Injury Report: Lupul - Will Play against Winnipeg (TSN).

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008
Injured Toronto Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul says he isn’t close to resuming skating, putting in jeopardy his initial projected return to action next month.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...ul_may_not_be_ready_to_return_next_month.html

Mod edit - March 11th

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...id=rss1&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

“I’m not sure; it’s day-to-day right now,†Lupul said of when he’ll play. “I’m at seven weeks right now so you don’t just jump back in the lineup in one day. Everything felt good; we’ll see how it reacts tomrrow.â€

Last edited by a moderator:

jc90

Gonna paint ur wagon
Apr 27, 2010
Leafs Nation
For his sake, it sucks being hurt, but for the team, it seems they're rolling on w/o him so far. But then Reimer and Frattin are out now too

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Why isn't he not close to resuming skating? An honest question because I don't understand how an injured arm can prevent you from skating? Is it because you don't want to risk falling on a broken arm if you slip on the ice somewhere?

bshaw

Jul 4, 2010
Hamilton
Why isn't he not close to resuming skating? An honest question because I don't understand how an injured arm can prevent you from skating? Is it because you don't want to risk falling on a broken arm if you slip on the ice somewhere?

Ya I don't know maybe its the motion in your arms when you're skating is uncomfortable. Who knows

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
Ya I don't know maybe its the motion in your arms when you're skating is uncomfortable. Who knows

It is this. I had this type of injury and you swing your arms hard when you skate and it can be really painful. You get this shooting twinge up your elbow.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
As soon as the cast is off he'll start skating probably.

I expect a good 4 weeks before he's in practice mode. Probably expect him in 5 weeks.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Maybe Lupul had a one off year? No one can say he turned the corner or had a one off.

Is he getting more injuries like in the past? Yes. Some guys have bad luck and the latest was bad luck. But the result was still the same as past history. Long injury. Even last year, Great season but ended in shoulder separation. Why give him 5 years @ 5.5? With the recent success, ill be honest I forgot about Lupul. I like JVR and the handful he represents.

Putting Lupul on the Top line wtih Bozak and Kessel will disrupt 2 lines. As JVR will be on a new line. The chemistry built up in recent weeks or months before Lupul return is erased for one player? Im not so sure u do that right away. Maybe start him on a 3rd line.

I like Lupul but: his injury history, his age and the long recent contract was for me too much too soon. 2yrs for 8 million or 3yrs for 12 would have been safe and fair for both.

threeGo

Oct 18, 2011
Toronto
Maybe Lupul had a one off year? No one can say he turned the corner or had a one off.

Is he getting more injuries like in the past? Yes. Some guys have bad luck and the latest was bad luck. But the result was still the same as past history. Long injury. Even last year, Great season but ended in shoulder separation. Why give him 5 years @ 5.5? With the recent success, ill be honest I forgot about Lupul. I like JVR and the handful he represents.

Putting Lupul on the Top line wtih Bozak and Kessel will disrupt 2 lines. As JVR will be on a new line. The chemistry built up in recent weeks or months before Lupul return is erased for one player? Im not so sure u do that right away. Maybe start him on a 3rd line.

I like Lupul but: his injury history, his age and the long recent contract was for me too much too soon.

They resigned him too early. If they had waited they would now have the option of not resigning him at all or get him at a lower cap hit with less term.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
he has a cast -- why can't he skate?

Because if you fall before the bone is fully set and healed it could break again and you start over.

Did none of you guys have or have kids with broken arms playing sports? :laugh:

As a parent we all learned the dos and don'ts when your kids are recovering from a broken arm. Natural tendency during a fall is to what?

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
They resigned him too early. If they had waited they would now have the option of not resigning him at all or get him at a lower cap hit with less term.

OR deal him to a contender at the Deadline for a 1st round pick?

Why not wait a few months before Signing him and have a look at JVR and his potential? For me its a mistake. Is it me or did most of the die hard "forget" about Lupul with JVR doing wat he is doing and all the chemistry on the top 3 lines.

12345*

It is this. I had this type of injury and you swing your arms hard when you skate and it can be really painful. You get this shooting twinge up your elbow.

It is not thing. Players don't skate on an arm injury because his fracture is an undisplaced hairline fracture - which heals well without surgery. If he falls, people brace themselves with their arms and that hairline fracture could become displaced. Displaced forarm fractures require surgery for pro athletes.

jr27

Aug 18, 2010
Because if you fall before the bone is fully set and healed it could break again and you start over.

As a parent we all learned the dos and don'ts when your kids are recovering from a broken arm. Natural tendency during a fall is to what?

Make sure your beer doesn't spill.

Due North

Mar 16, 2010

Thats what I think. He won't be able to hold onto a stick anyway so why take
a chance in falling.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
I do hope I'm wrong, and not to be a debbie downer-even if he comes back in late march, hes not going to be in gameshape, he may only be "effective" the last week or two of the season: if the Leafs are in a playoffs fight at that time, great-if they're way out of it though-he might just get shut down rest of year.

totally speculation on my part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad