London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I only drink when I read the posts on this forum

PP if you ever feel the need to unload, private message me anytime. Even if I am your most hateful shit-disturber trouble-making and out of wack devils advocate. Drinks will make it forget in the short term but will not make post go completely away.

I also lost my 92 yr old father two years ago also in St Thomas, I know the feeling. Take time to celebrate his wonderful life as you are sending him off on his last journey.

PP if you ever feel the need to unload, private message me anytime. Even if I am your most hateful ****-disturber trouble-making and out of wack devils advocate. Drinks will make it forget in the short term but will not make post go completely away.

I also lost my 92 yr old father two years ago also in St Thomas, I know the feeling. Take time to celebrate his wonderful life as you are sending him off on his last journey.
Only thing I can ask of you is to not jump to conclusions by anointing yourself my least desired poster here

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Go ahead and fill up that shopping cart - just remember when you get to the check out you need something to pay with.

It's not that we don't have assets (Rowe, Foudy, Golden, Moskal, 2 second round picks, 3 third round picks. I just think we are on the fence about next year or this year. Still hesitate to give up Foudy, but if Mississauga doesn't turn it around by trade deadline, they have to be sellers.... You would have to think Owen Tippett and Michael McLeod would be on the table and Jacob Moverare (Swedish import). And that would be called one stop shopping.

Reactions: LDN
It's not that we don't have assets (Rowe, Foudy, Golden, Moskal, 2 second round picks, 3 third round picks. I just think we are on the fence about next year or this year. Still hesitate to give up Foudy, but if Mississauga doesn't turn it around by trade deadline, they have to be sellers.... You would have to think Owen Tippett and Michael McLeod would be on the table and Jacob Moverare (Swedish import). And that would be called one stop shopping.
Add Kooy to the mix and try to pry Ingram as well

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Is there a way we can create a poll on here as to whether we should sell, buy or stand pat this year?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
One of the biggest reason Montreal is able to release Mete to Team Canada is they are very happy with recently called up Jacub Jerabek's play since Nov 22. He along with Mete and Joe Morrow were fighting for the Canadien's sixth defender spot, if Morrow is not sent to AHL Laval Rockets it can only mean Mete is the extra at number 8 and should likely be returned to junior after WJC. If someone can read and translate just check this Journal de Montreal article about Jerabek (I will translate one paragraph) ;

Jakub Jerabek veut s’ancrer à Montréal

(written before this morning news on Mete)
Jerabek se bat encore pour un poste de régulier à la ligne bleue du CH. Il se retrouve au cœur d’une lutte avec Victor Mete et Joe Morrow pour le poste de sixième défenseur.
Translation
Jerabek is still fighting for a regular spot on the CH blue line. He find himself in the middle of a wrestling match with Victor Mete and Joe Morrow for the sixth defenseman spot.

-With the send off of Mete it means either Jerabek or Morrow are at the sith and/or seventh pots. Since Montreal leave the 8th spot open for future AHL call ups, it's pretty much seals Mete's fate after WJC.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Is there a way we can create a poll on here as to whether we should sell, buy or stand pat this year?

There are no need for a poll after this latest news of this morning, onless if it's for who is coming to London for the playoffs big push

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Okay I think we need to start making moves prior to the WJC so that we can start to build the chemistry before other teams who are in go for it mode. I think with our assets we should be able to get another top 6 forward and two top 4 defensemen. Who is available right now? I know Flint is a seller, Mississauga has to consider being a seller, Erie looks like a seller, Sudbury should sell, North Bay should sell, but I dont think they will, Oshawa should do a minor sell. So out of those teams players who should we target?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Okay I think we need to start making moves prior to the WJC so that we can start to build the chemistry before other teams who are in go for it mode. I think with our assets we should be able to get another top 6 forward and two top 4 defensemen. Who is available right now? I know Flint is a seller, Mississauga has to consider being a seller, Erie looks like a seller, Sudbury should sell, North Bay should sell, but I dont think they will, Oshawa should do a minor sell. So out of those teams players who should we target?

I wouldn't mind seeing RH Taylor Raddysh in London, although Mete does not have the hardest left shot he does have accuracy and a whole toolbox of qualities to fill in what is missing on the left side. PP mentioned this morning the need for another experience goalie, it makes a lot of sense as we can't go in with only one, in case of injury to our top puck stopper.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
LDN; An Attack fan here.
I'm thinking if OS cannot make a deal for an established goaltender we might see a "sell off". IMO, they may be willing to deal a couple of players that would fit into your lineup nicely and may be the pieces needed to put the Knights over the top.
1. A top line forward - LW 98 Jonah Gadjovich/ NHL Vancouver - quite possibly could be the best "all around" forward in the league. He really does have it all.
2. A top 2-3 defender - LD 97 Jacob Friend/ NHL Los Angeles - tough as nails, best body checker voted last season.
Wondering your thoughts as to what London fans think?
What would opinions be on the return for these 2 players if they were dealt here.

Reactions: shanewalsh and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
LDN; An Attack fan here.
I'm thinking if OS cannot make a deal for an established goaltender we might see a "sell off". IMO, they may be willing to deal a couple of players that would fit into your lineup nicely and may be the pieces needed to put the Knights over the top.
1. A top line forward - LW 98 Jonah Gadjovich/ NHL Vancouver - quite possibly could be the best "all around" forward in the league. He really does have it all.
2. A top 2-3 defender - LD 97 Jacob Friend/ NHL Los Angeles - tough as nails, best body checker voted last season.
What would opinions be on the return for these 2 players if they were dealt here.
Suzuki would also look good in a Knights uniform. For Gadjovich and Friend I could see a package that includes Tyler Rollo(OA), Liam Foudy and a bunch of picks.....I wonder if Gadjovich and Jones would get along after last year? :popcorn:

Reactions: TheCoach

RWML67

Aug 22, 2017
LDN; An Attack fan here.
Owen Sound isn’t selling. You will get a goaltender.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
If we get Mete we need one defenceman. I'd like someone like Headrick:

Mete-Headrick
Regula-Bouchard
Perrott-Collins

We definitely need 2 forwards at minimum though. 2F+1D+BUG.

Reactions: TheCoach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad