London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Victor Mete to join Team Canada's Selection Camp
ahead of World Juniors

The 19-year-old defenseman appeared in 27 games for the Canadiens after cracking the roster out of training camp

by Staff Writer
@CanadiensMTL / canadiens.com

cut.jpg

MONTREAL - The Canadiens announced on Monday that defenseman Victor Mete will join Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp ahead of the 2018 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship.
The four-day camp will be held from December 12-15 at the Meridian Centre in St. Catharines, ON.
Following the camp, a final group of 22 players will be selected to sport Canada's colors at the annual event, which will be held from December 26 - January 5 in Buffalo, NY.
"We've made the decision to allow
Victor Mete to join Team Canada's Selection Camp to give him an opportunity to participate in a very beneficial experience for his development. The World Junior Hockey Championship is a very elite and very competitive tournament, and this can be a very rewarding opportunity for a young player," said Canadiens general manager, Marc Bergevin.
In 27 games with the Canadiens during the 2017-18 campaign, Mete collected four assists, while amassing a plus-5 differential. The 19-year-old Woodbridge, ON native averaged 14:52 of ice time per game on the back end.
Mete was a fourth-round pick of the Canadiens, 100th overall, in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft.
Victor Mete to join Team Canada's Selection Camp ahead of World Juniors

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
0dao5fzY_bigger.jpg
Bob McKenzie‏Verified account @TSNBobMcKenzie
5h5 hours
Bob McKenzie‏Verified account @TSNBobMcKenzie
5h5 hours ago
I would think, barring an apocalyptically poor camp performance by any of them,
Team CAN core 4 on blue line will be three returnees —

Clague, Fabbro, Bean — and Mete

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Now what is the historical data when it comes NHL loaners to the tournament? How many were kept up vs. How many sent to JR.?

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
My lineup guess for the Knights without Thomas, Jones, Formenton

Miletic-Pu-Tymkin
Rollo-Foudy-Nelson
Whittaker-Turko-Cottam
Duhart-Moskal-Rowe

Bouchard-Regula
Golden-Collins
Perrott-Coome

Raaymakers
Kooy

Man do we ever need to trade a few picks for some vets.....These young guys aren't quite there yet. On defence I really like Regula, and Perrott. They have high potential

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014

Miletic-Pu-Tymkin
Rollo-Foudy-Nelson
Whittaker-Turko-Cottam
Duhart-Moskal-Rowe

Bouchard-Regula
Golden-Collins
Perrott-Coome

Raaymakers
Kooy

Man do we ever need to trade a few picks for some vets.....These young guys aren't quite there yet. On defence I really like Regula, and Perrott. They have high potential
Jones will be in the line up tomorow

Reactions: LDN

TF519

Jun 9, 2014

Miletic-Pu-Tymkin
Rollo-Foudy-Nelson
Whittaker-Turko-Cottam
Duhart-Moskal-Rowe

Bouchard-Regula
Golden-Collins
Perrott-Coome

Raaymakers
Kooy

I expect them to go 11/7 during the WJC. Would be nice to see Emmett Pierce get a game or two as he's having a strong season with Strathroy and has to be better than Cottam, Duhart or Whittaker.

Reactions: LDN

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Miletic-Pu-Tymkin
Rollo-Foudy-Nelson
Whittaker-Turko-Cottam
Duhart-Moskal-Rowe

Bouchard-Regula
Golden-Collins
Perrott-Coome

Raaymakers
Kooy

Never fun when you're icing a forward group with 10 guys that are at best, 4th liners on a contending team...

Reactions: shanewalsh

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I expect them to go 11/7 during the WJC. Would be nice to see Emmett Pierce get a game or two as he's having a strong season with Strathroy and has to be better than Cottam, Duhart or Whittaker.
big guy as well 6'6" lets see what he can do

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Post WJC Ideal Roster aka probably not going to happen at all, but would be nice.

Miletic-Thomas-Raddysh/Tippett
Jones-Pu-Formenton
Kislinger(Import)-Pezetta/Mcleod-Tymkin
Pilon-Commisso-Pilon

Mete-Hague
Bouchard-Regula
Moverare(Import)-Collins

Raaymakers
Ingham

Haha I know I will get some hate for this, but its obviously a fantasy type of roster. Even if they got half of those guys it would take a boatload of picks and is highly unlikely to happen, but would put us into a good position

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Post WJC Ideal Roster aka probably not going to happen at all, but would be nice.

Jones-Pu-Formenton
Pilon-Commisso-Pilon

Mete-Hague
Bouchard-Regula
Moverare(Import)-Collins

Raaymakers
Ingham

Haha I know I will get some hate for this, but its obviously a fantasy type of roster. Even if they got half of those guys it would take a boatload of picks and is highly unlikely to happen, but would put us into a good position
wont see them pick up two imports because that would mean giving up the rights to Boqvist I do believe

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London

Jones-Pu-Formenton
Pilon-Commisso-Pilon

Mete-Hague
Bouchard-Regula
Moverare(Import)-Collins

Raaymakers
Ingham

Possibly 7 new players on this roster?? Better keep this a dream......

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Formenton - Thomas - Miletic
Tkachuk - McLeod - Tippett
Jones - Pu - Rollo
Whittaker - Nelson - Tymkin

Mete - Regula
Moverare - Bouchard
Perrott - Collins

Gone are: Foudy, Rowe, Golden 3 second round picks and 2 third round picks. (Realistically that what it’s gonna take to make this trade at least plausible value wise).

This is the kind of team it’s going to take to challenge the Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds. If Tkachuk or Mete don’t show up, sell off. But it’s one stop shopping with the Steelheads if we need to beef up for another title run....

PS -this is what it looks like when you dream..... ;)

Reactions: TheCoach

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
pipe dream but if Mete, Tkachuk and Boqvist show up this team would be very close and id put them over SSM but wont likely happen but you never know:sarcasm:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Formenton - Thomas - Miletic
Tkachuk - McLeod - Tippett
Jones - Pu - Rollo
Whittaker - Nelson - Tymkin

Mete - Regula
Moverare - Bouchard
Perrott - Collins

Gone are: Foudy, Rowe, Golden 3 second round picks and 2 third round picks. (Realistically that what it’s gonna take to make this trade at least plausible value wise).

This is the kind of team it’s going to take to challenge the Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds. If Tkachuk or Mete don’t show up, sell off. But it’s one stop shopping with the Steelheads if we need to beef up for another title run....

PS -this is what it looks like when you dream..... ;)

Did you forget goaltenders and Moskal ?

There is absolutely no way can we bring in new players and push Pu and Jones out of top six and still have a happy team. It's never going to happen, we tried similar stunts like this before and didn't work so well remember.

We need one goal scoring top six RH winger, one top four LD and one playoffs experience goalie on top of what we have presently. Our bottom six have been playing much better then their record shows, it's just a matter of time for their offence to come around and start producing.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Hey, and just reported; Marner is being sent back to the Knights because of his lack of production. Also hearing that Tkachuk is being sent back to London because of his lack of discipline.
Wow , what a roster you guys will have now!!!

Reactions: TheCoach and zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad