LW/RW Denis Gurianov (2015, 12th, DAL)

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
I'm actually think that Denis is more physical and a better forechecker.
Not sure about the speedy part.

Agreed. Guryanov maybe isn't the most versatile player of the world, but at least he isn't one trick pony like Nichushkin was at the same age. And for me Guryanov is better overall skater, maybe even faster than Nich. His low IQ is only thing I'm really worring about. But I believe he still will be an effective player at NHL level, something like perennial 45-55 pts winger.
BTW he was truly dominant today against USA, real gamebreaker. I like the way he plays when it matters the most.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Man... that snapshot off the post in the 3rd where Guryanov was barreling down the wing and just let it rip... what an incredible release. Reminded me of Semin. Didn't realize he had that in his shooting arsenal.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
IRC when he was drafted his shot was supposedly his best asset and touted as the best of anyone in his draft . The few things a got to see from him in the AHL there wasn't too much of it on display but good to see its still there.

Great finish to the tournament after a somewhat lackluster group phase . Now back to the AHL to build on it. If Dallas has to sell off some players at the deadline he might even be able get the chance for a call up to the big club.

Even if not with so many wingers/forwards expiring on Dallas i would think there's a decent chance he can make the NHL team next year if he can continue his progress.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
IRC when he was drafted his shot was supposedly his best asset and touted as the best of anyone in his draft . The few things a got to see from him in the AHL there wasn't too much of it on display but good to see its still there.

Great finish to the tournament after a somewhat lackluster group phase . Now back to the AHL to build on it. If Dallas has to sell off some players at the deadline he might even be able get the chance for a call up to the big club.

Even if not with so many wingers/forwards expiring on Dallas i would think there's a decent chance he can make the NHL team next year if he can continue his progress.

I think Button at the draft said he was one of the better shots and one of the top skaters after McDavid. Mind you that was button so depending on how you see him that could mean everything or nothing.

As for him in Dallas I hope he makes it next year and entices Nuke to come back. I think a similar aged russian could do wonders for Nuke. They can have the Russian version of the bromance Benn and Seguin have

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't know about those two playing together though . Both are purely wingers and you rarely attach two wingers together .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Opponents really need to be careful when Denis comes to forecheck thats like the fourth or fifth time i see him scoring directly off takeaways + some scoring chances he missed.

The way Dallas is going once we sell off some vets he might get some games in this year with the big club.

Last edited:

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Denis Guryanov

Saw him at the Juniors and boy was he impressive. The speed, hands, shot and size makes for quite a combo. Kid looks for real. They mentioned this a lot during the WJC, Dave Starman said it a lot on commentary but he kind of looks like he could be a Chris Kreider type. I easily see him potting 30 goals a year. Shot is too good, size and speed makes him an impressive talent. Anybody else see it?

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Saw him at the Juniors and boy was he impressive. The speed, hands, shot and size makes for quite a combo. Kid looks for real. They mentioned this a lot during the WJC, Dave Starman said it a lot on commentary but he kind of looks like he could be a Chris Kreider type. I easily see him potting 30 goals a year. Shot is too good, size and speed makes him an impressive talent. Anybody else see it?

Yeah i can see that comparison. His shot is nasty, reminds me abit of Semins shot. Hes really good at creating turnovers

Who knows how he'll do in the NHL, but I'm alot happy with this pick now then i was at the time

mc3488

Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Tx
I've watched a lot of Texas stars games and am really impressed with his all around game. He's no defensive stud but he backchecks and trys hard, and isn't afraid to finish his checks either.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Looks like WJC really helped him gain more confidence. Looking better and better.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Expected a bit more from him but he is still a young prospect in a mens league I guess.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Called up today! :handclap:

Interested to see how he performs in his short stint.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Why? to reward him or to give him motivation for this summer/next season?

Why not? To provide him nhl experience with nhl calibre linemates. Stars are not going to the playoffs so no pressure either.

All valuable experience. He has skill.

ColeJ

Nov 4, 2007
Waxahachie, Texas
stars do this every year we miss anyway.

remember when they let scott glennie play a game? it's sort of a "sorry we suck, everyone... but here's some prospects we like... so you'll show up to the finale."

i love it, personally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad