LW Vladimir Tkachyov - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2014 undrafted)

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
"Tkachyov is a shifty and highly skilled Russian forward that loves to generate offensive chances. He skates very well and generates good speed, has explosive acceleration and impressive lateral quickness makes him elusive with the puck. The tiny forward is a magician with his hands."

A new Martin St. Louis in the making? I guess Tampa are gonna wanna take this kid. Russian colony n all.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
How does he compare to similar sized Sergei Tolchinsky? Better, worse?

I would say Tolchinsky is more high tempo, moves super fast, lightning quick moves/hands, where as Tkachev is more passive, can slow the game down, shifty - relies on smart manipulative play. Don't know if that makes sense, I cant put my thoughts to paper.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
He's been an excellent addition in Moncton and has produced right off the get go. 2 goals and 2 assists in his first game , received the game's first star honors. He now has 4g , 10a , 14pts in 8 games.

His only real knock is size. Any guesses as to where he'll get drafted ?

Keke

Dec 6, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
He's been an excellent addition in Moncton and has produced right off the get go. 2 goals and 2 assists in his first game , received the game's first star honors. He now has 4g , 10a , 14pts in 8 games.

His only real knock is size. Any guesses as to where he'll get drafted ?

I had a prediction that he goes to Detroit in 2nd round. Still think that way. Early-mid 2nd round.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Regular season stats..

GP : 20
G: 10
A: 20
PTS: 30

This kid is very dynamic. Great skater with incredible playmaking ability and vision. Strong wrist shot with dead-on accuracy. He's small but very slippery. Extremely hard to defend against. Isn't afraid to go into the corners. Finishes checks and backchecks. Definitely has a lot of potential. Hopefully he has a growing spurt.

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
I saw him play last night against the Titan. The guy has a lot of skill, and has good vision. His goal was a one timer slapshot to the far-top corner. He did go into the corners but wasn't overly physical, but one of the drawbacks is that he was floating all game, never really played defense, yet neither were his line-mates.

He never really showed explosive speed like Drouin can manage. Maybe he was tired, but he looked slow out there.

Still, the guy has a great deal of skill, he's not ready for the next level yet, and has a lot of work to do.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Starting to see him in the late 1st/early 2nd range in some rankings. I don't think he goes in the 1st, but 35-45 seems very possible.

But I thought someone would take Tolchinsky and Juuso Ikonen last year.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Would just like to know why he is so lowly rated? 60th rated NA skater despite having one of the best skillsets in the entire draft. I know he is on the smaller side at 5'9 160 lbs but Fiala and Fabbri aren't the biggest guys either yet they're slated for the first round. Teams should realize they could get a Kucherov type situation if they draft him early, their career paths have been pretty similar actually.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Coming from someone who's watched him play a dozen times , I was surprised to see him ranked as high as he was. He has a ton of skill , no doubt about it but I'm sure there are a lot of people weary of how he'll adjust to the North American style game at the pro level. He's very small and not that physical. I also agree that he lacks defensive awareness. The small players ranked to go in the first round have more complete games. I wouldn't be shocked to see him slide into the late third or fourth rounds.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Vladimir Tkachyov Not Drafted

Really surprised this kid didn't get drafted. 30 Points in your first 20 QMJHL games is impressive. Only thing I can pinpoint as a weakness other than size was defense. Also, the fact that it was common knowledge that he and his agent manipulated clubs in Russia by threatening to go to NA probably didn't bode well for him. Still puzzled why a team didn't pick him up with a 7th rounder.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Really surprised this kid didn't get drafted. 30 Points in your first 20 QMJHL games is impressive. Only thing I can pinpoint as a weakness other than size was defense. Also, the fact that it was common knowledge that he and his agent manipulated clubs in Russia by threatening to go to NA probably didn't bode well for him. Still puzzled why a team didn't pick him up with a 7th rounder.

I agree,

I'm very puzzle by the fact that no one even took a tag on him with a late pick.
Look at Spencer Watson, he's a talented but small forward and got taken with one of the last pick in this draft.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I agree,

I'm very puzzle by the fact that no one even took a tag on him with a late pick.
Look at Spencer Watson, he's a talented but small forward and got taken with one of the last pick in this draft.

He's 5'10" and Canadian, not 5'8" and Russian

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
If he had played the whole year with the Wildcats I'm sure someone would have taken him. I see his size as the only real question mark.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
I would imagine he will get an offer to attend an NHL camp somewhere, however. Will be interesting to see who.

SweetyV

Apr 27, 2014
Really hope the Blues give this guy an invite. They have 3 former/current Wildcats in their system already. Make it 4!

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
Really hope the Blues give this guy an invite. They have 3 former/current Wildcats in their system already. Make it 4!

I am surprised they didn't invite him. Does anyone know if he was an invite anywhere?

The kid is probably going to be in the top 5 scoring in the Q next year.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
I was most impressed when I saw him at the Subway Super Series in Gatineau, I hope he gets an invite somewhere in the NHL but it wont be Montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad