Friedman: Lucic doesn't want to play in Canada anymore?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I know this doesn't make me a good human being but I'm glad he's struggling. This should teach the oilers not to give out money like it's candy.

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Not sure how a guy worth no value should have any opinions on where he should play.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
didn't Eberle say something about the fans not being so classy when the chips are down? Maroon's wife had been threatened (allegedly) now Lucic about to get run out of town just like Shultz and Eberle!!! Not to mention McDavid being *****ed when he went to lunch with his father lol maybe the fans should turn their volatile attention to management and ownership!!!

But it's Bettman's fault that Canadian teams can't get their crap together.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Milan is a physically tough player, but he's always been a bit weak mentally (I don't mean "dumb", I mean undiscplined and easy to get off his game) and emotionally.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I know this doesn't make me a good human being but I'm glad he's struggling. This should teach the oilers not to give out money like it's candy.

Sens fan? I think you might have your hands full right now. Maybe don't be glad anyone is struggling with anything right now.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
The Oilers aren't retaining
Source?

I'll guess your ass.

Lucic is not in a position to be complaining about anything. If he wants out of Edmonton then he should step up his game and make himself tradable. A crappy overpaid player locking out 7 teams is moronic.

The smart thing to do would be to stop reading the media and just live his life and be happy he has a job in the NHL playing with a future Hall of Famer.

@NYR Viper You can do better.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Suck it up buttercup. You are paid damn well and that includes taking the heat when you aren't playing up to the contract you just signed.

To me, it sounds like he wants to stay but his wife doesn't. I guess he wants to see her happy so he's willing to leave. That said, she knows by now the way it works.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Source?

I'll guess your ass.

Lucic is not in a position to be complaining about anything. If he wants out of Edmonton then he should step up his game and make himself tradable. A crappy overpaid player locking out 7 teams is moronic.

The smart thing to do would be to stop reading the media and just live his life and be happy he has a job in the NHL playing with a future Hall of Famer.

@NYR Viper You can do better.

Simple logic.

If the Oilers retain on Lucic, then they find themselves paying another individual to replace him 6 M. They would end up overpaying the individual to replace Lucic.

Instead, they would look to take on other bad contract that could make an impact on the team, like the deal between LA and Ottawa.

If they can't find any suitors, then Lucic can return next season to player for the Oilers. If he doesn't want to play in Edmonton, then he can play in Bakersfield.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Sure they are just going to get rid of an extremely overpaid 3rd/4th liner because he holds any real value to anyone
They can also just keep him if the cost to move him serves no benefit for the team. Lucic at 4M dollar cap hit would be a steal of price since he is still capable of 20 goals and 45 points.

There have been many untradeable contracts that have been moved the last couple of seasons, without salary being retained.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Simple logic.

If the Oilers retain on Lucic, then they find themselves paying another individual to replace him 6 M. They would end up overpaying the individual to replace Lucic.

Instead, they would look to take on other bad contract that could make an impact on the team, like the deal between LA and Ottawa.

If they can't find any suitors, then Lucic can return next season to player for the Oilers. If he doesn't want to play in Edmonton, then he can play in Bakersfield.

Not sure you know what logic means. If the Oilers retain 2mil and move him they free up 4 mil which would pay for a better player. Shall I list all the 4mil or under players better than Lucic?

No one will want him so it's a mute point.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Not sure you know what logic means. If the Oilers retain 2mil and move him they free up 4 mil which would pay for a better player. Shall I list all the 4mil or under players better than Lucic?

No one will want him so it's a mute point.
What are the Oilers going to give up to acquire that 4 M dollar player? Are they going to trade away their young ELC prospects on a team dealing with cap issues? Or their first?

Also, I think you misunderstood my point in my original post. I said that the 2 M retation would be added on to the other player's salary, which will result in another overpaid player.

4 M (new player) + 2 M (salary retation)= 6 M (Lucic)

You would also only get a 4 M dollar player from a trade, not Free Agency. So goodbye 2019 1st, Bear, Yam, Klefbom or Pul.

Also, didn't nobody want Clarkson, Horton, and Phaneuf?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad