London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Any thought that the rights to Bouramman would be part of the deal. He is in the ECHL right now but he also takes another OA spot and he is a Euro.

For what it's worth I real like Carbonara and think he is under valued by many. But Collins positionally is what we needeneeded he is solid.

I may have kept Carbs over Rollo though... just saying.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
How much better is Raymaakers than what we have currently?

His stats dont look that great to me

Year Ga Avg. Sv% W L OTL

14-15 3.05 .898 14 7 0
15-16 3.61 .891 13 10 4
16-17 3.38 .889 23 13 4

Definitely not worth Johnson Carbonara and 2 second rounders like someone said earlier. More like Carbonara and Johnson and no picks whatsoever and that is an almost even trade there.

from the Freeps on opening weekend

ON THE ROAD: Two or three OHL teams have expressed interest in Hounds' veteran netminder Joseph Raaymakers, the Chatham native who demanded a trade before training camp. The Knights aren't one of those teams

stellar reporting once again by RyPy

as for the move(if true)...after watching Carby today I would have thought long and hard before moving him out. He adds a dimension to the lineup that is sorely missed when he's not dressed.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
The Knights are clearly believe in Raaymakers and are paying for the version that showed up in the playoffs last year. For what it's worth, I thought he made strides last year, but struggled after losing his job to a spectacular Matthew Villalta.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
My question: Why would the Knights pay this rumoured price for what would essentially be a lateral move, at best ? I might be able to accept it if it were a significant upgrade over what is currently in place, but I just can't see it as that.
You just don't pay to occupy the same spot that you're already at.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
1297290424180_AUTHOR_PHOTO.jpg

By Peter Ruicci, Sault Star
Saturday, August 26, 2017 3:22:53 EDT AM
After a shaky 2016-2017 regular season, Raaymakers got hot and regained his No. 1 job in the playoffs.
And he played brilliantly.
In fact, with a 1.95 goals-against average and .942 save percentage in 10 post-season games, Raaymakers led all OHL puck-stoppers in both categories.
"He had the best numbers of any goalie in the playoffs
and I thought in the Owen Sound series he played the best hockey of his career,” said Raftis, whose team was eliminated by the Attack in six games in the Western Conference semifinals. “He was our starting goalie in the playoffs and I was really excited about him coming in.”
For that reason, Raftis admitted it “did come as a surprise” when Raaymakers requested a trade.
http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2017/08/26/raaymakers-wont-attend-greyhounds-camp

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Sometimes you gotta pay...if its true we get Raaymakers we can hopefully shake it up and get to where we need to be this year. I know playoffs is a while away, but we need to have a solid goaltender and also a good mentor for Kooy.
Makes no sense. Over pay for a goalie who has played 10 outstanding games last year, refused to join team, gave up on teammates, all because he didn't want to battle goalie partner for playing time. Yeah you need him to mentor Kooy

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The only game that disapointed me the most was that one in Erie a week ago, I know they lost many more but that Erie game was disheartening and very painful to watch. They've just went through and lost a seven game series against them last spring, a series where many Knights coming back this year should remember as they were out performed at very aspects of the game except for goaltending. If that wasn't enough to motivate a team then what would , they should have came out flying and they didn't. This weekend was the opposite they work their butts off, they were met with good goaltending and they may have gripped their sticks a little hard but it finally unclog in the third period against Owen Sound.

Now Formenton is back, Collins is looking more and more comfortable each game as he help settling down the DS and there are talks of trades, after all these most recent experiences they can only go but up from now on !!! IMHO

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
For what it's worth, I watched the game against the Sound today. No doubt the Knights are somewhat snake bit. I doubt this will continue.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
With Carbonara rumoured to be gone we've gotten softer if anything.

I agree. !

He and the Knights are also missing a third line centerman , missing the head plumber in Owen MacDonald big time ! When the first two lines got into a slump, he and Carbonara would get things moving again with a goal here and there. They'd be making things happen that was uplifting to the team, that third line should be the back breaker line on your team but this year is stuggling. I thought Owen was special and very dear to the team, that's the reason they never traded him and kept him on for five years, Carbonara looks a little lost without him !!! IMHO

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If this is the price for Raaymakers how much would we have to pay to get a premier goalie in the league? like for example what would we trade for Villalta or Dipietro?

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
youngblood10 comment this morning on OHL Trades Board:

The league is around the 10 game mark now, most have a good idea who's returning
or not and how newcomers are fitting into the fold.
I don't have any data to prove my claim but this doesn't seem unusual for some deals
to start happening at this point.
I think the trade season will still be active like most years.
Injuries happen but in general, selling teams want to hold on to big ticket players
and bank as many points as possible for a playoff gate.
And the buyers want to see exactly what they need to match up and put them over the top
against the other contenders before spending big.
Some think this year could be a buys market, on the flip side it could be prime time
for an arms race between several very good teams.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Alex Formenton is joining the Knights at the right time.
He had an exciting and successful run with the Ottawa Senators.
Formenton will get quality Top 6 Minutes with the following London Knights:
Robert Thomas............1st Round Pick St. Louis Blues 2017
Max Jones.......................1st Round Pick Anaheim Ducks 2016
Cliff Pu..............................3rd Round Pick Buffalo Sabres 2016
Sam Miletic...................Recently Signed by Pittsburgh to ELC & is OA
Tyler Rollo......................Recently acquired by London & is an OA
This group has plenty of speed and skill.
Formenton will help to bring the group together and produce on the board.
As you know, Formenton has explosive speed along with a 'high motor' and edge.
I'm sure he's learned a lot playing and practising with one of the best teams in the NHL.
The Ottawa Senators have totally impressed with their team speed, passing and skill level.
They spanked the Oilers and Flames soundly on their rinks!
The 'team play' of the Senators is the template every team should model.
What to do in the OHL?
Perform at a high rate in critical situations including PP, PK and Even Strength.
Play a 'team game' that will produce Wins and high point totals for everyone.
Formenton is a very welcomed player at the very right time.
Ottawa Senator's Scouting Staff found a gem at the 47th Pick in this years NHL draft!
He's a character guy who'll continue to have a great season.
Look for Alex Formenton to play for Team Canada in the WJC.

Reactions: Mika Hoffmanijad

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I so prefer Carbonara to Rollo.
If he can just cut back a bit on the unnecessary PIMs.

We see what teeth this rumor has. I dont doubt Londons interest, just the package that has been often mentioned.
Kooy or Johnson
Rollo wouldnt have any value to Soo, and London needs to drop one OA. ( cant see it being the D or Miletic in this deal unless Soo has more coming this way than the G) So maybe it is Carbs?
Im hoping its a G and a pick or 2.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I do not like rumors, since there is one on the possibility of Raaymakers coming to London, I would suggest the Knights management to bring him in the gym. Place him on a matt and if he stand on his head without any assistance then go ahead take him and sign him because this is what they'll need !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad