London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Game in hand now, but no doubt London will win that too. Both teams are breaking away from the rest.
To think some experts did not rank Rangers in the top sixteen team of this year's OHL season. With all their recent excellent draft picks the last three years and their returnees, there were no ways this team would be 17th place or lower.

Reactions: zman77

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
What about Gazizov + for Vilmanis from Sarnia? Also could we do picks for Moldenhauer’s rights?

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
RE: World Juniors
We could be without the services of Halttunen (Finland), Cowan, Bonk/George (Canada). I don't know if any of Cowan, Bonk, George will get an invite, just considering the possibility that we could be shorthanded for a few weeks. Canada typically prefers an older roster so Cowan and Bonk would be in tough to make the team. Thoughts?

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
RE: World Juniors
We could be without the services of Halttunen (Finland), Cowan, Bonk/George (Canada). I don't know if any of Cowan, Bonk, George will get an invite, just considering the possibility that we could be shorthanded for a few weeks. Canada typically prefers an older roster so Cowan and Bonk would be in tough to make the team. Thoughts?
Halttunnen is a lock. I’m thinking Team Canada looks at Bonk, Barkey and Cowan get invites to camp. Not sure about George though.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Even if we wanted to get moldenhauer, how would you be able to do it with practically no picks? 100% no to that
Fair … are we that out of picks right now?… all I’m thinking is for his development. The leafs would probably be happy with him in London

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Last game Woolley played I was very impressed with his poise as a rookie call up and mentioned it on here. After watching the game Saturday night, I am going to do something I have never done and offer a ridiculous prediction. Jared Woolley will be the Knights captain as an over ager in the 26-27 season. I am not sure why I have just been super impressed with him in the 2 games I have seen him play. He does the little things + has the size which helps. The strange part is I am normally over critical of our D men that get high praise from others.

Reactions: Harley49 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Last game Woolley played I was very impressed with his poise as a rookie call up and mentioned it on here. After watching the game Saturday night, I am going to do something I have never done and offer a ridiculous prediction. Jared Woolley will be the Knights captain as an over ager in the 26-27 season. I am not sure why I have just been super impressed with him in the 2 games I have seen him play. He does the little things + has the size which helps. The strange part is I am normally over critical of our D men that get high praise from others.
Wow! Bold prediction and let’s hope it comes true

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
The positive..Simpson back to his A game. Dickinson could end up being our best defensemen ever. Gaz played well his handling of the puck has improved. Leonard has his best game so far this year.

The negative..Halttunen can go play for Finland....his game is too 1 dimensional. Nothing he does other than shooting is above average very stupid penalties and losses most puck battles. I disagree with previous post i thought Julien was coasting most of the game..and lost all key faceoffs. Johnston should be on 4th line. 77 must be hurt can not skate did nothing on any shift.

Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The positive..Simpson back to his A game. Dickinson could end up being our best defensemen ever. Gaz played well his handling of the puck has improved. Leonard has his best game so far this year.

The negative..Halttunen can go play for Finland....his game is too 1 dimensional. Nothing he does other than shooting is above average very stupid penalties and losses most puck battles. I disagree with previous post i thought Julien was coasting most of the game..and lost all key faceoffs. Johnston should be on 4th line. 77 must be hurt can not skate did nothing on any shift.
The level of knowledge of this poster above is at an all time low. I am willing to bet there are many top level defencemans that played on this team long before this poster was born in order to make such claim. I'll agree Gaz and Leonard played extremely well lately but don't know if the poster watched the same games as the rest of us this past weekend. Show us a player not tired after 3 in 3 weekend that don't make mental errors and doesn't have jello legs in game 3 at this high level of intensity.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
The level of knowledge of this poster above is at an all time low. I am willing to bet there are many top level defencemans that played on this team long before this poster was born in order to make such claim. I'll agree Gaz and Leonard played extremely well lately but don't know if the poster watched the same games as the rest of us this past weekend. Show us a player not tired after 3 in 3 weekend that don't make mental errors and doesn't have jello legs in game 3 at this high level of intensity.
I’m not going to attack the guy but I agree with you on this for sure. No way I’m subtracting Halttunen from this team. He’s the reason our PP is not subpar.

Reactions: Fastpace

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
The negative..Halttunen can go play for Finland....his game is too 1 dimensional. Nothing he does other than shooting is above average
I really think we haven't found his linemates quite yet. Brett Hull, Mike Bossy couple of just a few names who made it big in the NHL with simply an amazing shot. Give our guy time still haven't seen him hit his stride in North America yet imo anyway?

Reactions: Fastpace

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Halttunnen is a lock. I’m thinking Team Canada looks at Bonk, Barkey and Cowan get invites to camp. Not sure about George though.
No disrespect intended but I don't think Barkey is a top 12 forward jn Canada? Great player and certainly above average but not quite at that elite level in my mind? Same goes for Bonk top 7 on defense for the country?

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
No disrespect intended but I don't think Barkey is a top 12 forward jn Canada? Great player and certainly above average but not quite at that elite level in my mind? Same goes for Bonk top 7 on defense for the country?
I think Bonk gets a look, but doesn’t make the team. I think Cowan is the only Knight on Canada. I think we will also send Halt to Finland

Woody Dumart

Oct 25, 2023
I agree. They’re good but not quite there yet as 18 year olds. Nor is Cowan. Have no idea what Finland thinks about Halttunen.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Halttunen can use Worlds as further development. People forget it’s a different game over here and we are what 15 games in? It takes time to develop so patience ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille