London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Better effort tonight but yet still 1-8-1 is almost as bad as it can get. Owen Sound looked much weaker than I expected.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
They also got pretty unlucky today. 2 posts and tons of chances.

With Formenton back I wouldn't be surprised to see this team rifle off a bunch of wins in a row.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Better effort tonight but yet still 1-8-1 is almost as bad as it can get. Owen Sound looked much weaker than I expected.

The Attack need an elite goaltender, and much work on their defensive side.
They've managed wins so far based on goal scoring.

They're in the hunt for a goalie.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Jones should have been benchedbafter OS second goalbhe stopped back checking and was whining to the ref wanting a penalty!!!!!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Maybe not a 6-4 win but am I happy with their work attic these last three games. They have outplayed outworked and out-shot their opponents all three games, I only wish they could have out scored them as well.

I am not worried about this team they will be alright !!!

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
I have seen bright spots this weekend, dont tear the team down yet. There should be a change in their outcomes very soon. Hopefully next weekend vs Kitchener and Missisauga.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
So is Raaymakers really an upgrade on Johnson/Kooy? What do goalie experts think? The stats say no. Though Raaymakers did play well in 10 (!) playoff games last season. And he'd be an OA next season.

I am a believer in upgrading your roster in unique and not so obvious ways but for a 1-8-1 team, goaltending would be far from the top of the list of areas that need attention. There's a price for everything, and we'll have to see the picks involved, but in a vacuum, I fail to see how this is much of an upgrade if at all over Johnson or Kooy. But that is an early reaction.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Lipstick on a pig.
Agreed...
While it's true that Raaymakers has played well AGAINST the Knights, acquiring him is, to use your apt expression, "lipstick on a pig". Upgrades [note: plural] to the defence are sorely needed IF the Hunters want to salvage this season--which is not to say that that is their goal.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Ryan Pyette LFP:
The Knights made a strong impression on Owen Sound.
"They're going to be OK," Attack coach Todd Gill, the ex-Leaf, said. "They've got some talent on there. We got the bounce and they didn't. They outplayed us in the third and probably should have had that game won."

And after it, they found out the Senators were returning 18-year-old forward Alex Formenton to London this week.
"I think we're getting better," said centre Robert Thomas. "We're getting tons of chances and once we start burying them, they'll keep going in. We've got to build off it. And it's huge (Alex) is coming back.
"He stayed up for a while and made a great impression with the Sens."

Guys are grinding away." London assistant coach Rick Steadman said. "It's a huge point for the weekend. It's a positive. Small things can start big things."
"It shows our resilience," Thomas said. "A big thing for us is trying to emulate that period in all of our games. It's a good wake-up for us."
Steadman lauded the character in the Knights room.
"The top guys really stepped up and were pushing the pace," he said. "They haven't had any luck, we've had to fight for every goal but they haven't got down. Having that attitude got us back in the game and then overtime is 50/50.
"Our top guys can compare with any top guys in the league."

of London's other back end bright spots has been Michigan native Alec Regula, whose father Chet has served as team dentist for the Red Wings, baseball's Tigers and the NFL's Lions.
"Sam was a great resource for me," Regula said. "We were together every day and there were a lot of things I wasn't sure about. He answered my questions because he had been through the process before."
Shots on goal by
Owen Sound 11 7 10 3—31
London 11 17 9 1—38

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/10/15/l...te-rally-and-solid-play-something-to-build-on

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
If true.........good move........fair exchange imho.
Stop the Bleeding.
The new additions for the Knights are starting to gel with the Vets.
2 Away Games next weekend:
Friday-20th: Kitchener
Sunday-22nd: Mississauga
JR will make a big difference in Goal for the Knights.
4 Points!!

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Sometimes you gotta pay...if its true we get Raaymakers we can hopefully shake it up and get to where we need to be this year. I know playoffs is a while away, but we need to have a solid goaltender and also a good mentor for Kooy.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I come in peace haha

One thing I was thinking about this weekend was the reason for London's issues to date. They have some bigger names back but appear to be lacking that killer instinct with the puck in the offensive zone. It made me think - why? Does it seem like a stretch to believe they're not as comfortable without Parsons? When they had Parsons in net, you knew he was going to stop almost everything, so you could get loose in the offensive zone. Now, you're not as certain so you grip the stick a bit tighter. Perhaps dealing for Raaymakers is what London needs; that "he'll be our rock" so the veterans can concentrate on offence and not worrying about what happens if the puck gets into their own zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad