Confirmed with Link: Lou Lamoriello named Leafs General Manager - Presser @ 2pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
whoa-dude.gif

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Holy smokes. I need time to think about this.
.....how is this going to work?

wow. We have Uncle Lou...wow..

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
I guess this really is happening. Or maybe I crossed into another dimension while I was sleeping. Maybe I should go back to sleep and try waking up again. :laugh:

Not sure I care for this plan. Lou seems to come from the (very) old school of General Managers. But I guess he is a mentor for Dubas for a few years and then Kyle can take over? Makes some sense from that point-of-view, I suppose.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
good signing, probably there to mentor the mangement team. He will probably be a better negotiator when it comes to deals. Dubas has his plate full with the AHL this year. l'm liking what is going on here.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Love this move. One of the best GM's to ever grace the NHL.

That is a bit of a stretch- only if he brings one of the best goalies to ever grace the NHL with him.

No doubt he is a decent Gm but its still hard to figure out what the leafs are trying to do. Who is in charge (certainly not the GM who was the last one hired) Not sure what type of relationship babcock and Lou have if any. Both are defense first kind of guys.

Still think the Gm should have been hired before the coach/scouts etc and let the GM put his plan in place. Doubt there is much real authority in the GM role.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
I'm shocked, had to refresh my TSNapp twice, to make sure I saw correctly.

Well, here you got your experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1