LW Patrik Laine - Tappara, Liiga (2016, 2nd, WPG) XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I wanted Laine to go 2nd overall, even if he's in my opinion going to be the best player of the draft. Really, as you guys no longer have anything to do with him, why are you still here? Just go enjoy your prospect and leave the Jets' prospect alone.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
My guess is that they actually wanted Laine. Considering that they had Dubois ranked at #3

Of course they did. They weren't going to trade down in case Laine was still there, but it bit them in the end. When the draft went as expected, they likely would have loved to trade down one but Edmonton called their bluff and held firm.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I wanted Laine to go 2nd overall, even if he's in my opinion going to be the best player of the draft. Really, as you guys no longer have anything to do with him, why are you still here? Just go enjoy your prospect and leave the Jets' prospect alone.

Because it is a hockey discussion forum and he is a great player. If you want this to be a Laine circle jerk, that probably won't happen, just like it won't for Matthews or Crosby or Ovi or Kane or any other big name player.

Stop being so sensitive, it's unbecoming

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Laine and the Jets face Aho and the Canes in their game one
of the 2016-2017 season,should be interesting.

Finn Vamped Carolina @ Laine Back Winnpeg October 12th 2016

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Going to be really fun seeing him with a talented young Jets team. Connor may or may not make the team next year also.

Scheifele and Little as Centers. Should give Laine a good chance to succeed on the wing if he gets top 6 mins. This was a great and obvious pick for the Jets. A no brainer.

JA

Patrik+Laine+2016+NHL+Draft+Round+One+DQoVfMOax5yx.jpg

Patrik+Laine+2016+NHL+Draft+Round+One+zJiyt7yVVZox.jpg

Patrik+Laine+2016+NHL+Draft+Round+One+t7TURTzdlTJx.jpg

Patrik+Laine+2016+NHL+Draft+Round+One+F2zFpSkaj1fx.jpg

Patrik+Laine+2016+NHL+Draft+Round+One+_rOdGOXscbHx.jpg

Patrik+Laine+2016+NHL+Draft+Round+One+JnaeG80pZ62x.jpg

Patrik+Laine+2016+NHL+Draft+Portraits+cDbO3GEJR_-x.jpg

Patrik+Laine+2016+NHL+Draft+Portraits+pzNnQer6S6ax.jpg

Patrik+Laine+2016+NHL+Draft+Portraits+ymYKK6V_uj2x.jpg

Patrik+Laine+2016+NHL+Draft+Portraits+m-0w4ejSNuTx.jpg

Patrik+Laine+2016+NHL+Draft+Portraits+EhQT_FL2vV1x.jpg

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Sky's the limit for Laine. Huge. Skilled. Intense. I think he could be a monster.

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
So happy about this pick. Besides his talent he comes from my heritage.

We have had a lot of luck with Finns and they always seem to be good all around people

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Now that the draft has happened, the heat has died down in this thread. Guess everyone has decided to go back to their corners. That's good.

Still super stoked for this pick. Either Matthews or Laine are super huge pieces for any core, and both fanbases should be beyond thrilled to pick either of these two. Looking forward to seeing Laine on Little's wing before the season's end.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Now that the draft has happened, the heat has died down in this thread. Guess everyone has decided to go back to their corners. That's good.

Still super stoked for this pick. Either Matthews or Laine are super huge pieces for any core, and both fanbases should be beyond thrilled to pick either of these two. Looking forward to seeing Laine on Little's wing before the season's end.

I hope I get to see him play with Shelf life and Ehlers. I think Laine and Ehlers will make for a very exciting combo

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I hope I get to see him play with Shelf life and Ehlers. I think Laine and Ehlers will make for a very exciting combo

While that line does have potential, I'd rather stick Laine on Little's wing, as he's the more experienced NHL player and can probably help carry Laine through his eventual growing pains. Laine will start down on the 3rd line with Perreault, though. Man, those two will create some havoc. Not sure who I want to put on their other wing, though.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Dev Camp next week.

Is Laine's knee ok now to join?

He was skating in somekind of draft event for kids. Puljujärvi did not skate in that event because he had just surgery. I think there is chance he will be OK for dev camp but there is possibility that he isn't. Will most likely be there even if he can't skate.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I'm still so stoked (and hungover). I guess this means it's going to be a tough year ahead. I can't imagine anything that would prevent me from watching Laine's first NHL game and other games as well next year. The Jets are the perfect team for this guy with already looking like a contender.

Puljujärvi falling for the Oilers just made this draft almost perfect. Couldn't care less about their draft numbers. The teams are far more important.

So many interesting kids to look forward to next season: Laine, Puljujärvi, Rantanen, Aho. Along with Barkov, Ristolainen, Määttä, Teräväinen and other young stars. There just hasn't ever been as exciting season to look forward to from a Finnish point of view.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Jets fans be excited. But please let this kid develop. In 2 or 3 years I believe he will show he was the best player in this draft. Just let him develop on his own timeframe. 20-25 goals in his first season would be on par with other top 2 picks in their draft rookie years. Laine fits the bill. Let him grow and you guys will have an unbelievable player in no time soon. A reminder what you are getting here with just some of his accomplishments this year.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-13%20at%2010.19.25%20PM_zpsbwtac6yb.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-16%20at%208.44.47%20AM_zpsiuyojzc0.png

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
While that line does have potential, I'd rather stick Laine on Little's wing, as he's the more experienced NHL player and can probably help carry Laine through his eventual growing pains. Laine will start down on the 3rd line with Perreault, though. Man, those two will create some havoc. Not sure who I want to put on their other wing, though.

Laine will start the season on the third line with Perreault? whut

So then Connor will be playing LW on both the top 2 line in your opinion? The Jets LW depth goes Laine, Perreault, Connor. They aren't going to play 2 of their 3 LWs on the third line :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad