Losing streak lies ahead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Well I mean what can you do when your talent offense can not score on one of the worst backups in the league? That's pretty disappointing. Defense was fine I guess, but there are no excuses. Guys need to wake up and work hard tomorrow.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Played well? I realise we have a good record but we deserve a losing streak as we have played like today all season. Brutal, loved watching thus team last year but sucks this year.

Bright spot....Lock up 29 and 16 long term ASAP
This is why yes we do go after tavares...a sure thing.
Dont know if its babcocks system, lines or the players but simply aweful...tired of babcock

Reactions: ToMaLe

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Completely possible. This team is turning every game into a game that can be lost. Maybe McBackup stands on his head and Detroit doesn't show up though. Anything can happen.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Andersen would've had to put up a goose egg for 60 min. for us to have salvaged a point from tonight's game. At least it was only the first time we've been shutout this season. Hope we can snap the skid tomorrow night and that Matthews is close to returning.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I think we can all see it coming. If they don't change their game drastically there's going to be a long losing streak coming. The boys look like crap out there.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
I think its time to bring Matthews Nylander back together. Lots of talk about possible trades happening around the league, gotta wonder what is going through managements head

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
I agree, I think Auston has learned his lesson being healthy scratched these last few famed

ya hes missed a bunch of fames. I wonder why. Hes a good pro. If we sign Tavares and trade Matthews, we'd be set for a while.

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
I think its time to bring Matthews Nylander back together. Lots of talk about possible trades happening around the league, gotta wonder what is going through managements head
Gotta think they are kicking tires on ottawas D

maybe Ceci if sens really are taking calls on everybody. His gf and her family is from thunder bay :naughty: Just a quick flight from toronto

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah we're due to lose some. Teams played like hot garbage for awhile and has been bailed out by goaltending.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Given recent history, they'll go on a losing streak and they absolutely deserve to. They've been awful and Andy is the sole reason they are where they are in the standings. Horrible efforts.

Yep, watching the game last night they looked like a bunch of good parts that didn't fit well together.

IMO part of that is self inflicted. The forward lines are rarely the same 3 guys, its hard to create any chemistry when you don't know your line mates habits. For all the science and advance stats the Leafs use, they are slow, slow to the puck , slow to fore check, slow through the neutral zone, slow to adjust to the other teams game pan, just plain slow.

IMO they look like a team going through the motions. they do not have the same hunger,the same tenacity, the same compete as last year.

If you are going to ban Nylander to the 4th line, just bench him, it does nothing for his confidence or help him learn the game playing on the 4th line, stop p***yfooting around and just bench him. Bench Marner for a few games, he isn't scoring , he isn't successful on the forecheck like last year. The fact he is not driving his line should be reason enough to send him to the press box. If you consider the contribution the 2 sophomores are bringing would you lose all that much if you bench them and let Leivo and Kapanen play?

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Is this what it has come to? Guessing how long that a team that is 20-12-1 and tied for 6th in the entire league is going to go on a losing streak?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad