LW Michael Dal Colle (2014, 5th, NYI)

PantherStriker

Jul 31, 2010
From what I saw of Dal Colle in the dozen or so Generals games last year, Im not too sure how I feel about him. He was a quiet but effective player. After a few games on the new Gennies team I'm sure we will have a better idea. Top 15 for sure though

ZeroPT*

I've only seen him a couple times, however I'm really high on him I think his name will pop-up more and more post Ivan Hlinka, especially if he gets top minutes, I'd say at this point he could be that guy who sneeks in to the top 10. I love him though, Top 5 in my book.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He's a really good player. Watched him quite a bit this year, I see him easily going top 10, maybe even top 5, but it will be interesting to see how he does next year, as Brock mentioned above, the Generals are losing most of their top talent, so Dal Colle is going to be relied heavily on for generating a good deal of Oshawa's offense.

In the NHL, he's got all the tools to be a first line player. Whoever drafts him next year will be getting one hell of a player who can be a leader on the team and play in all situations. It's gonna be a great draft for the OHL next year (Ekblad, Dal Colle, Ritchie, Clarke, Goldoin, McKeown, McCann, Ho-Sang, Mistele, Middleton, DeAngelo, etc...)

Could be a possible top 10 talent for sure. The OHL is absolutely loaded this coming year with potential top picks.

He's a budding power forward who is already a complete player.

There are a couple of interesting things that we'll have to follow next year...

1) Does he return to his natural position of center after playing the wing as a rookie? The Generals could be losing both Boone Jenner and Scott Laughton next year (if Laughton cracks the NHL full time), which would create that opening for him to return to center. However, the Generals will also be incredibly weak on the wings with Lessio, Biggs, and Sabourin gone. Tough call for Oshawa.

2) Just how good can Oshawa be? They will be losing a LOT of talent off their roster and probably won't be half as good as they were last year. This is especially true if they lose Laughton too. Can Dal Colle step up and be that guy who leads Oshawa to a playoff spot despite a lackluster roster?

Why doesn't MATT MISTELE get more hype?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Why doesn't MATT MISTELE get more hype?

I think that's a good question. Probably because of all the top end talent available from the OHL next year. He's sort of being pushed to the back burner even though he's got a great shot of being a first round selection IMO.

Typical Plymouth Whaler (Mike Vellucci) forward. Power winger who plays the game hard, but who also has enough skill to create and finish off plays. He's a pretty similar player to his teammate Stefan Noesen IMO.

PantherStriker

Jul 31, 2010
Off to a hot start, 4g 3a in 2 games.

Definitely did not expect that. Should be interesting to see how his game develops when Laughton gets sent back to the Gennies :sarcasm: Really cool to think that a General could lead the OHL this year

DayTripper

Jul 9, 2013
DPR of HF
I could see Dal Colle rising a bit by the time the draft rolls around. He's fairly young (June birthday) and has great hockey sense. He made Josh Ho-Sang look like a fool in the season opener when Ho-Sang overhandled the puck (as usual) and Dal Colle stole it from him, eventually leading to a goal.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Is he playing center or left wing to start off the season?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

SH15

May 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
I see MDC as more of a player who will go around you rather than through you. His hands are phenomenal and his offensive talent is not rivaled by many in this upcoming draft.

I'd lean more towards a smooth Daniel Sedin style rather than a Blake Wheeler. And yes, I know that's a huge name to compare him to.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
I see Dany Heatley in him. Maybe it's his physique and stride plus trigger. His hands are on another level - almost Datsyuk-ish. He doesn't have as much pure dangle, but the same hand strength and reliability with the puck both through traffic and in pursuit.

butter sheep*

Is he playing center or left wing to start off the season?
This is a good question. One game hes on the wing on Laughtons line the next hes centering the second line. I still don't know if hes a C or a LW. He has good size and this year I'm starting to see he has a lot more confidence with the puck than he did last year. This is going to be a big year for Dal Colle watch.

SH15

May 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
Five assists tonight!

And it should have been 6. Horrible scoring error on the Gens 4th goal. On the PP, he passes it to Cassels, who scores. No idea why they didn't change it.

Also for those wondering he doesn't play Centre at all anymore. He plays wing.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Hatty tonight.

I think it's about time he's discussed amongst Nylander and Reinhart.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
If he's truly playing LW full time now, he's on Buffalo's radar for sure.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
I had a hunch that Dal Colle would challenge for first overall at the beginning of the year. Glad he's beginning to show that my hunch is right!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad