Confirmed with Link: Lou Lamoriello named Leafs General Manager - Presser @ 2pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
That was a long time ago. Back when people thought that Phaneuf would be progressing and become a legit stud. It has not happened, and I don't think that he will all of a sudden start getting better. Now he is just a diminishing asset on a bloated contract. If Lou can get anything semi-decent for him, and not retain any of his salary then he has done great.

Dumping Dion for "anything decent" would be dumb. He's a good player who gets a lot of unjustified hate in this town. i wouldn't be surprised too see him a Leaf for another 5 years. The only good thing about trading him is if we're desperate to guarantee a bottom 3 pick this year.

We have some young D prospects. There's something to be said for having a good veteran player on board to help those guys along.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I just think how soft our group would be without him. I'm pretty sure he's the only player left that isn't afraid to muck it up.

if by 'muck it up' you mean clutch, grab and trip. As he is the minor penalty champion of the universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino