Injury Report: Lupul - Will Play against Winnipeg (TSN).

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
to me the top 6 should obviously be

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Frattin

but what do i know

I'd keep Mac and Kadri together. They seem to be doing all right, which is more than what could be said about Frattin since his return.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I want Lupul back with Kessel right away. Great chemistry together. I can see JVR having great success with Kadri.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I want Lupul back with Kessel right away. Great chemistry together. I can see JVR having great success with Kadri.

yes

Kadri needs a pure finisher on his side that can put away his chances, Frattin and JVR fit the bill, they can also cycle the puck.

Kessel - Lupul combo is another good line we will get scoring out of... that's 2 solid scoring lines.

Then we have the Grabovski line. For all the crap Kessel takes this year it should be grabovski... he literally is providing this team with nothing. He isn't shutting down the other lines at all and he's not scoring either. Kessel may be a +2 one game and a -2 the next, but at least he's out there scoring... Grabovski always just seems to be floating around when his line gets scored on... just 11 points and a -7. Mac and Kuelmin play better when they're away from him... truly a horrible signing so far

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Lets start the "Lupul At Center" train.

JVR - Lupul - Kessel
Mac - Kadri - Frattin
Grabo - Bozak - Kulemin
Komorov - McClement - Orr/Mclaren.

Lets go.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
Lets start the "Lupul At Center" train.

JVR - Lupul - Kessel
Mac - Kadri - Frattin
Grabo - Bozak - Kulemin
Komorov - McClement - Orr/Mclaren.

Lets go.

Not sure if I thought this should be taken seriously but when I look at it more carefully it seems quite an interesting proposition. My biggest question would be what Lupul might be like at center. However, nonetheless food for thought.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Kulemin needs to start being utilizing in a purely bottom-six defensive role because his offence has dissipated.

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
lupul bozak kessel
mac grab kule
jvr kadri frattin
komarov mcclement mclaren

for me...that third line is young and can be together for long time, skillsets match up well with size/speed/scoring/play making, i give them a chance to click now

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Leafs are getting a huge upgrade tonight. So glad Lupul is back.

You think Lupul is already in game shape? I hope we're not all in for a big disappointment when he doesn't contribute a lot.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I feel so bad for Kessel sometimes. He's stuck with Bozak come hell or high water, and yet Lupul gets to play with Kadri his first game back.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I feel so bad for Kessel sometimes. He's stuck with Bozak come hell or high water, and yet Lupul gets to play with Kadri his first game back.

It's a pretty damn good point.

What about something like this for spreading things out.

JVR Bozak Lupul
Kulemin Kadri Kessel
MacA Grabbo Fratts
Komorov McClement McLaren

Three capable scoring lines. With Leo and Jay they could use the 4th line as a checking. Kulemin adds some D to the KKK line.

I know that RC doesn't roll his lines like this but....

Last edited:

hockeyfanz*

:laugh: Kessel was a bad boy in his previous life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad