London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
SSM has to be one of the most loaded teams in recent memory not to win an OHL title, if not the Memorial Cup (2014 Guelph Storm also comes to mind).

Let this be a lesson to all that the presence of a super team in the conference shouldn't deter you from trying to make a run if you have a good core as well.

Reactions: TheCoach

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
ljNlwjNk_bigger.jpg
Brendan Ross ‏ @[COLOR=#000000]RossyYoungblood[/[/COLOR]USER][B][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] [URL='https://twitter.com/RossyYoungblood/status/995770568166141952'][U][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]4h4 hours ago[/COLOR][/U][/URL]

All class from Robert Thomas as he received J Ross Robertson from captain Lemcke
and immediately hands it to overages Ryan Moore[/COLOR][/B]

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
SSM has to be one of the most loaded teams in recent memory not to win an OHL title, if not the Memorial Cup (2014 Guelph Storm also comes to mind).

Let this be a lesson to all that the presence of a super team in the conference shouldn't deter you from trying to make a run if you have a good core as well.
Yes one of the most loaded teams in recent memory with 6 rookies:huh:

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Yes one of the most loaded teams in recent memory with 6 rookies:huh:

They were a loaded squad, rookies or not lol. Lots of NHL picks, high end players.....They ran away from the league during reg season, had most SSM fans n posters thinking the PO title was a forgone conclusion, and any adversity was a result of league conspiracy or the team not trying for 60 min in SSM posters minds........
Sounds like grasping for excuses. Sometimes the better team wins.
Fact was they were not as head n shoulders above the competition as many had thought.
2 game 7s just to earn the right to compete for the OHL title.
Better team won.
Other teams have won with rookies and kids in yr 2 without much PT in the lineup before. (Lots of examples, look it up, should not be an excuse). I've said before often- ask HL ;)
Age doesn't matter, contribution does, and by all accounts SSM did well reg season.
Fact is, they had a great, dominate reg season that didn't translate to PO supremacy. No excuses needed.
They were not good enough.

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Mock Draft 2018 NHL
#7 Vancouver Canucks – Evan Bouchard (D) – London (OHL)

I’m a massive Bouchard fan, and have been since I started watching a ton of Knights games this year. He’s a good skater, efficient puck mover, and an excellent offensive catalyst able to drive a ton of offense off his shot. He has had historically remarkable production for a defender, with almost a 40%INV, which hasn’t been touched by an OHL defender since Anthony DeAngelo’s 45% in his draft year. Bouchard shoots a ton, and when London gutted the major pieces of their roster, Bouchard kept producing. One game all year without a shot on goal, four games with 10 or more shots on goal, and just 16 of 67 games without a point is remarkable. His play away from the puck, especially in his own end may need work, but Bouchard’s on-paper potential is remarkable as a Brent Burns-type offensive shooting defenseman with solid size.
Below is Top 15 of Will Scouch
Will Scouch‏ @Scouching Apr 30
Scouching’s 2018 Post-Lottery Mock Draft

https://scouching.wordpress.com/2018/04/30/scouchings-2018-post-lottery-mock-draft/ …

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Even when winning for another team Thomas is still working dividence for the Knights, he's a champion like we always believed he would be.

Reactions: zman77

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
They were a loaded squad, rookies or not lol. Lots of NHL picks, high end players.....They ran away from the league during reg season, had most SSM fans n posters thinking the PO title was a forgone conclusion, and any adversity was a result of league conspiracy or the team not trying for 60 min in SSM posters minds........
Sounds like grasping for excuses. Sometimes the better team wins.
Fact was they were not as head n shoulders above the competition as many had thought.
2 game 7s just to earn the right to compete for the OHL title.
Better team won.
Other teams have won with rookies and kids in yr 2 without much PT in the lineup before. (Lots of examples, look it up, should not be an excuse). I've said before often- ask HL ;)
Age doesn't matter, contribution does, and by all accounts SSM did well reg season.
Fact is, they had a great, dominate reg season that didn't translate to PO supremacy. No excuses needed.
They were not good enough.

Don Cherry was right .. karma...

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Question what team would you guys say is the team to beat next year

Hard to say.

SSM and OS should both be pretty good again.

I'll say London is right there with them if Formenton and Bouchard return.

Bouchard...I'd say it's likely he's back.

Formenton...I'm guessing he's not back.

Without Formenton it's fully dependent on the strides that the players make. Guys like Foudy, Moskal and Dunkley would need to establish themselves as top line players and McMichael would also need to take a big step forward. I think a guy like Popov is also poised to have a big year.

Then you have to consider the chance that someone like Vlasic or Boqvist comes over.

London will have good goaltending and a top 3 defence core of Bouchard/Regula/Perrott should be pretty solid.

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Question what team would you guys say is the team to beat next year

Thinking the East would be Niagara, Oshawa and Ottawa would have the assets to make a run, but, we are talking 18-20 year old kids here so anything can happen I suppose.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Hard to say.

SSM and OS should both be pretty good again.

I'll say London is right there with them if Formenton and Bouchard return.

Bouchard...I'd say it's likely he's back.

Formenton...I'm guessing he's not back.

Without Formenton it's fully dependent on the strides that the players make. Guys like Foudy, Moskal and Dunkley would need to establish themselves as top line players and McMichael would also need to take a big step forward. I think a guy like Popov is also poised to have a big year.

Then you have to consider the chance that someone like Vlasic or Boqvist comes over.

London will have good goaltending and a top 3 defence core of Bouchard/Regula/Perrott should be pretty solid.

Chances are Formenton will be in a Knights uniform next year if Ottawa picks Filip Zadina or Brady Tkachuck, they are saying in the sport world both could be NHL ready. And Ottawa have Logan Brown to take a serious look at, if Brown makes the team Formenton will be in London next season, if he does not make the Senators he will be sent down to AHL in Belleville and then Formenton could have a chance to stick with Ottawa. IMHO

Reactions: zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad