LW Johnny Gaudreau (2011, 104th overall, Calgary) -"Gaudreaumania III: Live On PPV"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Gaudreau reminds me of RNH.

HOW DARE YOU COMPARE SOMEONE THAT HASN'T EVEN PROVED HIMSELF TO A #1 OVERALL PICK?!?!?!?

seriously, this thread is about Gaudreau. The fact that you are comparing our fourth round pick to your #1 overall pick is pretty laughable itself and speaks volume of the Oilers franchise.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
Neo wasn't a very good shot blocker

Neo_stops_bullets_2.JPG

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Gaudreau reminds me of Neo, from the Matrix.

Just have to comment on your avatar, A Better Tomorrow was a great movie! Most people point to The Killer as his CYF's breakout, but I think that movie was the one that really saw his star explode. :handclap:

Gaudreau is a player, excited to see what he does next year.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I hate to derail the thread further but if you're going to spout nonsense about another player, then it's probably to be expected. Where in the world are you getting your information from? RNH had a torn labrum from an existing injury in Red Deer. That's why he missed eight games in 2012-13 and the first two this season, because he finally had the surgery. His other injury, also to his shoulder, was from falling on his own into the boards his rookie season, a freak thing that could happen to any player (sound familiar?). He missed twenty games because of it. Neither of these injuries were from being "nailed" like you initially said, which is what the original point was.

His game has not changed (you are thinking of Hall, and if you ask anybody, playing less reckless has worked). For as disappointing as his season was, RNH's production this past season went up compared to last, not down. Someone who claims to have watched him enough would know this or at least looked at his stats before making a bogus claim.

Now back to Gaudreau.

I said he had already changed his game, I didn't say when. He changed it last year, a very marginal increase in production this year doesn't change the point in fact it just gives credit to the point that he's no longer as effective and that he has changed his game.

Thank god he isnt anything like Gaudreau though.

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
Gaudreau reminds me of Manlet Small, the 4'6" player with 99 skill attributes I made in NHL 14.

For the record, he's leading the league in points for the CPU-controlled Leafs. My attempt to sabotage them backfired. :sarcasm:

That is a fantastic name.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
HOW DARE YOU COMPARE SOMEONE THAT HASN'T EVEN PROVED HIMSELF TO A #1 OVERALL PICK?!?!?!?

seriously, this thread is about Gaudreau. The fact that you are comparing our fourth round pick to your #1 overall pick is pretty laughable itself and speaks volume of the Oilers franchise.

That's a Flames fan comparing RNH to Gaudreau. Shouldn't really be surprising. Flames fans have compared him to everyone from Gretzky to Lemieux to Kane to St.Louis.

You'd think gaudreau is a lock to score 80 points next season by the comparisons being thrown around.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
That's a Flames fan comparing RNH to Gaudreau. Shouldn't really be surprising. Flames fans have compared him to everyone from Gretzky to Lemieux to Kane to St.Louis.

You'd think gaudreau is a lock to score 80 points next season by the comparisons being thrown around.

Show me where a person ssid he was gonna produce at that level. People compare playing styles then **** gets blown out of proportion.

Google "gaudreau gretzkey".... is it only flame fans that have made thaglt comparison? See for yourself.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Gaudreau >>>>>> RNH

Gaudreau >> Gretzky

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Seriously hate the Gretzky comparison. Not at all, not even close.

Pat Kane or pavel datsyuk maybe john Drouin are really the only thing comparable to Johnny Hockey IMO. I've watched him 20 or so times now.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013

The one you quoted? Pretty sure his post was sarcastic because of the comments on the previous page.

People are comparing player styles. Nobody is saying he's going to be a producer like Gretzky (I'd hope) just that he plays a bit like Gretzky. Or Kane. Or Kariya. Or whoever else.

PZA*

You really to loosen up. He's clearly being sarcastic, like a lot of people are in this thread. I think many people would be happy if he even hits 40 points in this first year in the NHL.

Last edited by a moderator:

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Id say hes like kane/eberle. more tenacious defensively than eberle thats where the datsyuk comp is coming from im guessing, along with hands

Last edited:

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009

That's because Gaudreau IS the next Gretzky.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica

yeah I was talking about the guy who felt the need to chime in about how fragile RNH is perceived to be and all the oilers fans that followed suit.

Reading comprehension must be hard. After all it wasn't that long ago oilers fans were claiming Nuge had "Gretzky vision". I guess he's on his way to become the GOAT right?

Lmao hide your jealousy a little better

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Because some Oiler fans are worried that a flames fourth-rounder will turn out better than their handful of number ones.

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Suffering leads to Rexall Place.

I ****ing hate the Phantom Menace... Three completely interchangeable emotional states do not follow a linear progression to making you a Darth Vader.

NativeHockey77*

I predict a major sophomore slump on his goal a game pace from last year. Bust

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I ****ing hate the Phantom Menace... Three completely interchangeable emotional states do not follow a linear progression to making you a Darth Vader.

I hate the movie too (probably because it scared me and made me angry), and while those states are not necessarily a linear progression, they can form a logical one.

I like to pretend that Yoda was referring specifically to Anakin's situation and had some kind of premonition in this regard, rather than making a blanket statement.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
I hate the movie too (probably because it scared me and made me angry), and while those states are not necessarily a linear progression, they can form a logical one.

I like to pretend that Yoda was referring specifically to Anakin's situation and had some kind of premonition in this regard, rather than making a blanket statement.

Yoda received that premonition from Gaudreau.

Gaudreau is literally the force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad