LW/RW Denis Gurianov (2015, 12th, DAL)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Hopefully they actually play him rather than placing him on the 4th line.

Considering the absurd turnover we've had on the second line, he absolutely should get a chance there. Maybe not in his first game, but at some point.

Reactions: Tryamkin

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
He’s earned it. Very consistent all season long which he’s struggled with in the past. Huge chance to prove he is NHL ready.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
What I’d like to see. Get the Russian younster line going.

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Nichushkin - Spezza - Gurianov
Janmark - Faksa - Pitlick
Shore - Dickinson - Comeau

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hopefully they actually play him rather than placing him on the 4th line.

They've tried everyone on that top line and nothing has worked. Nichushkin looked good yesterday but they still got nothing done so maybe Gurianov will get his look. They have to wake Seguin up. Problem is, Spezza needs a goal scorer on his line too so my guess is that's where he is most likely to start unless they wanna reunite the Nichushkin-Spezza-Radulov line that has been good before (if Radulov is healthy, which I'm not so sure he will be)

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
God I would love nothing more for him to come up and be good enough to stick with the big club. Any amount of NHL play would really lessen the sting of not taking Barzal or Connor

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Will definitely be getting a chance tonight. Will have 2nd PP unit time and spend the game on a line with Benn and Spezza.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Im impressed with his will to always go to the net, 1 "dirty" goal and 1 hard worked assist.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Here's his goal from today. Right off his knee and in! Hasn't gotten any chances to use his shot just yet so I'm sure he will happily take this one

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Denis skillset is clearly best utilized by playing him top6 minutes . Will be interesting how things shake up when Radulov comes back. Someone would have to slide down . Either him Shore or Nichuskin who all played well so far.

I'd probably play Shore on the third line. He's been effective and productive there as well and keep the Russian wingers playing Top 6 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Denis skillset is clearly best utilized by playing him top6 minutes . Will be interesting how things shake up when Radulov comes back. Someone would have to slide down . Either him Shore or Nichuskin who all played well so far.

I'd probably play Shore on the third line. He's been effective and productive there as well and keep the Russian wingers playing Top 6 minutes.

I agree. If Nichushkin keeps his play up then that's quite a few good playmakers in our top 6 that could feed Gurianov the puck. For the first time in a while we may be looking at 2 very good top lines.

This is what I wanna see:

Benn-Seguin-Nichushkin/Radulov
Gurianov-Spezza-Nichushkin/Radulov
Shore-Dickinson-Pitlick/Smith
Comeau-Faksa-Pitlick/Smith

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Gurianov get the rosterspot Hintz earned himself to start the season . With all the injuries the team is currently doing some major rosterjuggling but Denis looks like he belongs in the NHL and on one of the top two lines at that.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Only explanation I can think of is Radulov is coming back.

EDIT: As I’m typing this, Sean confirms. Makes a bit more sense now.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Only explanation I can think of is Radulov is coming back.

EDIT: As I’m typing this, Sean confirms. Makes a bit more sense now.

I think Shore playing so well right now hurt Gurianov's chances of staying. If they have him up they clearly want him in a top 6 role rather than taking Ritchie's spot on the 4th line. But with Shore and Nichushkin both playing so well theres just no room. Maybe it's the right decision, but I'm not a fan of it

Gurianov get the rosterspot Hintz earned himself to start the season . With all the injuries the team is currently doing some major rosterjuggling but Denis looks like he belongs in the NHL and on one of the top two lines at that.

Why do I ever comment on anything?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Additionally, Gurianov did look good, but he produced very little. In two games, he had no real shots (the only one that counted is the goal which, honestly, was more of a fluke than anything). He passed the eye test but not with flying colors, and I don't think we're a particularly worse team without him.

With Radulov returning, it's either him in a bottom 6 role that doesn't fit his game, or him going back to dominating the AHL. Easy choice there. Benn and Radulov are clear locks for the top 6, Nichushkin is finally earning his spot there, and Shore is definitely earning the last spot too. Gurianov didn't outplay any of those four, plain and simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad