LW/RW Denis Gurianov (2015, 12th, DAL)

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I had him as a top 10 guy in 2015, ahead of Dylan strome. The speed and especially the shot. Glad he’s showing it.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I just dont understand how a team with serious scoring problems, embarrassing RW depth after Radulov, an abundance of gritty defensive forwards but no pure offensive threat outside of the big 3 havent called up the speedy, offensive RW who has 25 points in 21 AHL games... I get a proven RW would be ideal but Gurianov is legit the prospect version of the massive hole we have in the NHL right now

Reactions: Kcb12345

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I just dont understand how a team with serious scoring problems, embarrassing RW depth after Radulov, an abundance of gritty defensive forwards but no pure offensive threat outside of the big 3 havent called up the speedy, offensive RW who has 25 points in 21 AHL games... I get a proven RW would be ideal but Gurianov is legit the prospect version of the massive hole we have in the NHL right now

It’s infuriating that’s for sure. The team needs to ship someone off and make him an NHL regular. He looked good in his call up and in the AHL he looks dominant. I can think of a few guys I wouldn’t mind shipping out.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
When he was up the looked a bit nervous and tentative a sign he might not be 100% fully confident in himself for now . For some reason he didn't even really use his great shot. He had 1 shot in his NHL games that was counted and that was when Gleason hit his leg which went in . Not even really a shot. I would think he will be back at some point this year ( doubtful the forwards stay healthy the whole season ) especially now that Gemel Smith is no longer around and infront of him and he has to be ready to show more.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
When he was up the looked a bit nervous and tentative a sign he might not be 100% fully confident in himself for now . For some reason he didn't even really use his great shot. He had 1 shot in his NHL games that was counted and that was when Gleason hit his leg which went in . Not even really a shot. I would think he will be back at some point especially not that Gemel Smith is no longer around and he has to be ready to show more.

He never got a chance to get a shot off but as the games go on he would get more comfortable so I wouldn't be too concerned about that. That goal would've helped his confidence but he was sent down after that game lol.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
All the injuries are keeping him out right now. Dallas doesn't have the cap space to call him up and bench others. Someone 2m+ expensive has to go to make room for him if injuries don't force Nill's hand.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
9+19 after 23 games in the AHL. Not bad for a 21 year old.

Ridiculous that Nill won't make room up here for him. Especially on a team that needs all the help they can get when it comes to scoring, speed, and skill...

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Was just credited with his first NHL assist. Seguin's first goal against the Avs went off of Gurianov on the original shot before Seguin put the rebound in

So first goal off his knee and first assist off his leg or foot

2 points in 3 games this season :)

But seriously, he's gonna score a whole lot more if he plays the way he did last game

Reactions: StroShow

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
That rush against colorado was unreal. Something we havent seen in ages. We have speed in Seguin but he typically blows through in a straight line or creates his chances with his shot. Benn has the strength and he has taken 4 guys on because but its more like than incredible Hulk just mashing his way through bodies with the odd dangle. Having someone just straight up slice and dice a team like that is something we straight up dont have on the Stars at the moment and if Guri can bring that element it would be amazing

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
That rush against colorado was unreal. Something we havent seen in ages. We have speed in Seguin but he typically blows through in a straight line or creates his chances with his shot. Benn has the strength and he has taken 4 guys on because but its more like than incredible Hulk just mashing his way through bodies with the odd dangle. Having someone just straight up slice and dice a team like that is something we straight up dont have on the Stars at the moment and if Guri can bring that element it would be amazing

He's got super speed, great hands, a great shot, and is a pretty big guy (6'3 205) to go along with it and is really using his size well this season (in the AHL mostly of course, but in the NHL too). He certainly has the "toolbox" to be a huge player. God I hope it works out. Even Chris Kreider's level would be good

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
If he keeps this up, maybe people stop crapping on Dallas for picking him Before Barzal and Connor (well I Think Dallas still would love Barzal to center behind Seguin)

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad