Injury Report: Lupul - Will Play against Winnipeg (TSN).

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
With Lupul returning, if JVR's goal production drops, then Kessel's underrated playmaking abilities should be brought up again. Leads the team in assists and is a one-dimensional sniper...

I'll admit he is nowhere near a complete player, and sometimes his selfishness on rushes as well as droughts really piss the hell outta me. But sometimes u just can't argue with production. Currently on a pro-rated pace for 50 assists this season.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
only komarov + holzer can be sent down, no more time for waivers (got this from mirtle)
or a trade....can see komarov getting send down

Yeah lets send down the second best guy we have on the PP and one of our best defensive forwards not to mention the league leader in hits. :thumbu:

GenericFan2*

Yeah lets send down the second best guy we have on the PP and one of our best defensive forwards not to mention the league leader in hits. :thumbu:
Hes also 2nd on the team in PK minutes behind McClemment and ahead of Bozak. Komarov has more than earned a spot on this roster and is one of the Leafs' most valuable defensive forwards; you need guys like Komarov in the playoffs.

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
this is good news, maybe kessel can find his game now (not saying his playing bad right now because hes playing great; just saying he could be doing better)

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel

That should be our first line

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Frattin-Grabovski-MacArthur
McLaren/Orr-McClement-Komarov

I don't mind it to start, but we really need to get these things figured out quick.

JvR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul-Bozak-Frattin
Kulemin-Grabovski-MacArthur
McLaren-McClement-Komarov

is the best lineup we could put out there atm.

We have the option of Swapping Kess and Frattin if things go sour, and same can be said for Lupul and JvR.

It really starts to show our 2 scoring, 1 shutdown and 1 energy.

HofT

Sep 4, 2008
Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-MacArthur
Kulemin-Bozak-Frattin
McLaren-McClement-Komarov
Orr

that should be the line-up

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
Why does everyone want Kadri to play with Kessel? Both those players want the puck on their stick at all possible times. It's the same thing with Grabovski.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Why does everyone want Kadri to play with Kessel? Both those players want the puck on their stick at all possible times. It's the same thing with Grabovski.
Kessel doesn't seem to want the puck on his stick whenever he's getting pressured. Be nice to have a center that could create some chances when Kessel isn't in the mood to struggle for his own space.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
With Lupul returning, if JVR's goal production drops, then Kessel's underrated playmaking abilities should be brought up again. Leads the team in assists and is a one-dimensional sniper...

I'll admit he is nowhere near a complete player, and sometimes his selfishness on rushes as well as droughts really piss the hell outta me. But sometimes u just can't argue with production. Currently on a pro-rated pace for 50 assists this season.

JvR was producing with Grabovski in his short stint on that line so I don't think the small sample-size we'll have when Lupes is back will lead to any conclusions. I do think that Kessel's playmaking abilities are underrated to begin with though.

ThirdRowGreens

Nov 18, 2011
Ottawa

Just because they can score goals doesn't make them puck hogs.

They are first and third on the team in assists and are both very good playmakers who can also score.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Its starting to look like Grabovski is the odd man out now. We don't have a #1C, then it goes:
#2- Kadri next year?
#3- Bozak
#4- McClement

Still interesting how we dropped our #5C today

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Lupuls game fits better with kessel, he's a decent playmaker and goalscorer, while JVR is more of a pure goalscorer, you can tell their chemistry is just not as good as Lupul and Kessel's. i find Kessel has had much less space playing with JVR.

Knock JVR to the 2nd line or Kadri's line, his production will stay the same, he gets the dirty goals.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Lupuls game fits better with kessel, he's a decent playmaker and goalscorer, while JVR is more of a pure goalscorer, you can tell their chemistry is just not as good as Lupul and Kessel's. i find Kessel has had much less space playing with JVR.

Knock JVR to the 2nd line or Kadri's line, his production will stay the same, he gets the dirty goals.

I like the way you think

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario

Agreed, especially about Kessel not getting as much space.

Maybe give Lupul a couple of games before putting him right back on the top line though.

Warrior16

Apr 30, 2010
Pumped for Lupul to return, should provide a much needed boost to the team! Just have to make room for Gardiner now haha.

unknown8

Mar 9, 2013
I think Carlyle should stick with

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel - Scoring line
Kulemin-Grabovski-Frattin - Shut down line
JVR- Kadri- Mac- Scoring Line
Komorov-Mclement-Orr- Defensive Grinders

The chemistry between the first line will return and dominate.

I think Frattin could really help that second line get going offensively, while still providing the defense needed to be a shutdown line.

The Third line is a great mix of player IMO. Kadri the playmaker around two scorers.

Fourth Line defensive Grinders.

Im thinking these lines make the most sense... Our second line dosent have alot of playmaking so that could be a problem.. But they are mostly a shutdown line anyways..

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
It may not happen first game back, but honestly, Carlyle would be a dummy not to revisit the magic that Lupul and Kessel were brewing for most of last year. As others have mentioned, I think they mesh better together.

And on the plus side of taking JVR off of Kessel's line, he could reignite Grabo I think . . . Grabovski with someone willing to go to the front of the net and who has some skill. Just please . . . no more Komarov there. Love him on the third line, hate him with a guy who might create chances only to go wasted (he's no scorer, he's proved that already).

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - MacArthur
Frattin - Kadri - Kulemin

At this point, Kadri's line might be the second line, but it makes no difference really, it's 2a and 2b.

unknown8

Mar 9, 2013
It may not happen first game back, but honestly, Carlyle would be a dummy not to revisit the magic that Lupul and Kessel were brewing for most of last year. As others have mentioned, I think they mesh better together.

And on the plus side of taking JVR off of Kessel's line, he could reignite Grabo I think . . . Grabovski with someone willing to go to the front of the net and who has some skill. Just please . . . no more Komarov there. Love him on the third line, hate him with a guy who might create chances only to go wasted (he's no scorer, he's proved that already).

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - MacArthur
Frattin - Kadri - Kulemin

At this point, Kadri's line might be the second line, but it makes no difference really, it's 2a and 2b.

We dont really have a shutdown line if we do this though.. thats the problem

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad