Confirmed with Link: Lucas Raymond signs 3 Year ELC

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I assumed it was the full Canadian tuxedo. Gotta dress to impress when your seats are along the glass.
Ladies and gentlemen, we are in the presence of the great actor Burt Young! (Better known as Paulie from the Rocky movies.)

Now Seider, go out there and blast some guy's teeth out!

paulie-rocky.gif

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
2 games at Traverse City
1st game - scores 1+0
2nd game - scores 2+0

Pre-season
1st game - scores 1+1 (6-2 win)
2nd game - scores 0+2 (5-1 win)
3rd game - scores 1+1 (4-6 loss)
4th games - scores 0+0 (2-4 loss)
5th games - scores 0+0 (4-2 win)
6th games - scores 0+0 (1-3 loss)

These last 3 games were on 3 days in-a-row.

Regular season:
1st game - scores 0+1
2nd game - scores 0+0
3rd game - scores 1+1
4th game - scores 0+0
5th game - scores 0+0
6th game - scores 3+1

Pre-season went 6 point in 6 games, kind of 9 points in 8 games, if you include Prospect tournament.

Then he went 7 points in 6 games in NHL regular season.

It already 15 games and 9+8=17 points.

EDIT:

Fixed the 2nd game.

Last edited:

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
2 games at Traverse City
1st game - scores a goal
2nd game - scores a goal

Pre-season

Regular season:
1st game - scores 0+1
2nd game - scores 0+0
3rd game - scores 1+1
4th game - scores 0+0
5th game - scores 0+0
6th game - scores 3+1

Pre-season went 6 point in 6 games, kind of 8 points in 8 games, if you include Prospect tournament.

It already 15 games and 8+8=16 points.

He scored 2 goals in the 2nd prospect game.

Reactions: Henkka

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
2 games at Traverse City
1st game - scores 1+0
2nd game - scores 2+0

Pre-season

Regular season:
1st game - scores 0+1
2nd game - scores 0+0
3rd game - scores 1+1
4th game - scores 0+0
5th game - scores 0+0
6th game - scores 3+1

Pre-season went 6 point in 6 games, kind of 9 points in 8 games, if you include Prospect tournament.

It already 15 games and 9+8=17 points.

EDIT:

Fixed the 2nd game.
Point totals are nice but the team needs more consistent scoring, not just padding the numbers against crap opponents.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
Point totals are nice but the team needs more consistent scoring, not just padding the numbers against crap opponents.

I think most of his points have been pretty important.

Against Tampa his assist came from the fallout after the Larkin incident, I think that point is important due to 2 reasons, 1. Other than standing up for yourself like Larkin did, punishing your opponents by scoring on the PP should deter other teams from doing the same thing. And 2. the game was tied at 60:00 without his assist, they might have lost.

Against Columbus his goal was the first of the game and came in the 3rd period after Korpisalo had been a wall before that for the entire game. A few minutes later his assist lead to the Game winning goal. Both the goal and the assist was very important and was essential (IMO) to Red wings victory.

Against Chicago it was once again he who opened the scoring by scoring the first goal (very important to score the first goal in a game) and once again his assist led to what later became the game winning goal.

So, 5 of his 7 points so far has been very important for the Red Wings to get a point / win that specific game.

When it comes to the other 2 goals in the Chicago game, sure they might have been "padding the numbers against crap opponents" however given how close Chicago was to score on those 5 on 3s in the 3rd period the extra goals for could just as well have been needed for a win.
Honestly with how bad the Red wings are at protecting a lead, I don't think you can pad the numbers at the moment, because every goal might matter to secure the win.

Edit: and there's another assist to the game winning goal against the Caps.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Yeah, opponents matter. But Raymond is our best scorer after Bertuzzi.

Currently I would not worry about his scoring, problem is everybody elses scoring in this team.

Reactions: Gniwder

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
I thought we got so screwed in that draft. I am starting to think we might have done pretty well with that pick.

Bandito

Jun 21, 2019
Super rare to find such a dynamic offensive player that already plays such a complete game at his age.

If he gets a little stronger and a little faster, he could be one of the best wingers in the league in his prime.

Reactions: Heaton and Realgud

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

I'm very happy with how Raymond has turned out. I'm happily eating crow at the moment.

...I still would have gone with Timmy Stu. I could see Stutzle having just as much a positive impact on Detroit as Raymond is having. That Ottawa team is RealBad right now. I think if the tables were turned the results would be very similar. I'm not so sure about Lafreniere or Byfield at the moment.

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad