LW John Gaudreau - Boston College, HE (2011, 104th overall, Calgary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerSVT*

It would be great to see him play a game or 2 for the Flames at the end of the season.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
It would be great to see him play a game or 2 for the Flames at the end of the season.
I'd like to see him put on more muscle before stepping into the NHL.

I remember seeing him get crushed once in last year's WJC against Slovakia (I think) when he got hit hard against the boards lunging for a puck near the blue line, and I was convinced he had a separated shoulder. Even if he doesn't get hit often I worry about him missing months to a separated shoulder or some other injury just because he has so little muscle mass on his body and some contact is unavoidable.

I'd much rather see Calgary take it slowly with Gaudreau so he can avoid as many injuries as possible and get the time he needs in the weight room to put on weight to be able to withstand the occasional hard hit he will receive in the NHL.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
What are his chances making the world championships. lot of top guys might take it off after just going to the olympics. ripped up the world juniors.

Goodlad

Jan 15, 2013
New Johnny article in the Herald:
http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports...ry.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

He just hasn’t signed yet, is all.

So don’t necessarily go thinking Gaudreau’s planning on waiting it out in order to run out as a free agent, scurry off in the dead of night carrying donations to the collection plate or the parson’s daughter.

“Yeah, I definitely hear about it. A lot,†he laughs. “My mom, who doesn’t know too much about the business side of hockey, is always talking about that, reading stuff on the Internet. Me? I’m just excited to be a part of Calgary.

“Just seeing how they’re rebuilding, those younger guys stepping into the lineup makes me feel more comfortable knowing that maybe I’ll get a shot up there and I can prove myself capable of playing. It’s cool to see how much the coaching staff uses the young guys, Monahan, Baertschi, and how they’re trying to reload and rebuild their organization.

“For next year? I’m kinda just playing it by ear. I’m not really sure what to think right now. I’m just concentrating on finishing up thi one and then we’ll see what happens.â€

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Love the praise for Billy at the end. Criminally underrated

Agreed!

I see him as an NHL player soon - he has the size, hockey IQ, strength, nice hands, offensive and defensive acumen and he is so dynamic. He really impressed more than I thought at the prospects camp.

I think the only knock on his game is perhaps his acceleration. Not bad by any means, but just his weakest link. He will probably never be a top 6 forward, but he will be a mainstay on the 4th or perhaps even 3rd lines, and you can throw him out in all situations.

I sometimes wonder if Gaudreau was not at BC, would Arnold have more of a following? Gaudreau might be short in stature, but he sure casts a very big shadow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad