher

Gonchar - Boynton

Luongo.
You mean Richards. ;) Anyway I think you have a good team. Goaltending and defense looks good so far. Forwards look good too. Just find a good top line RWer.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Calgary has a very good team, IMO.

Markus Naslund(C) - Brendan Morrison - Todd Bertuzzi
Guaranteed chemistry. This line IS one of the best without a doubt and has clicked long enough to be counted on in a long postseason.

I'm not sold on the second line but Draper is money as a third line center.

Liles hasn't looked good in the world championships but the ice surface is bigger, it's the offseason and he's young, so as long as he's bumped to the number 5 or 6 slot come playoff time, he could be effective (not as a Top3 in minutes type of guy in the postseason - not yet).

Redden is solid and a great partner to Aucoin. There needs to be a third top defenseman, especially playing in front of Raycroft, who may continue his early success, but who is certainly a question mark to get 16 wins.

Overall, Calgary is a contender if some judicious picks/trades occur. Nicely done. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad