London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JagrBomb93

Mar 1, 2014
London, Ontario
Great win tonight. It didn’t feel like they were as crisp tonight offensively, but still battled and worked hard to get back in it after going down by 2. They played well defensively and despite a couple softer goals against, Simpson came back to make some big saves! Glad Julian potted one…he had a ton of great looks tonight! Love the physical play from McCue and Sim…just don’t go overboard and take penalties! Another big game tomorrow!

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Great win tonight. It didn’t feel like they were as crisp tonight offensively, but still battled and worked hard to get back in it after going down by 2. They played well defensively and despite a couple softer goals against, Simpson came back to make some big saves! Glad Julian potted one…he had a ton of great looks tonight! Love the physical play from McCue and Sim…just don’t go overboard and take penalties! Another big game tomorrow!
Agreed with everything. Kitchener made it tough for London to penetrate much at times but London buckled down well defensively. Shots were in London’s advantage but I thought Kitchener had some decent scoring chances that Simpson saved. First goal was weaker but that happens with him. Overall, I think we’re seeing the Simpson London traded for.

Reactions: JagrBomb93 and LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
So far, Kaleb Lawrence is proving Mark right, with a point a game and a plus 5

GP G A PTS22 +/-
4 - 2 - 2 = 4 . 5

Reactions: sbpointer

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
It shows on the OHL website that at 20 Minutes of the third BARKEY got a Game Misconduct for Abuse of an Official! Does anyone know what happened with that?

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Did Bolton and Brzustewicz played more than a shift? Didn’t see them
Boulton played a handful through out the first 2 periods, don’t think I saw him in the 3rd though. Brzustewicz didn’t dress.

Great... we don't need any more suspensions :(
My initial thought is, no suspension because it doesn’t have a CAT assigned to it. But I could be wrong, hoping I’m right though!

Edit: after looking, I think it will fall under this rule here. Which allows for supplemental discipline but not automatic.
IMG_8601.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Krangers08

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
It shows on the OHL website that at 20 Minutes of the third BARKEY got a Game Misconduct for Abuse of an Official! Does anyone know what happened with that?
There's a small village in Michigan known as "Hell". Apparently, during the recent cold snap, the village froze over. " Hey Burchell, did you happen to see that Hell froze over last week??? " I guess that means that you'll be expecting a call-up from the NHL.
I suspect that the comment went something like that. :DD :D

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
There's a small village in Michigan known as "Hell". Apparently, during the recent cold snap, the village froze over. " Hey Burchell, did you happen to see that Hell froze over last week??? " I guess that means that you'll be expecting a call-up from the NHL.
Brilliant!!! 😃😃😃

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
The officiating is getting out of hand. You think Burchell and Hutchison are terrible... There's another ref who is a shameless gambling advocate! He wears a sign on the back of his pinstripes that reads: BET.
For some reason, I can't remember his name.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
LONDON KNIGHTS 4-2 WIN
by Ryan Pyette
COMING UP BIG:

Hunter saw the first half of the game as a ‘cat-and-mouse’ feeling-out process between the two rivals.
“Both tried to play good defence,” he said. “We had some breakdowns that (goalie Michael Simpson) came up big on. We’ve got to crack down on those (chances) for the next game.”
The Knights outshot Kitchener every period, but Simpson was up to the challenge when needed. The over-ager was particularly good late following a long run of London power plays in the third.
“You hope for it, I guess,” he said of the frenzied finish. “Mentally, I keep to myself and tell myself what I need to do. It’s getting my eyes on (the puck) early. That’s what (goalie coach Daren Machesney) and I have been talking about during this stretch when things are going right. When my eyes are working, everything else seems to follow.
“We did a good job taking away the back-door threat so I could get aggressive and make that save.”

Reactions: nelli27

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Today is important

SSM is 6-4 in their last 10 and still pacing with us… that’s silly

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
These games would be nice to win but I think the more important thing is the consistent play we’ve seen lately. London is locked into the top four of the conference. Winning the division would be great but it’s not the end of the world if they don’t win it.

Reactions: LDN

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
When you are on a roll it seems nothing can go wrong? I didn't think we looked exceptional but certainly outplayed Kitchener overall and easily did enough to win. Simpson is really starting to shine which is awesome we paid up to get him and if we hope to be in Saginaw representing the OHL as Champions we are going to need him to steal us a "W" or two along the way. Hopefully we can bang out another win and put the Rangers in our rear view in the standings. GO KNIGHTS .....

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
It is nice to see our star players back from the World Tourney, and have Gazizov back as well, but we can't have our bottom six sitting at the back of the bus either. Everyone has a seat, they all arrive and leaves at the same time, no free riders on this bus.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Want a chuckle? Read the Rags thread. Plenty of people accusing the boys of diving, embelisshing, etc. Like Sim catapulted himself face first into the boards.
Just admit the better team won last night and move on.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Want a chuckle? Read the Rags thread. Plenty of people accusing the boys of diving, embelisshing, etc. Like Sim catapulted himself face first into the boards.
The better team did win. If not for Parsons, who was the best player on the ice both teams, we’re looking at a four or five goal spread easy.

Our top six were no shows. When your fourth line and a 16 year old are your best forwards, you won’t win many games.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I find they are the best team board for no excuses as a whole. Sure there may be 1 or 2 but they are solid as a group. I enjoy the non shaded view of the thier team and games I read from most posters. The regulars are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad