London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I was impressed with Van Gorp last night. First time I’ve seen him play. Brought some good energy and hustle, set up a goal. I think he’s earned another game this weekend.
That isn't possible he's on a B card rockets play both Friday and Saturday. He can't play for the knights when his team has a game same day

Reactions: tjziel and LDN

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
I tell ya, the penalties that 13 has been taking…it would be palatable if he was putting up big offensive numbers, but at this point they’re just offensive (2goals 6 assists).
Is there an upgrade available there?

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Great that we got the win, but this team has a TON more to offer. Not sure what’s going on defensively, but we need to clean up

Reactions: Fastpace

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
honestly, we had no business winning that game. George should have stopped that shot.

Knights gotta do something about these penalties. cant play half a period at even strength and expect to win games.

I've never seen a 3 man trap in overtime.

Reactions: Knights77 and LDN

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
honestly, we had no business winning that game. George should have stopped that shot.

Knights gotta do something about these penalties. cant play half a period at even strength and expect to win games.

I've never seen a 3 man trap in overtime.
I think Dale has seen enough of the bad penalties, Halttunen was stapled to the bench for the 3rd, after 2 penalties in the 2nd. Trying to send a message to him and the entire team, If a star player can get benched for it, so can you.

Reactions: LDN and tjziel

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
What did all those poor buggers do to Hunter, to get shipped to hockey purgatory in Niagara ??

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
More undisciplined play leading to "dumb penalties" to quote Doyle. We had stretches of this last season too, but managed to overcome it. Halttunen benched after his 2nd penalty which shows everyone is accountable.
Willmore was solid between the pipes.
Knights PK structure was rather odd, not much coverage down low. OS just couldn't capitalize on most of their PP opportunities.
O'Flaherty not much ice time... Was open for the breakaway but pass couldn't connect.
2 down, 1 to go.

7Wacked

Nov 30, 2019
Today will show some insight into the mental side of this team. 2 long penalty filled games, the special team guys had to play a ton. Now the 3rd game of a 3 in 3. What will be left in the tank? Who will step up? Can we play a disciplined game?

Reactions: nelli27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad