London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Londoner Knight

Aug 31, 2016
London Ont
Yep...I call them out too

check that

no that's right...I call them out too

I don't know what everyone is getting up and in tight about
You should all stop complaining about the quality work of Sloany and Doyle. They put in a yeoman's work for every game, check that...for every broadcast of the Knights campaign....or is it a season, or campaign....or schedule, or....ugh, I truly give up.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I don't see Mailloux back next year, he'll be in Laval for some hard defensive pro-level seasonning.
I would agree 100% IF he didn’t have the baggage he had from the whole “incident”. Montreal kind of pulled a “fast one” when they drafted him and somehow need to appease all the negative BS that will follow this kid along his journey to the NHL. From a PR perspective making him wait until he has no junior eligibility left and then moving him into the AHL may be the easiest path for the team? I would also not be surprised if the NHL will weigh in (behind the scenes) on his path from a league constantly it seems in the news of todays “cancel culture” news?

Reactions: Fastpace

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Do you feel at all the the Rangers vs Knights rivalry has lost a bit of its appeal lately? I am probably more excited about a Knights vs Spits / Sting playoff series to be honest? It’s not that I think the Knights are far superior to the Rangers quite frankly it’s just nothing all that special anymore? Cheers good luck the rest of the way ……
I think up until the playoff "upset" last season the rivalry faded somewhat. That's what happens when one team consistently gets the better of the other. If London and Kitchener meet this year in the playoffs I think it will be game on again.

(I say "upset" because despite it being a 2 vs 7 most weren't really that surprised)

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I would agree 100% IF he didn’t have the baggage he had from the whole “incident”. Montreal kind of pulled a “fast one” when they drafted him and somehow need to appease all the negative BS that will follow this kid along his journey to the NHL. From a PR perspective making him wait until he has no junior eligibility left and then moving him into the AHL may be the easiest path for the team? I would also not be surprised if the NHL will weigh in (behind the scenes) on his path from a league constantly it seems in the news of todays “cancel culture” news?
You are right about all the bs that will follow him, my comment was based at the skill level I see him at the present. Remembering he has lost a lot of games due to suspension and injuries, he needs a lot more seasoning before he reach NHL level, it's not his offensive skills that will hold him down. NHL is a very popular league, for good or bad the Press and the politicians will stick like glue to the league to advance their own popularities

Reactions: Buttsy and zman77

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
For what it’s worth as well, he’s currently not approved to play in the NHL. Still needs to apply for reinstatement, which will require a hearing and whatever other steps necessary.

One would think, if he applied after playing 1.5 years in the OHL post incident, he would be reinstated. But you never know, the NHL has to worry about its image. So there is that wrinkle to everything as well, that could have him back in London.

Billyjack

Aug 25, 2018
Kitchener -Waterloo
Do you feel at all the the Rangers vs Knights rivalry has lost a bit of its appeal lately? I am probably more excited about a Knights vs Spits / Sting playoff series to be honest? It’s not that I think the Knights are far superior to the Rangers quite frankly it’s just nothing all that special anymore? Cheers good luck the rest of the way ……
It's just fun to watch, win or lose it can get pretty intense. You're right it has lost a bit of appeal but still my favourite matchup to watch.

Reactions: Buttsy and zman77

Harley49

Nov 13, 2019
On The Glass
Not a good weekend .. slow starts.. not playing a full 60 minutes….PP 2/7 in the 2 losses against OS and Guelph….I’ve noticed lately that we’re not as dominant in the face off circle compared to earlier in the season…..next up Windsor and Sarnia ….. we definitely have some improvements to work on before Thursday….

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
I think up until the playoff "upset" last season the rivalry faded somewhat. That's what happens when one team consistently gets the better of the other. If London and Kitchener meet this year in the playoffs I think it will be game on again.

(I say "upset" because despite it being a 2 vs 7 most weren't really that surprised)
I recall Brochu playing hurt in that series after getting hurt sometime earlier in Kitchener.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
That's one of the reasons the "upset" wasn't a surprise. Another was a lack of scoring depth.
The Rangers played a well earned series against the Knights, deserving full credit for their win. A team's excuse to lose should never fall onto one player alone, yes Brochu was playing hurt and that was more the reason for his teammates to help him out, covering for him and pick up the pace, it's a team game and in the end they did not play like a team. It will be a much different Knights team this year in the series

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
With all due respect, you are a champion for mental health and anti bullying, I’m surprised how outspoken and hard you are on some. Just an observation
Question. Do the people that do the play by play in the OHL and the between periods interviews etc. get paid by the teams, broadcasters or at all ? Or are they volunteers ?

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Question. Do the people that do the play by play in the OHL and the between periods interviews etc. get paid by the teams, broadcasters or at all ? Or are they volunteers ?
I think our guys are volunteers through Rogers TV.

The crew is new this year outside of Mark.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

LOL, was just going to post Windsor, Sarnia and Barrie all on the road ... could really have used those lost points in the past 2 games! Oh well this team somehow always seems to answer the bell? Granted this bell however is definitely a LOUD one.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Not to mention the Knights playing without Mailloux, George and Federkow due to injuries....

True enough but the better team iced won the series. Let's be better than using "legendary factors" to make excuses. Not saying u are.
The better team won n deserves a tip of the cap for battling back and being first to 4 wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad