London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Boulton had as many points today as anyone on the Rangers, so it must have been a compliment?

The best part of today’s game in my opinion, was watching the Rangers who were getting it handed to them on the scoreboard, try and go out and intimidate physically. Only to have every one of those players have their lunch fed to them.

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
After such an emotional game I can certainly understand your thinking. But I’m not sure one game paints a clear picture. London has 694 PIMS in 42 games versus Kitchener Who has 576 in 44 games. The season long sample size suggests the London coach has less ‘control’ over his players than the Kitchener coach.
How many career wins does Kitchener coach have again? How many does the head coach of London have again? I think the one with 900 plus wins knows what the hell he is doing. Jesus Christ

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
I can’t believe some plug nobody jumped Cowan in a blowout third period. This was like an old OHL game from the 90’s.

I’m sure Kitchener fans would be acting reasonably if Rehkopf was jumped under any circumstances… ( let alone these).

Aside from the antics this team is a complete wagon and can win a hockey game any way you want to play it…

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
After such an emotional game I can certainly understand your thinking. But I’m not sure one game paints a clear picture. London has 694 PIMS in 42 games versus Kitchener Who has 576 in 44 games. The season long sample size suggests the London coach has less ‘control’ over his players than the Kitchener coach.
This isnt the Windsor thread. Stats and cherry picking dont hold water here. And if you want to go that route, you picked the wrong guy on this board to get into it with. Otto is not your average poster... 🤔

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I can’t believe some plug nobody jumped Cowan in a blowout third period.
This was like an old OHL game from the 90’s.

I’m sure Kitchener fans would be acting reasonably if Rehkopf was jumped under any circumstances… ( let alone these).
Any video of this?

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Any video of this?
Doubt there will be video. Cowan just punched the kid with one or two glancing shots and the kid lost his balance. Wasn’t much of a fight.

But Cowan was skating backwards away from the kid and he chased Cowan into the knights zone and forced him to fight. The puck was nowhere near them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4thline

Spinner

Nov 25, 2015
How many career wins does Kitchener coach have again? How many does the head coach of London have again? I think the one with 900 plus wins knows what the hell he is doing. Jesus Christ
In no shape or form did my post indicate Dale Hunter didn’t know what he was doing. He is arguably the best coach in the league. I included statistics which supported the fact that London is less disciplined than Kitchener. There is no emotional bias in either of my posts, just statistical facts.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Au Contrere ,You just proved my point. Dale900 has control of his players. They play his style. Haven't you heard of "Hunter Hockey"? The stats you posted show the Rags are a timid bunch, as evidenced in yesterday's game. Today the Rags coach lost control of his players, they stopped playing his game, and they got their asses handed to them on the scoreboard and on the ice.

Reactions: Geff

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
First game of the season in person for me and it took 3hrs.

Take the loss and go home Rags. You were clearly outplayed 2 games in a row. Why act like idiots?

Reactions: LondonLocal

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Doubt there will be video. Cowan just punched the kid with one or two glancing shots and the kid lost his balance. Wasn’t much of a fight.

But Cowan was skating backwards away from the kid and he chased Cowan into the knights zone and forced him to fight.
The Kitchener player skated up to Cowan, and challenged him in response to Sim pummeling Rehkopf...You go after our star, then yours is fair game. So, I understood what was going on. The nasty stuff goes both ways so I don't point the finger at either team....Maybe I'm just getting old, but tonight I just want to try to find a good movie on Netflix that I haven't already seen.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
The Kitchener player skated up to Cowan, and challenged him in response to Sim pummeling Rehkopf...You go after our star, then yours is fair game. So, I understood what was going on. The nasty stuff goes both ways so I don't point the finger at either team....Maybe I'm just getting old, but tonight I just want to try to find a good movie on Netflix that I haven't already seen.
Not a movie, but I've been laughing at Loudermilk all day.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Just stick with the theme and rewatch Slapshot 😁

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Sort of like the hits (elbows) that Landon and McCue threw yesterday in Kitchener and didn't get penalized?
What elbow it was a reverse hit his elbows were down give it a rest and go back under the bridge

London is better down a man look at the short handed goals I rest my case

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Refs did send the wrong message here today, unfortunately. We had an angry team that were frustrated and undisciplined, Ranger Players decided to rough it up, and almost penalties came back out as even for both sides regardless, this sent a message to go open season on knight players since the punishment are evens. Rangers coaches should have had more control on their team for sure, as well should had the refs

Reactions: LondonLocal

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Sorry we are so much stronger

Some people do take this too seriously (I know I’m one to speak), but it’s truly just jr hockey…. Best show in town though
Yes . Serious is one thing. I know my blood was boiling. This is way beyond serious to wish that again. Not sure what someone like that would be capable of.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
It’s an emotional game especially for teenagers. I won’t throw shade at the Kitchener org like so many do to London but sometimes these games happen on home and homes with a blowout. We’ve seen it on the other end once or twice. Remember, we’re just spectators. I do like London’s trajectory right now. London is lucky to have one of the best coaches purchase the franchise many years ago. That’s where the success starts and ends.
Hopefully health and discipline improve going forward for what is hopefully a long playoff run. Cheers to all OHL fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad