Rumor: Logan Stanley requests trade

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Scouting report on how he's been this year? As an outsider, shocking to see him fall so far in favor. What would y'all think of a Stanley for Durzi swap? Kings could use a true LD for bottom pairing with his size/toughness.
I’d do that trade. Stanley has pure and simple been beat out by the rookie Samberg for the bottom pair LHD spot. Most Jets fans likely have Stanley # 8 behind Capo.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Ya, or perhaps quickness more than speed. Mostly I think he just needs to process the game a bit faster.

Agree. To a Jets fan, I'd say his limitations are:

- Quickness
- 4-way mobility
- Game processing
- Puck and player tracking
- Calm and decision-making under pressure

To a potential trade partner, I'd say:

"Logan Stanley's strengths in passing, zone exits, reach and physicality far outweigh any weaknesses in overall footspeed, which are easily overcome. Worth a first and then some. The next Chara!"

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Agree. To a Jets fan, I'd say his limitations are:

- Quickness
- 4-way mobility
- Game processing
- Puck and player tracking
- Calm and decision-making under pressure

To a potential trade partner, I'd say:

"Logan Stanley's strengths in passing, zone exits, reach and physicality far outweigh any weaknesses in overall footspeed, which are easily overcome. Worth a first and then some. The next Chara!"
To add on the puck skills piece...

When a D has the puck he needs to have the ability to make two main passes. Blueline-to-blueline and goalline-to-blueline (which you could also call dot-to-dot as in the circle to outside the blueline to hit the outlet).

Stanley cannot make these passes with any accuracy in a NHL game which makes him relatively useless.

In the O zone he also has no skills but pinching with the puck up the wall or blindly hammering slap shots in from the point. Cannot make a pass directly to another player in a scoring position.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
He has been a bit better at holding onto the puck and not blindly shooting as soon as he gets it at the point.

Emphasis on a bit. In his rookie seasoning don't think the puck was ever on his stick for more than half a second before a shot, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad