London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Team Canada 4-Team Russia 2
I thought all 3 Knights played very well.
Cliff Pu can skate and dangle with the best of them in the CHL.
His stats in the OHL are not indicative of how good he is or how well he has played for the Knights.
He's also one of the best on Face-Offs in the O and D Zones.
Clifford was 65% on FO's against the Russians.
Yes, Team Canada would benefit in having him on the team as a 'toolsy 3rd-4th line.
Where does Clifford need to improve?
imho.
'Finishing Plays' is the area where Cliff needs to focus on with his overall play.
This means improving his shot and puck handling choices within 20 feet of the Net.
He can use different types of shots in various locations along with a faster release.
Alex Formenton:
He is one of the main reasons for the London Knights winning in the past 10 games or so.
Can he make Team Canada?
Absolutely!
He could easily be spotted onto the 4th Line and used for PK Duties when needed.
Where does he need to improve?
Everyone knows about his blazing speed.
I would suggest he continue to improve his puck handling to get the next level.
He wants to prove he can play a 'physical game.'
I like is enthusiasm but he needs to be cautious of the 'blind side hits' and unnecessary slashes.
Formenton is a good one!!
Evan Bouchard:
He has surprised me this season.
He's playing around 22-25 minutes per game for the Knights.
Dale and staff trust him.
He's improved his skating and his play in the D Zone.
I enjoyed his interview last night.
Bouchard was very humble and cerebral on examining his own play.
Team Canada?
I would say Bouchard will be a 'lock' for next WJC.
Also:
Robert Thomas is the type of leader-player who makes everyone around him better.
Team Canada?
imho..............95% good bet Thomas will be a key member on Team Canada.
Victor Mete:
imho he will play on Team Canada as their #1 D-Man.
Will he be returned to the London Knights after the WJC?
imho...........I would say Montreal want him to be playing 25 minutes a game as part of his good development as an NHL player.
Send Victor back to London!!
CIBC Canada/Russia Series

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Team Canada 4-Team Russia 2
I thought all 3 Knights played very well.
Cliff Pu can skate and dangle with the best of them in the CHL.
His stats in the OHL are not indicative of how good he is or how well he has played for the Knights.
He's also one of the best on Face-Offs in the O and D Zones.
Clifford was 65% on FO's against the Russians.
Yes, Team Canada would benefit in having him on the team as a 'toolsy 3rd-4th line.
Where does Clifford need to improve?
imho.
'Finishing Plays' is the area where Cliff needs to focus on with his overall play.
This means improving his shot and puck handling choices within 20 feet of the Net.
He can use different types of shots in various locations along with a faster release.
Alex Formenton:
He is one of the main reasons for the London Knights winning in the past 10 games or so.
Can he make Team Canada?
Absolutely!
He could easily be spotted onto the 4th Line and used for PK Duties when needed.
Where does he need to improve?
Everyone knows about his blazing speed.
I would suggest he continue to improve his puck handling to get the next level.
But, I have noticed he wants to prove he can 'physical game.'
I like that but be cautious of the 'blind side hits' and unnecessary slashes.
Formenton is a good one!!
Evan Bouchard:
He has surprised me this season.
He's playing around 22-25 minutes per game for the Knights.
Dale and staff trust him.
He's improved his skating and his play in the D Zone.
I enjoyed his interview last night.
Bouchard was very humble and cerebral on examining his own play.
Team Canada?
I would say Bouchard will be a 'lock' for next WJC.
Also:
Robert Thomas is the type of leader-player who makes everyone around him better.
Team Canada?
imho..............95% good bet Thomas will be a key member on Team Canada.
Victor Mete:
imho he will play on Team Canada as their #1 D-Man.
Will he be returned to the London Knights after the WJC?
imho...........I would say Montreal wants him to be playing 25 minutes a game as part of his good development as an NHL player.
CIBC Canada/Russia Series
If Mete is back we are a contender!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I guess this is the year where the Knights fans will say; We almost had another cup celebration if it wasn't for Mete Juolevi Crawley and Bratt sticking with the pros !

Or this is the year the Knights were full of pleasant surprises for their fans !!!

I guess this is the year where the Knights fans will say; We almost had another cup celebration if it wasn't for Mete Juolevi Crawley and Bratt sticking with the pros !

Or this is the year the Knights were full of pleasant surprises for their fans !!!
I'd be happy with this is the year the Knights actually sell everything..finish last and draft 1st.

Reactions: aresknights

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Thomas is virtually a lock

Canada’s D depth is good. Makes Bouchard’s chances slim at best.

Formenton could find a role. Wouldn’t bring him. Does not offer enough.

Pu isn’t deserving. Doesn’t compete hard enough and is too wildly inconsistent. In short Tournament, that doesn’t work.

Pu looked quite good against Russia.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a spot.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Does anyone think the three London Knights players at the Canada/Russia Series made a case for themselves to make the Canadian team ?

I think not, the only one that have an outside chance from the three that played last night is Formenton because his skating was consistent in both games. Pu did show flashes of his speed at times and other times he was practically invisible on the ice. Bouchard played well and steady but I don't believe he's amoung the top 8 defenders of the country. Thomas is the best the Knights have to offer, but with only one game to show his stuff to the Canadian Brass, it may be not enough to place him on the team.

Thomas deserve to be on the team, if just from his plays we witnessed since he came back from NHL camp. The Canadian managements should scouts some more of his games to see what he's all about . IMHO !!!

I respond, no big deal they know what they got in Thomas and then....

"Yes I agree, and that is usually
a common pratice at training camps"

You flip flop so much. From Formenton to being the only one with a shot to......
Just hard to follow.

Thomas is the one with the inside track. Not gauranteed but highest. LK on the depth chart. Formenton n Bouchard would be a surprise ala J Anderson.

Last edited:

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Dale better bench Carbonara for the rest of the game.... No need to take and unsportsmanlike penalty. Bench him for the next couple games too if that helps...

In fact, ship him out with for whatever draft pick you can get. I've seen enough temperamental egos on this team....

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I missed most of this game, but it sucks to see the 14 game streak end! How was the game? Did we play hard or were we sloppy?

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Should they have started Kooy tonight? Its been forever since he has gotten the start. I still think he is talented. I know they want to WIN WIN WIN, but they didnt tonight....So what difference would it have made to start Kooy?

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Should they have started Kooy tonight? Its been forever since he has gotten the start. I still think he is talented. I know they want to WIN WIN WIN, but they didnt tonight....So what difference would it have made to start Kooy?
maybe they didn't know they were going to lose?

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
maybe they didn't know they were going to lose?
I know...its just they easily could have started Kooy. They havent let him start at all since JR got here. What type of message does that send to him? its like they dont believe in him at all

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I know...its just they easily could have started Kooy. They havent let him start at all since JR got here. What type of message does that send to him? its like they dont believe in him at all

Theres obviously a reason Kooy isnt playing.
Take it for what it is...
-They think Raaymakers gives them a better chance at a W
-They are sending a message to Kooy
-Team has no confidence in Kooy
-Injury
-X factor
Take your pick.
But its defintely a combo of 2 of these factors.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The Knights played well enough to win tonight, the bounces didn't go their way. Out played the Rangers most of the night and got 40 shots and had their chances. It was a good effort with unfavorable result !

The one thing negative I can say about this game is when your opponents is being in the sin box most of the game you just got to know the refs will be looking for some easy make up calls. They need to keep their frustration in check !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: shanewalsh

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
a team desperate for wins is in no mood to start a back up goaltender, and Dale notoriously plays his #1 all the time even when winning at a 40 to 45 game clip; since they are no where near that rate, Kooy will see very little time.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I would put my money on a Mete return he had TOI of 7:06 in a OT loss to blue jackets he should be released to team canada

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I would put my money on a Mete return he had TOI of 7:06 in a OT loss to blue jackets he should be released to team canada

I understand Montreal moved Mete up on 4th line left wing for that game tonight, something has gone wrong since he was told to find his own place !

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I understand Montreal moved Mete up on 4th line left wing for that game tonight, something has gone wrong since he was told to find his own place !
the high has wore off of being in the NHL the pressure might be mounting something in the room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad