Confirmed with Link: Luke Richardson leaving the organization

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
I understand he lost a daughter but isn't it rather rare that a father puts his career and perhaps millions on the table to stay with his adult daughter in her senior year of university?

Well, its also quite rare for a father to have made 23M by the time he is 40, so its apples and oranges compared to most fathers. I doubt Richardson needs this for money.

It is just a situation that is relatively unique, so trying to think about what may be going through his head at any time is very difficult.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
When is he leaving, IE is he in the process of leaving? Or ... Has he left?

Either way. He is what he is. He did what he did and he is going or gone... Thanks a lot goodbye. What he did or didn't do to any poster, blogger's satisfaction is really quite pointless now.

Any word on who are the candidates or on the process to replace him?

He gone.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Not exactly 100% sure who this guy is, but he does blog regularly about the Binghamton Senators. Here is his comment on Richardson:

For anyone paying attention to how Richardson ran his lines and ran his team he was a complete disaster. He consistently failed to learn from his mistakes, praised the wrong players, and failed at his most important job: development. As an AHL coach there are always going to be players so talented that the coach is irrelevant, and there will always be players so awful no one can save them, but there’s no example of a marginal player who got better under Richardson. Prospects flatlined or declined under his ministration, as Richardson favoured grinders and aging veterans over talent and this season was by far the best example of that. I could go on about his poor choices and unwillingness to learn or accept responsibility for anything, but there’s no point in beating a dead horse (I go over some of it here). Richardson will have no problem getting assistant coaching jobs around the league, but no one with any sense is ever going to give him a head coaching position again.

Instead of listening to our Ottawa media gush about how wonderful everything is all the time, maybe start we need to start reading informed opinions of people who actually watch the games.

The site is eyeonthesens.com if anyone is interested. Guy does a weekly write up on the Sens farm system. Its quite enjoyable, cause he doesn't pull any punches.

If that's true.....that is a huge red flag.

Quite honestly, I don't care how many wins or losses Bingo has (sorry fans in NY). The goal is developing the kids. They need a lot of icetime and to be exposed to a lot of situations for that to happen. It's not about wins and losses at the developmental level.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Did he though?? Do we really know that he did a good job?

How many Bingo players made their NHL debut this year? Taking the better players from Bingo has to impact the team.

I may be mistaken but I dont think they were expected to be a strong team this year so the fact that they routinely lost their better players to the NHL would hurt the farm team.

They also lost one of their better players in the minor league deal with Buffalo.

I dont think the additions they made in the off-season were strong enough to make the team better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad