Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC

giphy.gif

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

This is what I've been saying, he goes to the high danger areas. It's a very pleasant surprise for me because I didn't see that in the SHL highlights last season. He knows what it takes to score in the NHL.

Last night's PP goal, he finds the soft spot where there's both a passing lane and a shooting lane. This is how Ovy gets all his PP goals. Just really smart hockey. The problem with the PP is that guys are just too stationary, Raymond doesn't just park his ass on the faceoff dot like Zadina does, he looks for the lanes.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Does he finish the season with 60 points? I mean he just keeps producing. His skill level and IQ are off the charts, when he’s older and has more muscle and understands the game even better lookout. 90 point player in his prime.

Reactions: jkutswings

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Does he finish the season with 60 points? I mean he just keeps producing. His skill level and IQ are off the charts, when he’s older and has more muscle and understands the game even better lookout. 90 point player in his prime.

Think he will be +100 point player in his prime.

Like, as a bit banged, in a crazy schedule, having bad games. And still at silent/bad night, he is on the scoresheet. Doing this as 19-year-old.

That's a superstar. It's like Pavel and Z.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
No chance he gets loaned to WJC i assume? If it happens, it could be good to try Berggren in NHL until Raymond comes back.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Think he will be +100 point player in his prime.

Like, as a bit banged, in a crazy schedule, having bad games. And still at silent/bad night, he is on the scoresheet. Doing this as 19-year-old.

That's a superstar. It's like Pavel and Z.
Indeed - he has the skillset to be a point per game player, or more...I sorta liken him to our version of a Kane, or Marner.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I still think it is much to early to write off Lafreniere. He is playing in a higher pressure market based on NY and current team expectations and also has the pressure of being the top guy which adds more pressure to the situation. I still think he is going to become a very good player yet.
I don't. Draft position means nothing once you're on the ice..

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Am I alone on not wanting the NHL at the Olympics - especially considering it's in China of all places...

I love Olympic hockey, it is basically all star teams that actually try hard and play physical. The 2010 games in Vancouver on NHL sized ice is the best tournament I have ever watched, even though the ending sucked. Rafalski played out of his mind, was a lot of fun to watch.

So yes, I am really hoping for the NHL to send players, and hopefully not on Olympic sized ice. It promotes perimeter hockey which is not nearly as entertaining.

Reactions: Bench

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad