LW Patrik Laine - Tappara, Liiga (2016, 2nd, WPG) XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
This is actually what i've heard as well. Kekalainen is waiting if Puljujarvi will be available and takes him but if it's Laine he will likely trade the pick.

Where did you hear that? Not that it would be impossible, some people simply don't like some other people. But Kekäläinen is a professional, and he is not ignorant when it comes to Finnish hockey. So not gonna happen. You just can't miss that kind of goal scorer.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well Kekäläinen would have to be pretty good at lying considering how much he was pumping Laine's tires as a Finnish TV analyst

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Generational seems to be the new buzzword ever since the Laine hype took over. Now accolades are generational?

Literally they are "never seen in the history of a hockey for an U18 player", some of them, that to say.

So that's actually more than generational (== once per generation).

And the "generational hype" part was obvious joke. At least should have been for anyone. Take it easy, JC, Pulju will make it into TOP-3 at least.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Literally they are "never seen in the history of a hockey for an U18 player", some of them, that to say.

So that's actually more than generational (== once per generation).

And the "generational hype" part was obvious joke. At least should have been for anyone. Take it easy, JC, Pulju will make it into TOP-3 at least.

Pulju should drop to 11 if it was up to me.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
That was hilarious, and just look at who was spreading that gem of the tweets. :handclap:

Toronto Maple Leafs reporter. They are feeling the pressure, and being so insecure it makes me almost feel bad for them.

He also tweeted:

I spoke with a very well respected international scout. From Finland. He said the best player in the #NHLdraft is ..... Jesse Puljujarvi

He didn't even blink or think twice when he said Puljujarvi. #NHLDraft. He wasn't joking.

So now he's biased against Matthews as well, the likely Toronto pick?

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
He also tweeted:

So now he's biased against Matthews as well?

Whoa, fortunately that was not common knowledge before. Just think about that truckload of s h i t that Pulju had gotten from Toronto fans / AM supporters, if Jesse were a commonly known contender for #1.

You know, you haven't to do anything but just say that you think Laine is BPA and should be picked #1 to get everyone from Toronto and their mothers to tell you that "Laine can't even skate" and "AM is BPA AINEC", like if someone was caring about their opinions.

I have no problem with anyone suggesting anyone to be BPA of this draft. No problem at all.

Pulju is for me a really hard to predict as a prospect. He might end up as the greatest Finnish player ever seen. Or then he ends up as a 4th liner. Very hart to tell. I wish him all the best, and I am quite confident that he will do reasonably well.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Yeah, quoting doesn't work. And about anything doesn't work.

I absolutely loved the smile on Chevy's face. Amazing that basically the best possible team picked Laine!

Ultimately, I hope this crap storm against Laine is now completely over.

(Oh, what a surprise by CBJ!)

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Welcome to the Winnipeg Jets Patrick Laine!!!

Awesome top 6 the JETS will have!!!

If you and Kyle Connor produces 50 goals between you two this year. Jets should make the Playoffs. With Hellybuyck in net and Schiefele/Wheeler and Buff/Little leading the way

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Congrats Jets fans. He is going to be one heck of a player.

Looking forward to following him for the next decade. Elite skill and personality.

Interesting quote from Chevy, he said he knew who he wanted when The Jets moved up to #2 at the draft lottery. So much for that 3rd overall stuff from yesterday.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Absolutely love this pick!

Laine is going to be a beauty. Laine is perfect for the team and the market.

Can't wait for Development Camp.

Messi

Dec 31, 2015
Have to say. The next one first round Tappara is going to be Kasper Simontaival (2002)

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
Have to say. The next one first round Tappara is going to be Kasper Simontaival (2002)

I think you missed Patrik Puistola(2001) whos going to Be top5 pick.

But yeah Tappara is pretty awesome at developing icehockey players.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
We know Jets were Getting Patrick Laine.

But having him in a Jets jersey is something else.
Ceiling is sky is the limit with this kid.
With his attitude with wanting to be one of the best, he got tweeted already by both Wheeler and Scheifele.

Jets top 6 is looking good.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Whoa, fortunately that was not common knowledge before. Just think about that truckload of s h i t that Pulju had gotten from Toronto fans / AM supporters, if Jesse were a commonly known contender for #1.

You know, you haven't to do anything but just say that you think Laine is BPA and should be picked #1 to get everyone from Toronto and their mothers to tell you that "Laine can't even skate" and "AM is BPA AINEC", like if someone was caring about their opinions.

I have no problem with anyone suggesting anyone to be BPA of this draft. No problem at all.

Pulju is for me a really hard to predict as a prospect. He might end up as the greatest Finnish player ever seen. Or then he ends up as a 4th liner. Very hart to tell. I wish him all the best, and I am quite confident that he will do reasonably well.

I don't get this. The leafs and fans just a wanted the BPA. We don't care where he comes from or which position he plays, just be the best. It's VERY clear what the Leafs thought. Seems to be posters like yourself that have a hard time accepting that someone is better than the guy they want to go 1st overall.

You had a horse in the race, I did not. I just got the prize at the end no matter who won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad