LW Vladimir Tkachyov - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2014 undrafted)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He's the best player on SKA now, and it's a big question, could he make Rangers. Of course, there wasn't Panarin back to then, but Tkachev wasn't good enough too. I think, he wants to play at the Olympics and then come to NA. He'll be 27, but if he solves his consistency problem he can become as good as Gusev was. So finding a place in the NHL won't be a problem.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
He was due to join NYR on their training camp a couple of years back but he did not get his visa permit in time so he couldnt make the camp
He was young and barely 150 pounds at the time, also wasn't the same player he was today. I doubt he would've stayed this long for us to see his growth and development. Going to try again next offseason.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
He was young and barely 150 pounds at the time, also wasn't the same player he was today. I doubt he would've stayed this long for us to see his growth and development. Going to try again next offseason.

The story was back in 2017 and he wasn't much smaller than he is now, at least according to official measurements.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
NHL.com said:
Tkachyov has represented Russia at various international events, including the 2013 IIHF Under-18 World Junior Championship where he tied for second overall with 11 points (5-6=11) in seven games, trailing only Canada's Connor McDavid who had 14 points. His six assists tied for first in the tournament as Russia finished fourth after falling to Finland in the Bronze medal game.

There it is. LA is getting the next best thing to Connor McDavid.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Signed with Kings last year but this is the most recent post that comes up when I try searching for him.

Is his name spelled differently in the Kings' board?

It is spelled "Tkachev" on hockeydb but nothing comes up when I try that either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad