Friedman: Lucic doesn't want to play in Canada anymore?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I know someone that knows his wife, and it’s not true about the heat lucic is taking. If she wants out of Edmonton it’s because she doesn’t like the city. She very much loves her hometown (Vancouver) so friedman saying he doesn’t want to play in Canada well not sure about that.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I know someone that knows his wife, and it’s not true about the heat lucic is taking. If she wants out of Edmonton it’s because she doesn’t like the city. She very much loves her hometown (Vancouver) so friedman saying he doesn’t want to play in Canada well not sure about that.

That's too bad. I think our winters can be a bit rough for people who aren't used to them but the spring, summer and fall seasons here are excellent. A few posters on here have it in their heads that Edmonton is a bad city to live in. I strongly disagree. The summers here are great and the river valley is stunning in the fall.

I bet Friedman is guessing here. Lucic would probably play in Vancouver and Montreal. That's my bet.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
And people say Lucic has the worst contract in the NHL....

Ladd is certainly flying under the radar for horrible contracts. He is a 5.5 million 3rd/4th liner who has some decent advanced stats but isn't scoring the way most thought he would. Rumors of him not exactly being a team player either.

Richter35

Oct 30, 2006
I'm kind of intrigued because nyr lacks toughness and could perhaps use this as an opportunity to move up in the draft. Does the following work?

to EDM

28th, Spooner, Gilmour, 6th

to NYR

Lucic (2.5M retained), 10th, Gryba, 3rd

EDM increases team speed, particularly on the back end (Gilmour won AHL fastest skater) and gets someone who can slip into a top 6 role in Spooner who has skill. Gryba is a dump.

Rangers get to move up and grab another good prospect, can stuff Gryba in the minors. Lucic at 3.5 can be tolerated in a 3rd line role, that's what they go for these days anyways. Thoughts?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm kind of intrigued because nyr lacks toughness and could perhaps use this as an opportunity to move up in the draft. Does the following work?

to EDM

28th, Spooner, Gilmour, 6th

to NYR

Lucic (2.5M retained), 10th, Gryba, 3rd

EDM increases team speed, particularly on the back end (Gilmour won AHL fastest skater) and gets someone who can slip into a top 6 role in Spooner who has skill. Gryba is a dump.

Rangers get to move up and grab another good prospect, can stuff Gryba in the minors. Lucic at 3.5 can be tolerated in a 3rd line role, that's what they go for these days anyways. Thoughts?
You are not getting both the 10th and retention for Spooner and picks.

Lucic at 3.5 would have decent value.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
That's too bad. I think our winters can be a bit rough for people who aren't used to them but the spring, summer and fall seasons here are excellent. A few posters on here have it in their heads that Edmonton is a bad city to live in. I strongly disagree. The summers here are great and the river valley is stunning in the fall.

I bet Friedman is guessing here. Lucic would probably play in Vancouver and Montreal. That's my bet.

Why you have to be mad? He's a good guy. He may be tired to live here because here is November months is a minus 32. Could you imagine? It's a 8 months in a year snow. Here's like a north pole.

Reactions: ShelbyZ

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Why you have to be mad? He's a good guy. He may be tired to live here because here is November months is a minus 32. Could you imagine? It's a 8 months in a year snow. Here's like a north pole.

Uh, in what part of my post did I come off as mad? Also, I don't have to imagine, I live here. Hence the post.

If you think Edmonton is cold try living in Yellowknife for a year.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Oilers fans are gonna say no but from Avs perspective:

Lucic @ 4.5M cap hit + 10th ov + 2019 2nd for 2018 3rd.
AVS can take all salary and give Wilson a 50% retains . (Good for the cap floor)
And after 16th+ Kerfoot or Kamenev for Skinner our second line will be better
Lucic-Jost-Skinner

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
And people say Lucic has the worst contract in the NHL....
well , thats the idea ; bad contract for a bad contract - at least Ladd could be open to the idea of being based in canada / happy as an oiler .

lucic has a nmc though so isles would have to protect him in a SEA expansion draft wheras Ladds nmc is over soon

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I’d like to see a package that includes the #10 + Lucic to the Rangers for one of our lower 1sts +.
Chiarelli probably wants players. He wanted prospects at the trade deadline rather than picks, and I'm sure he wants to fill the hole with another player.

Given the Carolina chatter by Dreger, maybe something around Lucic and Pulujarvi for Faulk and Rask is coming - although I'm sure neither fanbase would be overly thrilled with that right now.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Chiarelli probably wants players. He wanted prospects at the trade deadline rather than picks, and I'm sure he wants to fill the hole with another player.

Given the Carolina chatter by Dreger, maybe something around Lucic and Pulujarvi for Faulk and Rask is coming - although I'm sure neither fanbase would be overly thrilled with that right now.

We got some players.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
What an entitled little *****. Signs a big contract he knows he could never live up to, and now he wants the Oilers to arrange a trade for him. Bury his ass in the minors, let him ride the buses. Someone should tell him the world doesn't revolve around him, and to quit being a spoiled little *****. Players like him don't live in the real world because they've never had to - they need to learn that this is their job; criticism and attention and media pressure comes with the territory. Guys like him just expect everyone to cater to their every temper tantrum and whim because they've 'worked hard' and they're Mr. Big Shot NHLer to everyone in their lives. What a joke.
This is exactly why he might want out.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

That caught my eye today, but when I actually listened to the clip, Dreger wasn't sharing a rumor or even speculating; he was just tossing out an idea. It was the equivalent of an HF trade proposal thread.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/edmonton-1...-partner-the-oilers-are-looking-for-1.1112560

Starts at ~11:27

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I wonder if there's a basis for Ladd + 11 or 12 for Lucic + 10, with a little retention one way or another.
Hell no to Ladd lol. He's older and has been declining for years

It'll be hilarious if Lucic actually returns something valuable and the Oilers don't take any bad contract back :laugh:

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
GettyImages-509274866.0.jpg

NOW you want to cry wolf!?

You chased the $$$ and that's cool, but don't be a man baby about it.

Suck it up, buttercup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad