LW/RW Denis Gurianov (2015, 12th, DAL)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I know earlier he played fourth line with some questionable linemates not sure how its now but likely he worked himself a bit up in the lineup. Texas has quite a few players called up in the NHL right now so there's some opportunity.

KarIgo87

Rider on the Storm
May 22, 2015
Moscow
5 points in his last 5 games. I guess he worked himself up on the depth chart. Hopefully, he keeps this up.

Hopefully, those from U20 coaching staff who should follow Guryanov will inform Bragin about his progress. I guess our coach has a bias already against Denis and it would be hard for him to change Bragin's mind. Especially after the Superseries where it looks like he's made up his mind about almost every forward's line with maybe 2-3 questionable spots. He'll have his chances at the pre-tournament camp I guess.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Guryanov still has a IIHF suspension to serve, right?

I imagine that may hurt his chances a little too, unfortunately. I know his stupidity already turned Bragin against him last year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Really starting to heat up has a goal and an assist tonight already. Just ( unsuprisingly ) needed some time to adjust.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Ive watched a bunch of Texas games this year and I really liked his progression. When he started he looked like he was just floating, kinda looked lost on offence and useless on D. Then he started to figure out the structure of the game and was actually positioning himself in reasonable positions both on offence and defence.

Since he has figured it out positionally he has been on the of the most productive forwards for Texas. On top of him paying smarter, watching him skate is great. He is large and he moves fast. Seeing him blow down the line is really exciting.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I was expecting more game-breaking plays from him, like he presented at the U18s. Maybe he has found more "structure" to his game from playing in the AHL, but to me, a little disappointed thus far. Just want to see him pick up the puck and go with it, like he used to be able to do.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was expecting more game-breaking plays from him, like he presented at the U18s. Maybe he has found more "structure" to his game from playing in the AHL, but to me, a little disappointed thus far. Just want to see him pick up the puck and go with it, like he used to be able to do.

Yeah, same. He doesn't look bad, you'd just expect a little more from the 12th pick in the 2015 draft.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He was great today. Shootout also seems to be a strong suit . IRC he had a pre-season shootout winner with Dallas before he was send to Texas.

Now lets hope he can build on this and his good play with Texas prior to the tournament.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I'm worried that Guryanov, or another player, might one day separate a shoulder jumping so vigorously into the boards. Do any other posters agree that such vigorous thrusting could potentially pose an issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Have to agree with kp61c here. I'm worried about his hockey IQ, or the lack thereof rather. His tools are amazing, but I'm not sure if he's a smart enough player to become a successful NHLer. I had him highly rated in his draft year but I had a very small sample size on him, now that I've seen more of him I'm not at all as high on him as I was then. Definitely think there's a big risk of him busting completely. I hope I'm wrong.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Have to agree with kp61c here. I'm worried about his hockey IQ, or the lack thereof rather. His tools are amazing, but I'm not sure if he's a smart enough player to become a successful NHLer. I had him highly rated in his draft year but I had a very small sample size on him, now that I've seen more of him I'm not at all as high on him as I was then. Definitely think there's a big risk of him busting completely. I hope I'm wrong.

For what it's worth as some one who watches a decent amount of Texas games he has gotten better.

To start the year I couldn't figure out what he was trying do on offense or D. He was everywhere he shouldn't be and rarely where he should have been. I was very worried because his start and his KHL experience last year. About a month in it just seemed to start to click (where to be on the ice that is) not sure what changed but he looked so much more structured. Started having pucks boucle to him not because he was lucky but because he was starting to go where he needed to be.

I'm still worried because the IQ is a ways behind the speed and shot but his time in the AHL look promising

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00