Confirmed with Link: Lyubushkin traded to Leafs

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
That doesn't grant him the approval to use them at will. He needs to be even MORE CAREFUL with his hits.

It was the same GARBAGE excuse that allowed Chara to get away with the SHIT he did. If Chara had been a Leaf, he would have been given quite a few suspensions, and double the penalty minutes.

Can you imagine what Rempe would get away with as a Boston Bruin.
From refs not being allowed to ref again in the playoffs. This talk needs to stop in the playoffs because what will be will be and no1 likes a whinner. Which unfortunately is up to our management which they more or less have done and do do. However talking about it over and over won't do to much way to much to unpack. Someone should really just make a list however long and if someone feels the need to say something. Just copy paste the list with the examples anything remotely close to borderline excluded as you don't want it to be debatable even reasonable well. I don't think anyone has really just looked at proof if it's all out there and said there you go. And only then will you really know if it's circumstantial or not. I don't believe a list has been done. Either way the more people just hear random ramblings yes like this. You will create more disinterest if anything. Every team wants an edge.
This is a time you need 75 percent of other teams fans in agreement. While carrying like 95 percent of your own teams fans behind it.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
That doesn't grant him the approval to use them at will. He needs to be even MORE CAREFUL with his hits.

It was the same GARBAGE excuse that allowed Chara to get away with the SHIT he did. If Chara had been a Leaf, he would have been given quite a few suspensions, and double the penalty minutes.

Can you imagine what Rempe would get away with as a Boston Bruin.
I agree with you; just a quick jab at the mountain of a man size Rempe has.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
This looks 100x more dangerous than what Rielly did

Agreed and I just don't get why the hockey media isn't clamoring about supplemental discipline They wouldn't shut up about Morgan Reilly's little dustup and aside from spectacle, Greig's health and safety was never really threatened. Had there been more time left in the game, he wouldn't have missed a shift. What Rempe did is the kind of thing that could easily concuss a player, possibly shorten a career and have a lasting impact on a person. Wicked dangerous and suspending this young guy now would send a proper message to him and all wannabe headhunters.

But aside from outraged Leaf fans, crickets

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I’m afraid that you actually believe any of that is legal.
And I agree about the charge.

Who said anything about legal. They have the right to bring together the board of governors and evidence that the Leafs are not treated equally. Demand Parros is fired or what have you.

You dont know how that works i guess. They have called together the board and made mid season changes to rules in the past etc.

The league operates and functions on good faith. If the Leafs can prove the league is not operating in good faith, things can break down.

Reactions: Al14

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Keefe says he’s playing tonight
Russian Machine never break...but if break it break only a little

giphy.gif

Reactions: rumman

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Agreed and I just don't get why the hockey media isn't clamoring about supplemental discipline They wouldn't shut up about Morgan Reilly's little dustup and aside from spectacle, Greig's health and safety was never really threatened. Had there been more time left in the game, he wouldn't have missed a shift. What Rempe did is the kind of thing that could easily concuss a player, possibly shorten a career and have a lasting impact on a person. Wicked dangerous and suspending this young guy now would send a proper message to him and all wannabe headhunters.

But aside from outraged Leaf fans, crickets

To be fair, Rempe's hit, while obviously dangerous, was very close to a normal, and desired, part of the active game. It's a hockey play.

Yes, guys hack at each other every whistle, but it's not technically "part of the game".

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
If I were the Leafs I would call for an emergency board of governors meeting. Start to threaten to take action because there is enough clear evidence to demonstrate the Leafs are being targeted in multiple respects. Penalties Suspensions etc we lead the pack.

Non calls on plays with intent to injure as well. Playing the Leafs is becoming a license to kill, scream in your tenders face etc etc. It Doesn't end.
It is absolutely insane that the Leafs are one of the least penalized teams in the NHL but are second in suspension time during Parros' reign, and the only reason they aren't first is Tom Wilson...

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
To be fair, Rempe's hit, while obviously dangerous, was very close to a normal, and desired, part of the active game. It's a hockey play.

Yes, guys hack at each other every whistle, but it's not technically "part of the game".
The way that I interpret the rules is when you take more than 3 strides and left your feet it’s not a normal or legal hit. Plus the fact that the majority of the contact was made on Lybushkins head makes me believe that the hit wasn’t anywhere close to legal. We all have the right to are own opinions and I’m not saying yours is wrong but this is how I feel about it. Marchments hit in McCabe and this hit on Lybushkin were every bit as dirty as what Reilly did, or worse

Reactions: OddyOh and Al14

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
From refs not being allowed to ref again in the playoffs. This talk needs to stop in the playoffs because what will be will be and no1 likes a whinner. Which unfortunately is up to our management which they more or less have done and do do. However talking about it over and over won't do to much way to much to unpack. Someone should really just make a list however long and if someone feels the need to say something. Just copy paste the list with the examples anything remotely close to borderline excluded as you don't want it to be debatable even reasonable well. I don't think anyone has really just looked at proof if it's all out there and said there you go. And only then will you really know if it's circumstantial or not. I don't believe a list has been done. Either way the more people just hear random ramblings yes like this. You will create more disinterest if anything. Every team wants an edge.
This is a time you need 75 percent of other teams fans in agreement. While carrying like 95 percent of your own teams fans behind it.
The Leafs were well aware of ref rigging. It was obvious. Despite anal ytics they could see the obvious yet did nothing. Only Pejorative Slurs who deny the obvious can run the Leafs. The Leafs will lose due to one ref. Game 7 again. They never get tired of losing.

Reactions: Al14 and thewave

horner

May 22, 2007

It was a charge them he left his feet to hot

It was a charge took a running start from half way across the ice then to get more impact Jr left his Feet

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
If they added Walker or even Carrier who moves?

Reilly Boosh
Benoit McCabe
Brodie Lilly
Gio
Brodie 'should' be the player moved... his cap space is more valuable than his play if a decent RD is coming in (not another Lub caliber player though).

then its
Reilly - Boosh
McCabe - mobile RD
Benoit - Lilly
Gio as depth
I'd want the mobile RD with McCabe to keep him out of the Rush, as soon as he starts pinching, he loses his game (like last years playoffs, when he was getting out of position looking for a big hit, or trying to create offense)

except it wasnt ...he did 2 things that made it an illegal check.
1st, he started his run from the other side of the ice
2nd, he left his feet to make a greater impact
(as if a 6'8" player needs to jump up to hit anyone, unless he was trying to hip check his head)
Nobody 'desires' a charge, or a player jumping into a hit

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Shit, he's not talking to Van Ryn is he?
Looks like Sammy is chatting with him too. Not all-important but I gather it’s nice having a fellow Russian speaker on the team. Hopefully they don’t rush him back but it looks like it wasn’t a major injury if he’s in a regular jersey skating. I’d be like the coyote peeling myself off the bottom of a canyon in a Roadrunner cartoon.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
The way that I interpret the rules is when you take more than 3 strides and left your feet it’s not a normal or legal hit. Plus the fact that the majority of the contact was made on Lybushkins head makes me believe that the hit wasn’t anywhere close to legal. We all have the right to are own opinions and I’m not saying yours is wrong but this is how I feel about it. Marchments hit in McCabe and this hit on Lybushkin were every bit as dirty as what Reilly did, or worse

You are correct, that the general rule is 3 strides.... but there is tolerance for how much "gliding" one does before the hit, and Rempe did glide a bit before hitting him.

As for leaving his feet, a lot of times the contact is what causes somebody to leave their feet, which isn't illegal. It's only illegal to leave your feet if done before contact. I'm not sure there's any clear angle which shows rempe off his feet prior to contact.

I wasn't trying to make a statement on "how dirty the two were"... simply that cross-checking a guy after he's scored a goal isn't "part of the game" whether it's in the arm, back, chest, or face. Body checking a guy is, and you'd be down to the fractions of inches of the game to determine whether rempe's hit was illegal.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Brodie 'should' be the player moved... his cap space is more valuable than his play if a decent RD is coming in (not another Lub caliber player though).

then its
Reilly - Boosh
McCabe - mobile RD
Benoit - Lilly
Gio as depth
I'd want the mobile RD with McCabe to keep him out of the Rush, as soon as he starts pinching, he loses his game (like last years playoffs, when he was getting out of position looking for a big hit, or trying to create offense)

except it wasnt ...he did 2 things that made it an illegal check.
1st, he started his run from the other side of the ice
2nd, he left his feet to make a greater impact
(as if a 6'8" player needs to jump up to hit anyone, unless he was trying to hip check his head)
Nobody 'desires' a charge, or a player jumping into a hit

Rempe began infront of Samsonov. He took 4 strides (when 3 is the generally accepted) and glided a bit. Was it "enough" gliding? probably not, but we're getting itno the micro-fractions of the game at that point.

As for "leaving his feet".... it's important to remember that leavign your feet is only against the rules if it's prior to contact. To me, it seems that he came off his feet as he was "going ontop of" Lyubiushkin who was a little huched over.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
You are correct, that the general rule is 3 strides.... but there is tolerance for how much "gliding" one does before the hit, and Rempe did glide a bit before hitting him.

As for leaving his feet, a lot of times the contact is what causes somebody to leave their feet, which isn't illegal. It's only illegal to leave your feet if done before contact. I'm not sure there's any clear angle which shows rempe off his feet prior to contact.

I wasn't trying to make a statement on "how dirty the two were"... simply that cross-checking a guy after he's scored a goal isn't "part of the game" whether it's in the arm, back, chest, or face. Body checking a guy is, and you'd be down to the fractions of inches of the game to determine whether rempe's hit was illegal.
Jake Evans says hi from his stretcher in Mtl-Wpg game 1 in round 2 few years back.
There is no consistency and there is something to be said about Leafs players being targeted by dirty hits / roughing without protection from refs and then when they take matters into their own hands we have Kadri situation all over again.
So there is no good outcome for us.
In my mind if refs get the game slip out of hands, they should be suspended for a month and fined and dismissed after few occurrences because many of those bad games were direct result of their incompetence.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Lyubushkin had a good game.

Leafs should keep mining Anaheim for defensemen. Except go for the younger better ones. They could've had Drysdale if they were willing to pay the price.

That sure would've solved a lot of problems now wouldn't it?

No offense to Ilya Lyubushkin. But we all know what we got there. Lurch on skates.

With a head harder than Domi's.

I hope this guy continues to play well. Leafs really need someone to step up in the playoffs this year. History has proven we shouldn't expect it to be a member of the core.

If tonight's game was any indication Lyubushkin has a better chance of being a hero than any of them do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad