Losing streak lies ahead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
He was unhinged beyond belief at the Marleau signing all summer long, very emotional guy, lol

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
He was unhinged beyond belief at the Marleau signing all summer long, very emotional guy, lol

i'm sick and tired of those who fall under the impatient fan umbrella.

marleau was an exceptional signing and is exactly what this team needs at this exact time.

impatient fans need to stop worrying about the birth year of players and to not freak out every time we lose a game.

the impatient fan is a dying breed and it'll be nice when they cease to exist [lofty goal i know...lol]

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Everyone loves the deal in the first year there's two more to come yet and I've seen your contribution in the Marlies thread, I don't think you should be throwing terms like "unhinged" around after that **** show

just hoping you can learn and grow to become a better person, something we should all strive for.

How spectacularly passive aggressive of you, fine argument

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Everyone loves the deal in the first year there's two more to come yet and I've seen your contribution in the Marlies thread, I don't think you should be throwing terms like "unhinged" around after that **** show

Kiwi, I applaud you on your effort to teach them logic, but your wasting your time. Dont give them attention.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
i'm sick and tired of those who fall under the impatient fan umbrella.

marleau was an exceptional signing and is exactly what this team needs at this exact time.

impatient fans need to stop worrying about the birth year of players and to not freak out every time we lose a game.

the impatient fan is a dying breed and it'll be nice when they cease to exist [lofty goal i know...lol]

Impatient?

I want to sell at the TDL and keep on building, if that's impatience you need to buy a dictionary and look up what it means

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
We play Arizona and Colorado soon so the max we should do is 7. I doubt it goes more than 2 more games though (5 total), especially if Matthews returns.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

wtf? lol ...

Youre ranting about everything under the sun, coaching, player, etc I say Mitch will be taken 5 spots later and hell breaks loose from Im guessing young leaf fans. :laugh:

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies

lol. everything is an "argument" with you. lol.

you're playing slowpitch in a hardball league.

Impatient?

I want to sell at the TDL and keep on building, if that's impatience you need to buy a dictionary and look up what it means

guilty conscience? i thought so.

i am an objective level headed rational and patient fan. you are not. whoopdeedoo. there's no 'argument'.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
wtf? lol ...

Youre ranting about everything under the sun, coaching, player, etc I say Mitch will be taken 5 spots later and hell breaks loose from Im guessing young leaf fans. :laugh:

When my team signs players in there late 30's to 3 year 18.75M contracts you better belive I'm going to have an opinion, it's ******* terrible and only the most one eyed Homer could watch this team, look at the advanced stats player usage and play style and be happy about it, it's bloody terrible

I've supported this team for 35 years and I've seen everything this franchise has put out sport

That's why I'm not a pom pom waiver who blindly thinks "good things are going to happen" with zero rational thought

lol. everything is an "argument" with you. lol.

you're playing slowpitch in a hardball league.

guilty conscience? i thought so.

i am an objective level headed rational and patient fan. you are not. whoopdeedoo. there's no 'argument'.

Lol

You may want to learn what rational, objective and patient mean before you start using them

Reactions: Garthinater

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
players who consistently play the style of game a coach expects don't get bounced around. nylander needs to do what is expected of him.
It seems othe posters have responded. All i’ll Say is Nylander was fine before. One of our best possession players and he was utilizing his skill set in a way that made him look like a ppg player. I don’t know what style of play he was playing with Backstome at the Worlds, but I want that Willy. Not this 4th line winger Willy playing under Babcocks system terrible dump and chase system.

Reactions: hullsy47

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Just wish we could find that level of play we had at the end of last season and in the playoffs. That team seemed to have figured things out in a way I haven't really seen for an extended stretch this year, despite the solid record.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
yep, you could see this slump coming.

the offense just isn't dangerous at all right now, tbough tired legs has something to do with that too.

defensively they look prettt good though so that's something.

hopefully they can get some wins in this last road stretch in december, and then get healthy and rested for a wurge in the new year.

Reactions: Menzinger

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Seems to me like Babcock is trying to turn this team into a defensive minded club.

I wish we could get our offensive flair back. We should be able to trade chances with teams due to our depth but there’s no creativity or puck possession at the moment.

I’m definitely concerned right now.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
It seems othe posters have responded. All i’ll Say is Nylander was fine before. One of our best possession players and he was utilizing his skill set in a way that made him look like a ppg player. I don’t know what style of play he was playing with Backstome at the Worlds, but I want that Willy. Not this 4th line winger Willy playing under Babcocks system terrible dump and chase system.

i like nylander and want and expect him to be a part of our future for years to come.

but he has holes in his game and the way he is being utilized now will pay dividends, hopefully right away.

i think it can be that quick as he was showing that he can do it.

sometimes bad habits are hard to break even after a player shows he can, they start to creep back into their game.

i'm not saying you but some fans are just pom pom waivers who are blind eight eyed homers that watch the analytics, look at the advanced stats player usage and play style and be unhappy about it, it's short sighted with zero rational thought.

Reactions: realgoodleafs

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
All of the big 3 are in sophomore years. They have 6 games of playoff exp. But Jvr and Bozak will win us a cup.... Like it or not we are still growing and need to win a round. We are still in build and we aren't where y the patient ones. They will all be fine but Marner' s size is a concern given we don't have that Lucic type guy to play with him.I'm fine with a higher pick this year, embrace the drip.

Last edited:

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I think we have to factor in as well that we just played 5 games in 7 nights including 2 back to backs. Not to mention 4 of the 5 being on the road, so adding in the constant travel it's no shock this team has looked tired.

Finally we get a few days off, instead of freaking out, maybe we should recognize that these guys aren't super heros and will go through slow stretches sometimes. I'd imagine we're going to come out with alot more energy at home on Tuesday.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
When my team signs players in there late 30's to 3 year 18.75M contracts you better belive I'm going to have an opinion, it's ******* terrible and only the most one eyed Homer could watch this team, look at the advanced stats player usage and play style and be happy about it, it's bloody terrible

I've supported this team for 35 years and I've seen everything this franchise has put out sport

That's why I'm not a pom pom waiver who blindly thinks "good things are going to happen" with zero rational thought

One really has to think if we just replaced Marleau with Brown on the 3rd line and have a guy like Leivo/Kapanen fill his spot on the 4th line - how much better or worse would our team be?

Honestly I think it wouldn't change much at all. We signed a redundant piece at a very expensive price. I won't lie I was kind of excited about the signing when it happened, mostly because our young stars get a veteran goal-scorer to play with. But that's what's hilarious - he won't even be tried alongside any of them for any decent period of time.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
i like nylander and want and expect him to be a part of our future for years to come.

but he has holes in his game and the way he is being utilized now will pay dividends, hopefully right away.

i think it can be that quick as he was showing that he can do it.

sometimes bad habits are hard to break even after a player shows he can, they start to creep back into their game.

i'm not saying you but some fans are just pom pom waivers who are blind eight eyed homers that watch the analytics, look at the advanced stats player usage and play style and be unhappy about it, it's short sighted with zero rational thought.
what does this mean? Looking at stats and watching players to form opinions is short sighted?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
We play Arizona and Colorado soon so the max we should do is 7. I doubt it goes more than 2 more games though (5 total), especially if Matthews returns.

Chances are good we underperform and lose to both Arizona and Colorado. It's what our Leafs tend to do!

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
he deserves marner minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad