Confirmed with Link: Lyubushkin traded to Leafs

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
This looks 100x more dangerous than what Rielly did
It sure to hell was WAY MORE DANGEROUS than what Rielly did. And yet again, the NHL refereeing does exactly what they always do to our Leafs... ignore a blatant intent to injure event !!!

And once again, the NHL DoPS chooses to ignore it too.

You can be rest assured that if it were Reaves doing that blatant charge, and head contact, to a Rangers player, he would have gotten 5 and a game and a huge suspension.

I will continue to boycott the NHL by NOT PURCHASING any Leaf merchandise. My family and friends have been told not to get me any Leaf merchandise as well. This boycott started in 1993 after getting f***ed over by Fraser in the playoffs.

As well, I will continue to refuse Sens tickets even when they are offered to me FOR FREE !!!

Good clean hockey hit MY ASS !!!

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
It sure to hell was WAY MORE DANGEROUS than what Rielly did. And yet again, the NHL refereeing does exactly what they always do to our Leafs... ignore a blatant intent to injure event !!!

Reilly's hit wasn't even a hockey play. that's a suspension all day every day.

Reactions: rumman and ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Is anyone talking about this hit anymore other than Leaf fans?

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
i don't think it was a particularly dirty hit. The guy throwing the check is freakishly big. I think that is the biggest part in this.
Then why did he leave his feet to aim his elbow at Boosh's head? There are pics of this earlier in this thread.

I will continue to boycott the NHL by NOT PURCHASING any Leaf merchandise. My family and friends have been told not to get me any Leaf merchandise as well. This boycott started in 1993 after getting f***ed over by Fraser in the playoffs.

As well, I will continue to refuse Sens tickets even when they are offered to me FOR FREE !!!
Exactly. Not a f***ing nickle.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Reilly's hit wasn't even a hockey play. that's a suspension all day every day.
An attempt to injure event is NEVER a hockey play no matter when it happens during a game.

I have played and coached enough hockey to know the difference.

If Grieg had been seriously injured, then sure, 5 or more games would have been appropriate. With Rielly's clean record, he deserved a game or 2 at most !!!

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Then why did he leave his feet to aim his elbow at Boosh's head? There are pics of this earlier in this thread.

Exactly. Not a f***ing nickle.

Some fake sports league level stuff right there. If buddy were a Leaf they would have cited things like unreasonable force and being high danger play etc. It would have been a major on the ice too.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If I were the Leafs I would call for an emergency board of governors meeting. Start to threaten to take action because there is enough clear evidence to demonstrate the Leafs are being targeted in multiple respects. Penalties Suspensions etc we lead the pack.

Non calls on plays with intent to injure as well. Playing the Leafs is becoming a license to kill, scream in your tenders face etc etc. It Doesn't end.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
To be fair, Rempes elbows naturally rest where most guys heads are.
That doesn't grant him the approval to use them at will. He needs to be even MORE CAREFUL with his hits.

It was the same GARBAGE excuse that allowed Chara to get away with the SHIT he did. If Chara had been a Leaf, he would have been given quite a few suspensions, and double the penalty minutes.

Can you imagine what Rempe would get away with as a Boston Bruin.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
The Leafs could technically stop revenue sharing with a few other teams and break the league. What would happen if the Leafs built a case and sued the league? Stopped payment. Threatened to pull the team and logo? What if they said the league is corrupt and not in the same spirit as the original 7? What if they decided to form a new league or in partnership threatened to. What if Canadian teams sued them that the NHL should not be allowed to use the Stanley Cup?

The Leafs have immense power that they do not utilize for essentially the greater good. Used that term on purpose of course.

The first thing any of the above would trigger is the firing of Gary Bet99man.

BTW That was a charge with intent to injure
I’m afraid that you actually believe any of that is legal.
And I agree about the charge.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
where have you been he is already injured attacked by a charger
Then back from outter space. Hardly a wobble dudes tough as nails. Watch the hit he takes 1 knee no anthem his songs not over back into the play. The safety people watching can pull anyone out of the game at any time after a head shot. I believe anytime. But I'm not a hundo on that one.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Maple Leaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad