London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pxp guy is one if the most respected in the league...long family ties and very very knowledgeable...calls the game fair for both sides with a SLIGHT touch of hometown...more than I can say for almost anyone else
Coupled with the colour guy it doesn't make for a good broadcast team. Google is your friend...do your homework before games. To spew incorrect information all game deadens the whole broadcast. If the knowledge is in the booth...at least correct the errors

Reactions: TheCoach

Billyjack

Aug 25, 2018
Kitchener -Waterloo
Wow, you guys complaining about the TV guys, did you ever watch a Knights broadcast. Old Sloany and Doyle, brutal, remind me of the 2 old muppets in the balcony. I mute it and listen to radio.

Reactions: The Howler
Wow, you guys complaining about the TV guys, did you ever watch a Knights broadcast. Old Sloany and Doyle, brutal, remind me of the 2 old muppets in the balcony. I mute it and listen to radio.
Yep...I call them out too

check that

no that's right...I call them out too

I don't know what everyone is getting up and in tight about

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
I think Bowen was pulled too early. It felt like the Knights were fully capable of tying it 5 on 5 with something like 2:32 left. Hindsight is 20/20 of course.
I totally agree, I am never a fan of pulling the goalie that early on a face off. For me it wasn’t so much the time, but like I said the face off. Face offs all night were 50/50, so you are taking a 50/50 shot you win it and get possession. With that much time on the clock, I would have rather seen them have possession in the zone then pull him.

Granted, they did win the face off, Dickinson just couldn’t get control of a bouncing puck. But that’s why in my opinion, when you have over 2 mins on the clock, wait till you get full possession then pull him.

Reactions: Harley49

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Well they tried to come back. I think the game is different if one of the “posts” goes in instead of out. Especially Winterton’s first one. 1-0 then before we shit the bed. Bowen’s rebound control was awful and the gaff on playing the puck to his left when Dickenson was on his right was bad. That said he was due for a down game and the boys tried to bail him out. On to Guelph tomorrow to start a new winning streak.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I totally agree, I am never a fan of pulling the goalie that early on a face off. For me it wasn’t so much the time, but like I said the face off. Face offs all night were 50/50, so you are taking a 50/50 shot you win it and get possession. With that much time on the clock, I would have rather seen them have possession in the zone then pull him.

Granted, they did win the face off, Dickinson just couldn’t get control of a bouncing puck. But that’s why in my opinion, when you have over 2 mins on the clock, wait till you get full possession then pull him.
Unfortunately Hendy & TheOrangePylon this is an after the fact comment once the Attack scored the empty-netter. The problem was not at the 2 1/2 minute mark from the end of the game, it was at dressing room preparation before game start. Cheers !

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Unfortunately Hendy & TheOrangePylon this is an after the fact comment once the Attack scored the empty-netter. The problem was not at the 2 1/2 minute mark from the end of the game, it was at dressing room preparation before game start. Cheers !
I don’t think either of us believe this was the reason they lost the game, just a comment regarding what we believe in the moment was a questionable coaching decision. I will never agree with pulling the goalie with that much time on the clock on a face off, even if they had scored right away. Before the puck dropped, I said to my wife I didn’t like pulling the goalie off the face off.

But like you said, this was not the reason they lost the game. The game was lost in their terrible start and poor goaltending performance.

Reactions: Hendy and zman77

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
This all the Mailloux drama anyone see him coming back next year? I'd say if he does I expect 80-90 point season

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Slow starts are going to be the death of this team come playoff time. Look interested at least ffs. Don‘t just sit back and wait until you’re down to turn it on.
And where has McGurn been lately? 3 points in the last 6 games? And not even a reliable faceoff guy anymore. Sorry.... Not going to cut it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCoach

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
This all the Mailloux drama anyone see him coming back next year? I'd say if he does I expect 80-90 point season
I don't see Mailloux back next year, he'll be in Laval for some hard defensive pro-level seasonning. Offensively he will have nothing to prove at junior level anymore, and I doubt he'll be NHL ready

Knights played well in Guelph given it was their third game in 2 1/2 days, they kept it close and even had a chance to win it up to 1 minute left in the game. They came out hard from the start, fatigue errors capitalized by Guelph help beating the Knights. With fresh legs Guelph wouldn't beat the same level to London, let see if Guelph goes on a winning streak until they meet London. I am happy with London's effort in this game

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
I would agree the Knights need to do something about these tepid starts.

And there are some among us who who need to tone down expectations.

Reactions: StormWatcher

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
I would agree the Knights need to do something about these tepid starts.

Last season the team was eliminated first round. Anything beyond a first round exit, is an improvement. Personally, given what they've shown to date, I fully expect they'll achieve that, and then some. Last season, I only renewed my playoff tickets for the 1st round. This year, I'm considering buying the whole package.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I don't see Mailloux back next year, he'll be in Laval for some hard defensive pro-level seasonning. Offensively he will have nothing to prove at junior level anymore, and I doubt he'll be NHL ready

Knights played well in Guelph given it was their third game in 2 1/2 days, they kept it close and even had a chance to win it up to 1 minute left in the game. They came out hard from the start, fatigue errors capitalized by Guelph help beating the Knights. With fresh legs Guelph wouldn't beat the same level to London, let see if Guelph goes on a winning streak until they meet London. I am happy with London's effort in this game

The streak is still young, but this is Guelph's fourth in a row.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

Wise words Fastpace!!
Every team in the OHL get jacked up to play the Knights.
It's a long season for the Boys. They train hard, prepare diligently and still go to school.
They're playing good teams who do the same. We're very fortunate to have Dale and Mark as mentors.
By the way: This game was a coin flip. It was a good one.
Cowboy Easton Cowan is impressing me more and more with his Game.

Nice speed and great shot!!

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Yep...I call them out too

check that

no that's right...I call them out too

I don't know what everyone is getting up and in tight about
With all due respect, you are a champion for mental health and anti bullying, I’m surprised how outspoken and hard you are on some. Just an observation

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The streak is still young, but this is Guelph's fourth in a row.
I know that, I have noticed the past few years a London loss to a team has sort of been used to spring up a winning streak by the team that beat them, and that also included the Storms as well. You can easily check it for yourself by going back through years at the OHL site.

Reactions: zman77

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I agree from the aspect that there are a few teams in the West that can potentially come out and qualify for the OHL final. At this point Windsor and Sarnia we know have wagered the future for this seasons playoff success. Not to mention Flint, Saginaw and OS all have solid teams. Then you have a Rangers team that is so much more potentially then they have shown? This was one of the major reasons I was happy we didn’t commit “deadline suicide”. We added early and have a real “team” that could go on an epic run or meet a very good team that is on a roll and go out earlier then hoped? London is a fun team to watch and we know should finish lower then second so should get a favourable first round matchup. The last 2 games certainly would have been nice to have banked maximum points BUT neither OS or Guelph are pushovers. All good in my books just makes it a little more critical we rebound well and play the “big boys” tough on the road!!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Not so well away from the BUD, I thought we were talking about broadcasters. I'm praying for a London/ Kitchener matchup come playoffs
Do you feel at all the the Rangers vs Knights rivalry has lost a bit of its appeal lately? I am probably more excited about a Knights vs Spits / Sting playoff series to be honest? It’s not that I think the Knights are far superior to the Rangers quite frankly it’s just nothing all that special anymore? Cheers good luck the rest of the way ……

Reactions: Harley49
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad