Jack Edwards announces he will retire after this season

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Wasn’t the biggest Edwards fan but having his broadcasting ability taken away is just cruel life twist.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

I feel like this is kinda f***ed up and in bad taste considering Jack is clearly suffering from whatever mystery illness he's going through. Just listen to this call:

I hadn't heard him call a game in a few years and when I tuned in to game 4 and the feed was NESN I immediately noticed how slow he spoke nowadays. Based on that, I think it's kind of a shitty video but whatever I guess, comedy is comedy?

This is coming from a LONG TIME hater of Jack Edwards.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Everyone should be collectively cheering for the Leafs tomorrow so we can all rid ourselves of this clown

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Just too bad he can't take that putrid " Holy Mackinaw " guy with him into retirement. :(
He's the local AM radio guy for the Leafs for decades. If you have heard him enough to annoy you that much. Sounds like a you problem.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
He's the local AM radio guy for the Leafs for decades. If you have heard him enough to annoy you that much. Sounds like a you problem.
TSN plays one of his clips during the highlights of almost every Leaf game. So you can shove that problem comment.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
TSN plays one of his clips during the highlights of almost every Leaf game. So you can shove that problem comment.
Then stop watching Leaf games if it so traumatizing lol no one is forcing you. Again, a YOU problem. There's no Robot Chicken tying you down prying your eyes and ears open to consume Leaf content. You can easily avoid it if you want, so don't watch then cry about it. Leaf fans love him and your opinion means f*** all

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Then stop watching Leaf games if it so traumatizing lol no one is forcing you. Again, a YOU problem. There's no Robot Chicken tying you down prying your eyes and ears open to consume Leaf content. You can easily avoid it if you want, so don't watch then cry about it. Leaf fans love him and your opinion means f*** all
You could say the same with Jack Edwards and all the comments in this thread (including mines).

Not sure why you are taking this personally.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I’ve grown to like him.
Younger me would call me an utter embarrassment for saying it.
But when he was on, he called a good game - he actually did.

Tough to see his delivery diminish, it was time. But stupid he isn’t going out on his sword to the completion of the Bruins season (or on top if they win it all)

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Ironic considering many of the comments on Edwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad