London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Want a chuckle? Read the Rags thread. Plenty of people accusing the boys of diving, embelisshing, etc. Like Sim catapulted himself face first into the boards.
Just admit the better team won last night and move on.

Watch the Rogers play on Sim. He lays on the ice for 3 to 5 seconds, makes sure the ref gets the call (he lifts his head and looks directly at him) and then continues to lay there for 30 more seconds to try and get a major. If you are in that much pain after a couple of seconds you aren’t going to bring your head up to look at the ref.

Hats off to London though for being the better team. Rangers top 9 best player was 16 year old Lam. The 4th line was the best and Jussi agreed with the amount of ice time they saw that in that guy. Parsons played great. To even have a chance at a point with 2 minutes left in that game was shocking. But to say they don’t flop / dive / fake injuries is in almost anyone’s eyes but London fans is kind of funny. I’ve watched Jussi interview after every game. He had never used the work “flopping around” but last night he did.

Last edited:

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
Weren’t you the one making a post asking if McCue was on the bus at the trade deadline for some god unknown reason?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCoach

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Watch the Rogers play on Sim. He lays on the ice for 3 to 5 seconds, makes sure the ref gets the call and then continues to lay there for 30 more seconds to try and get a major. If you are in that much pain after a couple of seconds you aren’t going to bring your head up to look at the ref.

But to say they don’t flop / dive / fake injuries is in almost anyone’s eyes but London fans is kind of funny. I’ve watched Jussi interview after every game. He had never used the work “flopping around” but last night he did.
I can guarantee the refs tonight are very much so aware of his antics. I did not like it either. When I saw it happen live I was instantly worried especially given his surgery. And then after he got up he skated into a scrum bumped a guy and went down like he was shot....not a good look to say the least.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
I can guarantee the refs tonight are very much so aware of his antics. I did not like it either. When I saw it happen live I was instantly worried especially given his surgery. And then after he got up he skated into a scrum bumped a guy and went down like he was shot....not a good look to say the least.

I wish I knew how to get the clip off Rogers. Lays there for 4 seconds, lifts head to look to make sure ref got the call (I almost see a smile on his face…) and then continues to lay there for another 30 seconds to try and get a major call. Was it a penalty for a Ranger fan…100%. Was Sim did what most OHL fans see out of Knights too often…100%. Take the 2 minute call (correct call) and move on . That stuff isn’t hockey. Jussi would be pissed if a Ranger did that. Hunter imo praises it or it wouldn’t continue. Either that or he doesn’t have control of his players.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Yeah, not a good look. Wish the Knights didn’t do that stuff but they’re not the only team doing it. They also tried to get the Rangers to bite on a few after the whistle shenanigans but that didn’t work. Stick to hockey.

Reactions: rve24

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I wish I knew how to get the clip off Rogers.
You don't really need to it was clear to see imo anyway? Agree a 100 % with you. However he didn't get the 5 nor did he get the extra 2 when he collided with the Ranger D- man. He did however draw the original 2 which I'm pretty sure most everyone agrees was a penalty? If ole Juicy was hung up on that one not sure what he's complaining about?

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Going to have to learn to keep his mouth shut instead of ranting at officials. Just hurts the team more
Ah there still kids really, he will learn thank goodness it's not the playoffs. But pretty costly as tonight is a big game for us and we will miss his game.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Ah there still kids really, he will learn thank goodness it's not the playoffs. But pretty costly as tonight is a big game for us and we will miss his game.
If there is one thing to complain about, it’s discipline. I’m sure Dale will have them ready in that area come playoffs but until then, it’s annoying.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
You don't really need to it was clear to see imo anyway? Agree a 100 % with you. However he didn't get the 5 nor did he get the extra 2 when he collided with the Ranger D- man. He did however draw the original 2 which I'm pretty sure most everyone agrees was a penalty? If ole Juicy was hung up on that one not sure what he's complaining about?
Did Ahokas complain about that? I only heard his post game on the radio and he blamed his own players for taking penalties, not the officials.
The refs got that one right. It was 2 for boarding.

Reactions: All the Answers

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Did Ahokas complain about that? I only heard his post game on the radio and he blamed his own players for taking penalties, not the officials.
The refs got that one right. It was 2 for boarding.
In Post # 878 above from Jives he mentions Juicy was referring to "flopping around" maybe I misunderstood but it seemed to imply he was speaking of Knights players "flopping around"? Like I say maybe I misunderstood? Agreed 2 for Boarding all game long no intent to ìnjure at all.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Yes, the Rangers are angels, we get it.
If you can watch that game and see that 90% of the post whistle scrums aren't started by the Knights I don't know what to say. Not being snarky, just stating that the Knights played with more edge and it caught up with Denver in this instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad