Injury Report: Lupul - Will Play against Winnipeg (TSN).

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Is Frattin hurt?

I don't think so. Maybe he's referring to the possibility of Frattin losing a spot when Lupul returns (since it was Frattin that took Lupul's spot when Lupul got injured).

I don't foresee that happening though. There are some players that you make room for one way or another. If Nonis can't find a trade to make room, then he's going to have to take the chance and send someone through waivers. There's absolutely no excuse to have a healthy Lupul waiting in the wings because of logistical issues. I think Steckel gets waived.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Mac-Grabo-Frattin
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Orr-McClement-McLaren

Oh, Jonas Siegel just said that Lupul has been cleared for contact and Carlyle said that Lupul will be back in the line up when he says he's ready. Lupul has been saying he's ready even before he got clearance. It might be possible after all that he play tomorrow.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I don't think so. Maybe he's referring to the possibility of Frattin losing a spot when Lupul returns (since it was Frattin that took Lupul's spot when Lupul got injured).

I don't foresee that happening though. There are some players that you make room for one way or another. If Nonis can't find a trade to make room, then he's going to have to take the chance and send someone through waivers. There's absolutely no excuse to have a healthy Lupul waiting in the wings because of logistical issues. I think Steckel gets waived.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Mac-Grabo-Frattin
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Orr-McClement-McLaren

Oh, Jonas Siegel just said that Lupul has been cleared for contact and Carlyle said that Lupul will be back in the line up when he says he's ready. Lupul has been saying he's ready even before he got clearance. It might be possible after all that he play tomorrow.

Steckel has to be an option for waivers, along with Kostka and Holzer. Can't see Holzer after being extended.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Mac-Grabo-Frattin
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Orr-McClement-McLaren

I'd be surprised if Komorov sits.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050
Joffrey Lupul says he's ready to return. Not 100% but says he feels well enough to play.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I would keep him out of the lineup saturday night, this exact group wants revenge on Winnipeg and we're going to win without him. He gets that extra time to practice with the team up until wednesday and who ever plays better between Orr and Maclaren get to stay in the lineup wednesday, but likely taking turns in and out of the lineup.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
want him in the lineup but it's better if he sits one more game. We don't play until Wednesday after winnipeg, and he should be fully ready to go.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
want him in the lineup but it's better if he sits one more game. We don't play until Wednesday after winnipeg, and he should be fully ready to go.

The Doctors wouldn't have cleared him if he wasn't ready to go. You either want him to be Rusty on Saturday wait till Wednesday to be rusty.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
The Doctors wouldn't have cleared him if he wasn't ready to go. You either want him to be Rusty on Saturday wait till Wednesday to be rusty.

he said he wasn't 100%, but was okay enough to play. If it means a few more days, for him to get closer to 100%, so be it.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
only komarov + holzer can be sent down, no more time for waivers (got this from mirtle)
or a trade....can see komarov getting send down

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
only komarov + holzer can be sent down, no more time for waivers (got this from mirtle)
or a trade....can see komarov getting send down

i cant see why komorov would get sent down. i get the impression that carlyle likes him. he obviously doesnt have much offensive upside but in defensively sensitive situations i think he is great.

i think lineup will be,

jvr bozak kessel
lupul kadri frattin
kulemin grabs mac
komorov mclemment orr
mclaren

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
i cant see why komorov would get sent down. i get the impression that carlyle likes him. he obviously doesnt have much offensive upside but in defensively sensitive situations i think he is great.

i think lineup will be,

jvr bozak kessel
lupul kadri frattin
kulemin grabs mac
komorov mclemment orr
mclaren

Komorov is making Kulemin expendable.

SteveV*

Odd comment since Lupul said a few days ago wanted to make sure he was 100% before returning, no sense risking anything at this stage.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
So Lupul comes in for the Saturday game. Great timing, only 20 games remaining in this regular season for the Maple Leafs.. Desperately need him on the PP

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Odd comment since Lupul said a few days ago wanted to make sure he was 100% before returning, no sense risking anything at this stage.
He might have stuck to that if the team wasn't imploding on him. He wants to play before the team dooms itself out of playoff contention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad