Confirmed with Link: Lou Lamoriello named Leafs General Manager - Presser @ 2pm ET

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
:cry:

Enjoy Lou's special sauce, we won't be needing it anymore

statusquo_zpsaf091376.jpg

:cry:

i remember seeing this. I wonder what the backstory on this is.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
We won't win battles in the corners. We will win in shoot outs. That's the direction. Don't pretend otherwise.

It won't be all bad, we may actually make the playoffs. Isn't that the point?

Eh, plenty of smaller, non-physical players are quite adept at winning board battles. Detroit, the team that you compare us to, didn't base their 20 years of relative success on shootouts. They are actually quite good at the forecheck, very adept at putting pressure and forcing turnovers.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
In a column in the Star Rosie Dimanno mentioned that, during the press conference, a reporter asked Lou about firing Babcock and Lou dismissed him as 'trying to make trouble'. Did anyone catch that? If so, which reporter asked that question?

kfernandes29

Aug 16, 2005
Lou does not believe in rebuilds. You have the smartest and most capable minds money can buy now. Lou is going to use your assets to build a contender and win a Cup.

No doubt in my mind.

Look at how old Lou is. You think he wants to rebuild? He's on record saying his teams do not rebuild. They re-tool. He constantly criticized the approach of losing to get high draft picks.

In all fairness, the Leafs' plan isn't to lose. Their plan is to rebuild, not tank.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
You think our "relentless forecheck" will outwork a line of Zack Sill, Tom Wilson and Michael Latta in Washington?

Or that Chris Neil, Zack Smith and Zack Storini in Ottawa will be on the receiving end of this relentless forecheck and team toughness?

Where's that emoticon… there it is…

:shakehead

Yes because we saw first-hand what a dominant force Zach Sill was along the boards.

You're reaching, Pookie.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
I'm not making milllions a year and I have had jobs that required certain things of their employees, personal standards every employee is expected to adhere to. Simple and quite normal nowadays. I like the idea of it honestly. Pride in your work and pride in your appearance gets the most out of people after all. Lupul can help everyone out with fashion issues... lol

As for social media.. I highly doubt that Lou will instill a rule against it. Some things have to change and adapt. He'll probably just let the players know they will be watched and any behavior that casts a shadow on the Leafs in any way will not be tolerated.

Yeah I know, I'm being a bit extreme. Nothing wrong with rules in the work place, but then you hear stories like Lou cutting a chain off Gomez because he didnt take it off for a picture, and it sounds a bit too crazy.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
In a column in the Star Rosie Dimanno mentioned that, during the press conference, a reporter asked Lou about firing Babcock and Lou dismissed him as 'trying to make trouble'. Did anyone catch that? If so, which reporter asked that question?

It must have been the Buffalo reporter that accused Mike Babcock of lying about his signing in Toronto and not in Buffalo, I think they are still ticked about that.

BooRadley

Aug 7, 2007
The last time I had a holy **** the Leafs are crazy prior to this Babcock / Lamo era was when we got Phaneuf from the Flames.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Not sure if this has been mentioned. but is it 100% confirmed that the leafs will have to give NJ a draft pick for Lou.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
:laugh:

"Mike hasn't even coached a game, I haven't been here a day, and you're asking me about firing him, boy what a question, next question."

hooboy, welcome to Toronto, Lou.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Aren't we paying Cliff Fletcher to masquerade as a dinosaur already?

No one knows why we're paying Cliffy but i wouldn't be calling Lou a dinosaur .

Lou Lam will go down as one of the best GM's the game has seen and he's the type of person this mgmt team needed .

Is he past his best before date ? We'll soon find out but i wouldn't write him off so quickly . This mgmt group has almost zero NHL experience and regardless of how highly people may think of the group Shanny brought together , having a person the stature of Lou involved will prove invaluable .

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
seems like McPhee could of been our GM as he was a finalist.

Were you close to hiring other GMs?

I had some really good discussions with George McPhee. I was really impressed with George McPhee. His record in the draft — the draft is so important to us and George had an excellent presentation with me so that was one of the other guys. I probably met with six or seven people. Some of them are with other organizations right now and even though I got permission to speak with them I'd rather not name names. George was certainly a finalist as well.

BooRadley

Aug 7, 2007
I was seriously getting bored of the topics here and all the thread merging. I haven't refreshed this much since TDD.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
seems like McPhee could of been our GM as he was a finalist.

that's interesting.
I like George's drafting history - but i think nothing can beat Lou's influence. Hopefully we get Good Lou and not Bad Lou.

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
:laugh:

"Mike hasn't even coached a game, I haven't been here a day, and you're asking me about firing him, boy what a question, next question."

hooboy, welcome to Toronto, Lou.

I love how he kinda just dismissed the question and showed his emotion of how stupid a question that was. Let's hope he continues to not put up with the bs media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad