London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I am glad that London has decided to keep Tyler Rollo, as one of their three overages. He works hard, is a great penalty killer and can provide offence. In Peterborough he provided a spark each game he played, but got caught in the numbers game when Nikita Korostelev came back and he became the odd man out.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
For that high of price someone else will come along with Raaymakers in that deal , my guess is a defenseman possibly someone like Athony DeMeo or somebody in their system. Normally for someone requesting a trade is rarely this high, they have got to put another player in for this deal make any sense at all for the KNIGHTS.

Last edited:

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
For that high of price someone else will come along with Raaymakers in that deal , my guess is a defenseman possibly someone like Athony DeMeo or somebody in their system. Normally for someone requesting a trade is rarely this high, they have got to put another player in for this deal make any sense at all for the KNIGHTS.

??? why would they trade anyone from their current D? SSM is doing fine they don't need to deal anyone even Raaymakers the knights are coming from a point of need SSM holds all the cards here

Last edited:
Reactions: webegtodiffer
I am glad that London has decided to keep Tyler Rollo, as one of their three overages. He works hard, is a great penalty killer and can provide offence. In Peterborough he provided a spark each game he played, but got caught in the numbers game when Nikita Korostelev came back and he became the odd man out.
I like Rollo, but what he adds to the lineup in comparison to Carbonara isn't a major upside. Carbonara added a dimension this team will miss immensely. Rollo is an asset no doubt, but, removing him could be easily absorbed by other players in the lineup in my opinion.

Reactions: aresknights

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Disagree. They don’t need to add Raaymakers so that’s their position of strength. No need to match Soo’s asking price. If it’s too much, walk away. Simple.
and the Soo would rather not help the Knights, so why would they trade them a player that may help them unless the price is very good?

Reactions: BrunoDaBear

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
London been top team for J.R , they've obviously wanted/needed him from start, so not sure what you're saying here
Probably saying that because the London is a 'rival', we shouldn't trade with them...that being said if the price is right, why not? If Sudbury were to throw all their draft picks for the next 5 seasons for Hayton or Katchouk for example (this is extreme hypothetical situation bare in mind) why not make the trade? Sudbury is a huge rival and we play them 6 times a year....if the price is right, a deal will be done with whomever is willing to pay

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
??? why would they trade anyone from their current D? SSM is doing fine they don't need to deal anyone even Raaymakers the knights are coming from a point of need SSM holds all the cards here

This needing thing comes from us fans, the Knights management has not let anyone known they were looking for a goalie. I just don't beleive Raaymakers alone at this price is the answer and I don't see them paying big for a goaltender just to find themselve not getting ahead, in my opinion this deal without another player attached to the deal is not happening at this steep price !!!

Last edited:

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Probably saying that because the London is a 'rival', we shouldn't trade with them...that being said if the price is right, why not? If Sudbury were to throw all their draft picks for the next 5 seasons for Hayton or Katchouk for example (this is extreme hypothetical situation bare in mind) why not make the trade? Sudbury is a huge rival and we play them 6 times a year....if the price is right, a deal will be done with whomever is willing to pay

Telling you a deal is already done

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Deal is done but I'm hearing Carbonara is staying in London

Johnson and 2 2nds (one conditional pick)

This would'nt be too bad if Carbonara stays , but let's wait and see what is the complete deal. Raaymakers for Johnson and one second rounder is fair and if Raaymakers comes back for his OA year trow in another second rounder I'd like that. They still need one more experience D , they can still get it by trading an OA forward. The Knights should be set until the trade deadline and have another look at that time !

OHLCynic

Mar 24, 2017
I for one am glad that he Knights didn’t seem to overpay too badly for Raaymakers.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I’m still not convinced he’s a significant upgrade. I still see a tandem situation with Kooy by the end of the season.

The biggest positive I could see is having a vet shoulder more of the blows until the Team D situation sorts itself out instead of a rookie losing his confidence.

So where does Carbonara end up?

Seems like he is the odd man out.
I'm not so sure he is. I watched the 2 games against Windsor that he was scratched...he was the element we were missing in those 2 games. Rollo has done nothing to really move the needle so far in London. I'd take Carbonara 10 times out of 10 if you offered me both.

Reactions: TheCoach

RWML67

Aug 22, 2017
Glad to see that Carbonara was left out of this deal. London can assess their situation more and then react with what OA to move. Good return. Fair deal

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad