London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Going for it if Mete returns and I doubt he does,would be a terrible mistake.
Even with Mete London needs 2D and 3 forwards to challenge,plus with the OHL sending only 1 rep to the Mem Cup this year,even more challenging.Toss in the fact,that Robert Thomas probably makes the NHL next year, assuming he continues to improve,the future is very bleak.
London with the early pro graduation of Kaukkonen,Mete and Juolevi are last year's Sarnia, who lost 3 players early and finished 8th.In fact and though I think it won't happen,if the playoffs started today London would miss the playoffs based on today's standings and win percentage.
If anyone thinks this year is bad, wait till next, doesn't project well currently.

No, the Knights will not need three forwards to go for it, we all know how hard it is to keep a bunch of stars happy. They need two more defenders for sure and one centreman. They are having problem finding the right combination for a third line centreman that can make his wingers better. They should have enough talents to build a strong fourth energy line.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Not sure if you are aware that 11 of the other forwards besides the 5 that you mentioned have a combined total of 16 goals,yes 16 goals in 19 games,Toss in the fact that Miletic has only 4 goals,Pu 5 and he hasn't been the same player since almost a year ago,Jones is a suspension waiting to happen,seems to be going for the Cy Young award 8G,1A,only Formenton and Thomas seem to be reliable with any consistency.
Mete alone can't bring this team to the level you desire that much is sure.
I do agree any moves London makes to make them better next year won't make them a contender.
Is what it is, rebuilds are a process,not always easy.

Goals and assists is not much of an analysis. Actually, in this case...just goals.

They had a horrific start - everyone knows that. The 5 listed are all proven producers as of last year (except Formenton)

They've turned their play up a notch lately if you actually watch the games and I think there's still more to come. The numbers will follow suit.

Last edited:
Reactions: aresknights

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Montreal Fans: Recent Comments on Victor Mete
Adam Michaels:

He's 19 years old. I know he's done real well. But some of those last games he played a lot of minutes, he struggled. He was playing less to make plays and more not to make mistakes. So it's normal for a young player his age to be played less.
As for the 4th line, he really didn't look out of place. He's actually played there in Junior with London so he was not put in a spot he had zero idea about. In fact, he was the best player on his line.
I am okay with him being sent back down. It won't hurt him. I think when Schlemko gets back and Jerabek gets a call up, there is no room for Mete or for either Morrow/Davidson.
Habs100:
True but they might keep him for depth purposes. Our defense is weak, as it is.
It will be interesting to see how Joe Morrow, Schlemko, and Juulsen play. I like Morrow's potential. The key for Morrow will be his decision making. He has a lot of physical tools. The speed and skating, size, and a good shot.
Imo, Davidson is a career 7th dman. He has some solid aspects to his game. But he can't stick handle. That seriously limits his game.
sandviper:
He can be sent back still. Basically, since he’s played more than 10 games, he’s burned his first year of his 3-year entry contract. However, if he plays 40 games, he burns a year closer to UFA. This is typically the number GMs really care about. If Mete is still playing less than 10 minutes a night and has unimpressive statistical numbers by the 39 game mark, I think it may better for the team and Mete himself to send him back.
Mrbl1p:
Petry was just like that in Edmonton.
Mete is smart and has all the tools to be good, he just needs to make some mistakes
and learn the pace.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Good ole HL. I wonder how he would spin the posts if London were his team ;)
For a self proclaimed "nuetral, unbiased" poster, his posts are polar opposites depending on the team he is commenting on.
London will be fine. And despite whatever is going on now (and I am not a fan of it) , they will consistently finish ahead the Spits in reg season, play deeper in the POs than the Spits ove the next 5 yrs, just like the ladt t yrs. Book it.
Cue the "ya but we won the Cup after a 5th place conf finish, 1st rd loss after finally getting healthy speel"

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Good ole HL. I wonder how he would spin the posts if London were his team ;)
For a self proclaimed "nuetral, unbiased" poster, his posts are polar opposites depending on the team he is commenting on.
London will be fine. And despite whatever is going on now (and I am not a fan of it) , they will consistently finish ahead the Spits in reg season, play deeper in the POs than the Spits ove the next 5 yrs, just like the ladt t yrs. Book it.
Cue the "ya but we won the Cup after a 5th place conf finish, 1st rd loss after finally getting healthy speel"

Right if you were to take a poll and ask people what team will have more success over the next 5 years people that say Windsor it will just be a guess. There's nothing tangible to back that opinion up with. It's not like either organization will be hosting a Memorial Cup which each organization has done over the past 5 years. So what you're left with is looking at how many playoff wins/series wins/division titles/conference titles/league titles a team will have. You can take Windsor but that isn't where the smart money would be at.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Did anyone notice that Flint beat Sarnia 5-3 today?? LOL :popcorn:

Nothing of the unusual here, many over confident top teams are making the same error, the Knights did go without scoring a goal against Guelph and had a loss on home ice against Saginaw !!!

Not to say the Knights are a top team , but they are certainly better then what their record show at this moment !

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Good game and win but they took their foot off the gas in the third and almost blew the 3 goal lead.

Guelph is much improved from last couple of years

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
We won the game 7-4 over Guelph , offensively we were there but defensively we was full of hole !!!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Merkley is playing in the wrong sports. It's either diving or wind-sailing for him, Get's blown down by the wind or he likes going down for a plunge!!!

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I am not one to criticize single players , I will always criticize the entire team but there are players that seriously needs to pick up their game, it's about time to do it right now !!!

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Good game and win but they took their foot off the gas in the third and almost blew the 3 goal lead.

Guelph is much improved from last couple of years

I'm not so sure they took their foot off the gas....I think the problem is we are a 2-line team, and we can't depend on our 3rd/4th lines to play against the other teams' top 2 lines in the 3rd period. We then end up relying on our top two for almost the entire period and fatigue then becomes a problem.

I can't believe just how ineffective our 3rd and 4th lines have been this season....gonna make it tough to make a run!

Reactions: Fastpace

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Merkly is playing in the wrong sports. It's either diving or wind-sailing for him, Get's blown down by the wind or he likes going down for a plunge!!!
Im glad to see the judges gave him 10's across the board for that one but ask a storm fan Merkley doesnt dive LOL

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Tonight;
Arizona 5-4 Win over Montreal
Dvorak had 1 Goal & 1 Assist
Victor Mete played 13 Minutes tonight
Dakota Mermis has played 7 Games with Arizona this eason

Reactions: TheCoach and LDN

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I was Raaymakers wouldn't handle the puck. It screws the defense up something awful and he turns it over constantly. I am happy with his play just scares the hell out of me every time he plays the puck or should I say hand grenade. I hope Kooy gets the start tonight and the boys play decent in front of him. He has to get some games in.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I was Raaymakers wouldn't handle the puck. It screws the defense up something awful and he turns it over constantly. I am happy with his play just scares the hell out of me every time he plays the puck or should I say hand grenade. I hope Kooy gets the start tonight and the boys play decent in front of him. He has to get some games in.

Handling a puck is an art that many goalies have problems with, they are not in this league for their passing plays. A great percentage after handling the puck ends up on oppenent sticks, they are trying very hard to help out offensively with already set plays but most of them are just not cut out to play the puck. Similar to saying not all skaters can play in net, even if they try they are just not cut out to stop pucks in this league !!!

Reactions: LDN

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
I am not one to criticize single players , I will always criticize the entire team but there are players that seriously needs to pick up their game, it's about time to do it right now !!!

You, 7 minutes earlier.

Merkley is playing in the wrong sports. It's either diving or wind-sailing for him, Get's blown down by the wind or he likes going down for a plunge!!!

:huh:

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
You, 7 minutes earlier.

:huh:

I ain't talking about your team, I don't cheer for them, sometime as many other team sites have noticed I do comment as well on nice opponent plays and other team achievements. I like to keep the positive for our team and use the negative on the oppositions, I use the single opponent plays as examples for our own team of fan analysts on our site !!!

Last edited:

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
If the Knights' strategy is to use their speed to make life difficult for their oppnents, then they simply can not play any games half fast.....something they've been guilty of

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
I ain't talking about your team, I don't cheer for them, sometime as many other team sites have noticed I do comment as well on nice opponent plays and other team achievements. I like to keep the positive for our team and use the negative on the oppositions, I use the single opponent plays as examples for our own team of fan analysts on our site !!!

You contradict yourself here too.

Carry on. I'll show myself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad