LW Johnny Gaudreau (2011, 104th overall, Calgary) -"Gaudreaumania III: Live On PPV"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
The last thread is at its limit.

Let Gaudreaumania run wild, brother.

CqO0Gyo.jpg

[MOD] II: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1552555

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
When he goes into the ocean, Johnny Gaudreau doesn't get a little wet. The water gets a little Johnny Gaudreau.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
:laugh: Great pic, thanks for the laugh!

PS: John Gaudreau runs until the treadmill gets tired.

Last edited:

Ice Cream Man

$1 Oysters
Aug 22, 2002
Visit site
What I find interesting is that after observing comments on this board and others about Gaudreau for a couple years now, most of the non-Flames fans who are speaking highly of this kid are ones who have watched him since he was a teenager; seems to be mostly east coast-based folks watching him in the USHL or the NCAA. Those are the ones that can truly speak to his ability to overcome the odds.

I've also noticed a distinctly negative approach to Gaudreau from Oiler fans. Not all of them obviously, but a great number of them. I don't think that's a coincidence, either.

I'm going to trust the opinion of the former category / those who have truly watched him than anybody else.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
What I find interesting is that after observing comments on this board and others about Gaudreau for a couple years now, most of the non-Flames fans who are speaking highly of this kid are ones who have watched him since he was a teenager; seems to be mostly east coast-based folks watching him in the USHL or the NCAA. Those are the ones that can truly speak to his ability to overcome the odds.

I've also noticed a distinctly negative approach to Gaudreau from Oiler fans. Not all of them obviously, but a great number of them. I don't think that's a coincidence, either.

I'm going to trust the opinion of the former category / those who have truly watched him than anybody else.

I've been watching and playing against him since we were 13. I totally agree that anyone who has consistently observed him over such a period of time would agree that he is the real deal.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm as high on this kid as anyone, but people need to understand that the comparisons being dropped here are mostly in regards to playing style. From a pure style standpoint, I mentioned at beginning of the last thread Gretzky's name. In no way do I think JG is gonna put up 150+ pt seasons, nor do I think he's the next Crosby. I think MacKinnon is the best current young player/prospect in the game, Gaudreau may be around 5-7. I do believe that he's capable of being a PPG player if everything goes right for him, and if it does, Kane may be the best example in today's game from a style/production standpoint.

I do not feel he has much of a bust factor in the NHL in the sense that he he won't become a regular. I think it's entirely possible that he develops into 50-60pt player, but I personally feel that once he figures out the NHL game, he will become a dominant player.

Either way, this is fun discussion. He's the kind of player you get excited about (hence his 3rd thread). Can't wait to see him play next season.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

"The snozberries taste like snozberries" - Johnny Gaudreau

3546727976_2087_1210393823239_400_187_xlarge.jpeg

WOWWWW thats what it is!!!! im pretty sure i have been trying to make this connection for a year and a half now, i can sleep now!

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I'm as high on this kid as anyone, but people need to understand that the comparisons being dropped here are mostly in regards to playing style. From a pure style standpoint, I mentioned at beginning of the last thread Gretzky's name. In no way do I think JG is gonna put up 150+ pt seasons, nor do I think he's the next Crosby. I think MacKinnon is the best current young player/prospect in the game, Gaudreau may be around 5-7. I do believe that he's capable of being a PPG player if everything goes right for him, and if it does, Kane may be the best example in today's game from a style/production standpoint.

I do not feel he has much of a bust factor in the NHL in the sense that he he won't become a regular. I think it's entirely possible that he develops into 50-60pt player, but I personally feel that once he figures out the NHL game, he will become a dominant player.

Either way, this is fun discussion. He's the kind of player you get excited about (hence his 3rd thread). Can't wait to see him play next season.

Yeah but to be fair you also said he would put up more points than Iginla. :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yeah but to be fair you also said he would put up more points than Iginla. :laugh:

When all is said and done, yes I feel he has the chance to be the most prolific player the Flames have ever had, barring significant injury. And besides, that's 15 years down the road, so good luck on trying to pull that quote out in the "Crow Eating Thread" :laugh:

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
When all is said and done, yes I feel he has the chance to be the most prolific player the Flames have ever had, barring significant injury. And besides, that's 15 years down the road, so good luck on trying to pull that quote out in the "Crow Eating Thread" :laugh:

This is HF. By Christmas, he'll be talking about how it would take Johnny 22 years at whatever pace he's at to overtake Iginla, so therefore you are wrong. :laugh:

By the way, I agree this kid really will be as good as you think he might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad