London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harley49

Nov 13, 2019
On The Glass
The schedule till the end of the month consists of 4 home games and 4 on the road …… we play Guelph Windsor Owen Sound and Kitchener at the Bud …. then Kitchener Peterborough Ottawa and Kingston on the road …. hopefully we can go 6-2 on the final stretch of January…..it’s not going to be easy with any of the 8 teams ….

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
The schedule till the end of the month consists of 4 home games and 4 on the road …… we play Guelph Windsor Owen Sound and Kitchener at the Bud …. then Kitchener Peterborough Ottawa and Kingston on the road …. hopefully we can go 6-2 on the final stretch of January…..it’s not going to be easy with any of the 8 teams ….
If we can manage to get 6 wins out of that group I’d be happy

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Brochu is 15 wins back of Michael Housers 93 for top spot. Do you think he’ll do it?

Reactions: zman77

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Yes to Brochu breaking Mike’s record. It would be awesome if he was here to pass the torch. Awesome kid and really liked him. To achieve what he achieved with club feet disability is really something special.

Harley49

Nov 13, 2019
On The Glass
Brochu is 15 wins back of Michael Housers 93 for top spot. Do you think he’ll do it?
Yes ….. records are made to be broken 😊

Attachments

• 7D0A8E4C-C67D-4444-9F28-3A1D8BADCD84.jpeg
    7D0A8E4C-C67D-4444-9F28-3A1D8BADCD84.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 5

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Hope so! Would be really cool. Would he cement himself as the best Knights goalie of all time?
He'll need help from his team in front of him, also he'll need to win 4 playoffs series and three Memorial cup games to take Houser's crease away from him. Other than that his numbers are very close. Is this team as good as the 2012 era team ? I like his chances

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
my guesses for the Knights in 2023:

Midwest division champs
3rd or 4th round OHL Playoffs

Import draft: Aaron Kiviharju
Priority Selection: Lane Sim (not sure what round)
Commitments: Kiviharju, Halttunnen, Hagens

V0te for Radek Bonker Jr for the Prospects All Star Game!!

Really love this core of Barkey, Cowan and Bonk they seem to all be loving life and having a blast. They all exude happiness. They love being Knights

Reactions: zman77

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Hope so! Would be really cool. Would he cement himself as the best Knights goalie of all time?
I personally think the best goalie to wear a Knights jersey was Adam Dennis, he was an absolute stud in Guelph, and then came to a really good London team and played really really well for 1.5 years. It has always puzzled me how he never turned into an NHL goaltender.

But his career as a Knight was shorter then most and didn't start in London, so I don't think he is the best Knight goalie of all time. There are names like Gene Chiarello who has the most games played by a long shot to go along with great stats or as mentioned Micahel Houser with the most wins and Tyler Parsons who was phenomenal. Brochu is also up there on the list, and will become the all time leader in wins. His stats could have also been insane, had he not lost a season and a half to the pandemic, but that's a what if.

But in my eyes, the best born and raised Knights goalie to not only wear the uniform, but go on and have a solid pro career is Steve Mason. To me, he passed the eye test of being a really good goalie and went on to have good pro success, which for some reason the Knights do not produce goalies who translate to pro, like they do players.

Bonus stat on Mason, he is also the Knights all time leader in points by a goalie, with 11. But Parsons has the distinction of being the only Goalie with a Goal.

So my top 5 list would be;

1. Steve Mason
2. Michael Houser
3. Gene Chiarello
4. Brett Brochu
5. Tyler Parsons

HM: Pat Riggin

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I personally think the best goalie to wear a Knights jersey was Adam Dennis, he was an absolute stud in Guelph, and then came to a really good London team and played really really well for 1.5 years. It has always puzzled me how he never turned into an NHL goaltender.

But his career as a Knight was shorter then most and didn't start in London, so I don't think he is the best Knight goalie of all time. There are names like Gene Chiarello who has the most games played by a long shot to go along with great stats or as mentioned Micahel Houser with the most wins and Tyler Parsons who was phenomenal. Brochu is also up there on the list, and will become the all time leader in wins. His stats could have also been insane, had he not lost a season and a half to the pandemic, but that's a what if.

But in my eyes, the best born and raised Knights goalie to not only wear the uniform, but go on and have a solid pro career is Steve Mason. To me, he passed the eye test of being a really good goalie and went on to have good pro success, which for some reason the Knights do not produce goalies who translate to pro, like they do players.

Bonus stat on Mason, he is also the Knights all time leader in points by a goalie, with 11. But Parsons has the distinction of being the only Goalie with a Goal.

So my top 5 list would be;

1. Steve Mason
2. Michael Houser
3. Gene Chiarello
4. Brett Brochu
5. Tyler Parsons

HM: Pat Riggin
Although they played one season each for the London Knights both had long NHL careers , I am speaking of Gilles Gilbert and Daniel Bouchard (Daniel was my Peewee team goalie back in 1962-63). Like Pat Riggin they were small goalies wearing 18 to 20lb of equipments, fast especially Riggin and Gilbert were as lightning in nets, needed quick reflexes back in the days. unlike today your smallest player on teams were your goaltenders

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Off topic.... After watching 1 period of Wright and Harrison vs 2 games of Winterton and Humphrey I am even more convinced that the Hunter's sh!t the bed at the TDL. My gut feeling is that if Windsor gets even half decent goaltending the second half of the season they will wipe up the Western Conference. I hope not but time will tell.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Geez Knights Watcher why so negative. Let’s not criticize Mr. Hunter until the season is over. I get the fact that you think he should have sent Bonk, Testa and either Barkey or Cowan and all our picks for those two. I for one am happy with the players we got and with this team. Let’s wait to see how Winterton is after 15 games. You forget he hasn’t played in 7 1/2 months. What was it 2 players and 15 draft picks for 2 players. One and done for Wright and possibly the same for Harrison. I am glad Mark didn’t get stupid and destroy the core and part with our remaining picks.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
I don’t recall anyone single handedly stealing as many games as Adam Dennis. He was incredible and the highlight reel save to boot. After that it’s Steve Mason, then Tyler Parsons, then Houser then Brochu. But Brochu should end up with the record and he deserves it. He’s been a solid keeper for us.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Geez Knights Watcher why so negative. Let’s not criticize Mr. Hunter until the season is over. I get the fact that you think he should have sent Bonk, Testa and either Barkey or Cowan and all our picks for those two. I for one am happy with the players we got and with this team. Let’s wait to see how Winterton is after 15 games. You forget he hasn’t played in 7 1/2 months. What was it 2 players and 15 draft picks for 2 players. One and done for Wright and possibly the same for Harrison. I am glad Mark didn’t get stupid and destroy the core and part with our remaining picks.
I'm negative because I feel we were one piece away from going over the top this year. Sometimes you have to go all in to win. Who knows what the future holds. Like I said, time will tell and I hope I'm wrong.

Ugggh... another one for the pile
Ugggh. Another one that thinks his opinion is the only one that matters.

Reactions: BobHockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad